[APP] [4.1+] Android Bot Maker - Do repetitive tasks easily

Search This thread

frapeti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2012
Cordoba, Argentina
www.groupon.com.ar
[BETA STAGE] Android Bot Maker​

Don't expect a perfect version at this stage, any suggestion / bug report is welcome :p

Why is it for?
It's a FREE automation tool that allows you to turn your Android device into a bot, making repetitive tasks easily.​

Requirements:

• Rooted device
  • Android 4.1+ (4.4 recommended)

Features:

• Taps, swipes, pauses, text and physical keys input supported.
  • Wake-Lock to prevent screen turning off
  • Tasker Plugin integration (synchronous tasks)
  • Delayed start, gives you the necessary amount of time to do what you need before starting the execution.
  • Share / import your edited files (.csv extension files)
  • Add, select, switch, edit, and remove actions from the list.
  • Export it to a shell script, runnable from the terminal emulator or via ADB.
  • Add widgets to run prebuilt lists

FAQ / TIPS:

• To edit an action long press it and change the desired values
  • Bot not stopping?? To avoid weird behaviours, please add at least one Sleep action just after any other action, setting at least the amount of time that the action consumes. (ie. 1 tap (5sec), > 1 Sleep (5sec).
  • ABM or CSV? ABM file extension is completely deprecated and you shouldn't use it. ABM files are not compatible between app updates so you should stick with CSV files instead.

Download:

Please test it and report back :p

UPDATE: Version 3.6 is out!

- Finally added Tasker Plugin integration (synchronous tasks)
- Fixed layout bugs, soft keyboard bugs, and more
- Fixed redraw and change loss after orientation changed
- Widgets should work ok now

To review:

- Swipe actions on non kitkat devices

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Bot Maker, App for the Android General

Contributors
frapeti

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 3.6

Created 2014-05-27
Last Updated 2014-05-27

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 5,856
  • AndroidBotMaker.apk
    708.1 KB · Views: 11,247
Last edited:

BxMxK

Aug 15, 2012
Fort Belvoir
Excellent idea. Will be awesome with some polishing

Issues on my Verizon Galaxy S3.
1) Sleep timer doesn't seem to wait as many seconds as you enter
2) When using with an app that hides notification bar its a pain to switch focus and stop the script without 20 other apps being opened. Maybe use a floating icon interface like gameguardian or gamecih use? or allow a hot-key to be set for start-stop? Seems like it always ends up crashing while I'm trying to close apps that it opened. If I switch focus to the botmaker then depending on the script you can really mess things up... first effort I hadn't exported, saved, or even written down anywhere and was about 30 lines long... even though i immediately hit pause when i got to botmaker the auto-taps kept going and deleted about 7 lines of my script before it crashed and shutdown
3) A working directory to save and load scripts from would be great to have. The current import/export seems a little awkward

frapeti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2012
Cordoba, Argentina
www.groupon.com.ar

2) When using with an app that hides notification bar its a pain to switch focus and stop the script without 20 other apps being opened. Maybe use a floating icon interface like gameguardian or gamecih use? or allow a hot-key to be set for start-stop? Seems like it always ends up crashing while I'm trying to close apps that it opened. If I switch focus to the botmaker then depending on the script you can really mess things up... first effort I hadn't exported, saved, or even written down anywhere and was about 30 lines long... even though i immediately hit pause when i got to botmaker the auto-taps kept going and deleted about 7 lines of my script before it crashed and shutdown
3) A working directory to save and load scripts from would be great to have. The current import/export seems a little awkward

Thanks, I will try to fix those with next updates, the most important bug I found is Android killing the process after certain amount of time :p

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Azerty971

neuropsychosis

Oct 8, 2011
This looks great. Would be great t if we could have a coordinate mapper of sorts. I dont know how to guess the x and y coordinates haha.

I has a sig

BxMxK

Aug 15, 2012
Fort Belvoir
This looks great. Would be great t if we could have a coordinate mapper of sorts. I dont know how to guess the x and y coordinates haha.

I has a sig

Depending on your device and ROM you can do this already. On my galaxy s3 running CleanROM I have an option under Settings->Developer options->Show pointer location. This puts an overlay at the top of screen so you can see the X,Y of each touch.

Reactions: neuropsychosis

N10AP

Nov 21, 2011
Nottingham
Brilliant idea.

It would be good if you could record gestures for talkback and assign them to widgets / navbar shortcuts.

For example, I`d like to add a widget / icon in the navbar or home screen that would emulate swipe down - then - swipe right as this pauses talkback. My wife has brain damage and is blind and the gestures on Talkback are a right pain in the arse!

I have a Nexus 4 running PA with Franco kernel and I put the said action in, hit play and it kept going over and over. I was unable to pause or stop it. I had to reboot the handset.

That said, this is a marvellous idea. Being able to record complicated multi-point swipes and assign them to a softkey/widget would be fantastic. There could be a security risk (potentially) if the app records silently and stores touches on the pattern unlock.

Good work, OP, good work.

crmsnghst

Dec 12, 2008
Works great! The was able to take the X Y from my CM10.1 D2VZW and have it drop an item from Ingress! Would like to be able to copy/paste action lines or repeat action etc for repetitive tasks.

Please keep up the good work! I'm very excited about this project.

Androguide.fr

Jul 21, 2012
Lyon, France
androguide.fr
Very nice app, congratulations :good:
I've recently been doing research on how to inject keyEvents to other applications for the Glass on Android port, and the only way I could find was to create an InputMethod.
Could you please give me some insight as to how you achieved this? Did you have to use the NDK or made use of some hidden API?

Hikari

Mar 3, 2012
Sarajevo
Have been looking for this for so long. Had looked at every inch of Google and couldn't find and there I just bumped into it today. Thanks Dev.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [BETA STAGE] Android Bot Maker​

Don't expect a perfect version at this stage, any suggestion / bug report is welcome :p

Why is it for?
    It's a FREE automation tool that allows you to turn your Android device into a bot, making repetitive tasks easily.​

Requirements:

• Rooted device
    • Android 4.1+ (4.4 recommended)

Features:

• Taps, swipes, pauses, text and physical keys input supported.
    • Wake-Lock to prevent screen turning off
    • Tasker Plugin integration (synchronous tasks)
    • Delayed start, gives you the necessary amount of time to do what you need before starting the execution.
    • Share / import your edited files (.csv extension files)
    • Add, select, switch, edit, and remove actions from the list.
    • Export it to a shell script, runnable from the terminal emulator or via ADB.
    • Add widgets to run prebuilt lists

FAQ / TIPS:

• To edit an action long press it and change the desired values
    • Bot not stopping?? To avoid weird behaviours, please add at least one Sleep action just after any other action, setting at least the amount of time that the action consumes. (ie. 1 tap (5sec), > 1 Sleep (5sec).
    • ABM or CSV? ABM file extension is completely deprecated and you shouldn't use it. ABM files are not compatible between app updates so you should stick with CSV files instead.

Download:

Please test it and report back :p

UPDATE: Version 3.6 is out!

- Finally added Tasker Plugin integration (synchronous tasks)
    - Fixed layout bugs, soft keyboard bugs, and more
    - Fixed redraw and change loss after orientation changed
    - Widgets should work ok now

To review:

- Swipe actions on non kitkat devices

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Bot Maker, App for the Android General

Contributors
    frapeti

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 3.6

Created 2014-05-27
    Last Updated 2014-05-27
    Well I'm glad to see you all like the idea of this Project, really thanks for the suggestions, every one of them is really apreciated, about the recording method, the method I know is by getevent binary and devices differ on different pones, but I will look into it and I will try to find a different way btw. The App uses the Jelly Bean new input binary to send the input events directly, that's why I didn't make it compatible with older versions of Android, not sure if the same binary can be used / ported to older versions btw hehe, worth trying, I will continue with this App when I finish some exams here, I like the idea of using widgets, next update may have some improvements ^_^

Oh and yes, I used paint for that lol, pm any logo if u want haha

I'd love to start a script every hour at a specific time three times in a row for an unlimited amount of times. Is there any possibility to add any functions that'd make that possible?

Unfortunately, the sleep function does take a lot of energy (processor), so it'd be great if it'd be possible to directly start (not just open) scripts through other applications (tasker etc.) or/and set a wait until (time/action) function.

Also would it be possible to add a toggle to enable/disable the floating start/stop control?

It'd also be great if there'd be a text-based editor for the script for advanced purposes, like adding control flows (if, else, when, etc.).

Thanks

Thanks, next update may come with some of those features implemented ;)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
    Just 4.1+ ? :(
    1. Will it be available to atleast 4.0?
    Thanks dev!

The input command with tap support wasn't added to Android till 4.1. I thought the tap part was added in 4.1.1.

As for my input. I would like to see the following if possible.

Sleep command allowing decimals. sleep 0.5 for example.
    Loop x times. If I want to drop 50 items in Ingress then I can have this loop 50 times then stop.

Below are 2 scripts I use (for Ingress) at the command line right now on my Note 2. I keep them saved within my Google Keep then copy and paste then into Airterm

Drop Items
    Code:
    clear; sleep 5; x=0;
    while [ $x -lt 50 ];
    do
    input tap 650 100; sleep 0.3;
    input tap 400 400; sleep 0.3;
    input tap 370 1190; sleep 0.4;
    (( x++ ));
    echo -en "\rProcessed: $x";
    done

Recycle Items