[APP][4.1+] "App manager" - alternative to the default app manger

SilentDevGuy

Feb 10, 2021
I
It's hard to trust closed sourced apps? Most apps on the Play Store, including the most popular ones - are closed sourced.
I already published privacy policy.
Try me. Try to monitor all the Internet connections of the app. See if I violate anything from it.
I have nothing to hide.
Try even with root being granted.

BTW, making an app open sourced doesn't mean that what you get on the Play Store is really 100% from it. It could have additional component that aren't published.
I am aware but you upload your own apk to apkmirror dont you? Why would you modify it?

You misunderstand, I am saying open sourcing an app with root access will make MORE people willing to try it. No one can say for sure what a closed source compiled program/app will do especially with ROOT it can do anything even mask itself from detection (; i was not directly accusing you of not being trustworthy

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
I

I am aware but you upload your own apk to apkmirror dont you? Why would you modify it?

You misunderstand, I am saying open sourcing an app with root access will make MORE people willing to try it. No one can say for sure what a closed source compiled program/app will do especially with ROOT it can do anything even mask itself from detection (; i was not directly accusing you of not being trustworthy
The apk-mirror takes the app from the Play Store.
Only thing related to me was that I asked them if they can add it, after seeing that it's missing compared to my other spare time apps.

There are plenty of closed-sourced apps on the Play Store that use root, whether optional or not.
Nova launcher can use root for locking the device. It has millions of downloads.
And it's by a single person as well (or very few people).