[App][4.1+][Be Simple]fooView (Float Viewer): Shapes & Customized [email protected]

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Dev, first and foremost this app is amazing. Is it possible to add menu button functionality, similar to the back button, for legacy apps that dont have the hamburger icon in the upper right corner and still need the menu key? If not I understand, the app is genius as is.
Thanks for the advice!
I will do some research on it.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Just one more thing. ..it seems like the app is interfering with screen off by proximity, maybe because of the way the little circle redraws itself after screen dims.

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app
By design the app would not have any impact on the screen off, any details about the case?

gluni

Feb 8, 2013
By design the app would not have any impact on the screen off, any details about the case?
I run gravity screen app to switch off my screen by proximity sensor when i close the lid of my phone. When your app is running the screen will not go off, immediately after uninstalling it, the problem is gone and comes back when i reinstall your app.
My guess is that it had to do with the fact that the little circle is redrawn when switching from app view to home screen or lock screen. But this is just a wild guess.
Even with the circle been hidden it is still visible in part. Maybe you could add or change a way to completely remove the circle or keep it from been redrawn?

Not sure how else i could describe it. Sorry.

Reactions: fvalpha

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
I run gravity screen app to switch off my screen by proximity sensor when i close the lid of my phone. When your app is running the screen will not go off, immediately after uninstalling it, the problem is gone and comes back when i reinstall your app.
My guess is that it had to do with the fact that the little circle is redrawn when switching from app view to home screen or lock screen. But this is just a wild guess.
Even with the circle been hidden it is still visible in part. Maybe you could add or change a way to completely remove the circle or keep it from been redrawn?

Not sure how else i could describe it. Sorry.

I will check if it's a bug. You can set not show on the lock screen from the settings to see if it works.

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Thanks for the great app. I have been using it for a while. There are some suggestions :
1. Make a on/off toggle switch to enable the floating button. If possible, make it as a shortcut, so we can one-tap toggle it on/off.
2. Expand the ability not just to search, but also to shortcut. Means after crop, add another button to access several predefined shortcut. What I mean is just like in GMD gesture, i can draw 'Q' at the screen, and it will access shortcut to open QRDroid scan using zapper engine. For Fooview, this will prompt for choices first, of the predefined shortcut that we have set in before.
3. Is it possible to hide the floating button from screenshot? I need to take some screenshot for documentation, and the floating button get captured as well. I need the screenshot to be as stock as possible (for report). Because there is no toggle on/off, then i need to freeze the app so it won't appear. Disabling per apps will be very painful, as i need to take screenshot across a lot of different app.
I hope this app will keep improving and beating even the one found in the flagship.

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
Thanks for the great app. I have been using it for a while. There are some suggestions :
1. Make a on/off toggle switch to enable the floating button. If possible, make it as a shortcut, so we can one-tap toggle it on/off.
2. Expand the ability not just to search, but also to shortcut. Means after crop, add another button to access several predefined shortcut. What I mean is just like in GMD gesture, i can draw 'Q' at the screen, and it will access shortcut to open QRDroid scan using zapper engine. For Fooview, this will prompt for choices first, of the predefined shortcut that we have set in before.
3. Is it possible to hide the floating button from screenshot? I need to take some screenshot for documentation, and the floating button get captured as well. I need the screenshot to be as stock as possible (for report). Because there is no toggle on/off, then i need to freeze the app so it won't appear. Disabling per apps will be very painful, as i need to take screenshot across a lot of different app.
I hope this app will keep improving and beating even the one found in the flagship.
Thanks for the advice!
Improvements will be made in the following versions.
To hide the icon, you you might use the hidelist and disable list from the settings, it can hide or be disabled in some/all apps.

Javs2010

Sep 20, 2010
You mean an app set as "hide" still appears in long press app switcher? May I have the app name to check it?
No I mean I have it set to where it stays hidden on all my apps so i can pull it open from the side but when I go to th the bubble still shows instead of being hidden

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

fvalpha

Dec 29, 2015
No I mean I have it set to where it stays hidden on all my apps so i can pull it open from the side but when I go to th the bubble still shows instead of being hidden

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
You have selected all apps, set to hide in the hide list from the settings, but the float icon still would popup on some apps? The case happens on every app or just some app?