[APP][4.1+] ★ Chat Helper for WhatsApp ★ [100,000+ Downloads]

Search This thread

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
100,000+ downloads on Google Play Store, woo hoo! Thank you everybody!

What's new in version BETA_5.5 (since BETA 3):

• Added support for latest WhatsApp version.
  • New UI & UX.
  • The unread count badge turns green when new message arrives, other times stays semi-transparent black.
  • Hide and Do Not Disturb mode added.
  • Widget auto refreshes if the list of messages glitches to empty.
  • The App now cooperates with the Android M's 'Screen Overlay Detected' issue.
  • Some eligible users may take surveys to remove Ads.
  • App now officially supports Android 7.0+.

Old Versions Change Log:

Update D: The BETA_3 version is up on Google Play.

What's New?
  • Visibility of 0 unread message badge is now fixed on startup.
  • Resizing the pop-up window now works accurately when there is a lot of unread messages.

Note: Your default keyboard may require to be checked in the Visibility list, otherwise, Chat Helper may hide temporarily as soon as the keyboard pops up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update C: The BETA_2 version is up on Google Play.

What's New?
  • Improvements in pop-up speed.
  • Smoother upgrade process.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MAJOR UPDATE: The first BETA version (BETA_1) of the App is now up in the attachments as well as on Google Play Store.

What's New?
  • The App's size is now reduced to around 500 KB.
  • Auto-Hide when you have no 'unread messages'.
  • Movable unread count badge.
  • Messages now open in a pop-up window.
  • The pop-up window can be resized, moved (and the configuration can be pinned/saved.)
  • Visibility list has now more options - select/deselect all, invert selection.
Note: Your default keyboard may require to be checked in the Visibility list, otherwise, Chat Helper may hide temporarily as soon as the keyboard pops up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Update B: The Alpha 3 version is up on Google Play as well as here in the attachments.

What's New?
  • BUG FIX: Earlier versions had a glitch, which made the widget appear on full screen videos but unclickable. It's now fixed!
  • NEW FEATURE: Now the widget will appear everywhere, you can control its visibility (checkout the 'Visibility' option in the App's Settings)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Update A: The Alpha 2 version is up on Google Play as well as here in the attachments. If you tried XDA Exclusive Alpha 1 version then you may skip Alpha 2 as it has no new feature addition. If you like the App, a rating on Google Play Store will be much appreciated!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
attachment.php

Hey everyone! I just created a new App, for now am limiting the App's release (Alpha 1) to the good old XDA folks.

It's a Chat Helper for WhatsApp.

The App embeds and shows a WhatsApp widget and displays it whenever you are on a chat with someone, the widget shows the count of unread messages you have and of course it keeps updating live. Clicking the widget will quickly display a screen full of unread messages for you peak through, from this screen you could quickly jump to any of your chat contacts/groups or hit the X to go back to your chat. If you switch to a new chat, you could go back to your previous chat by just hitting the back button. And all this will hopefully make you a better multitasker when it comes to chatting. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The App is tagged with an Alpha 1 version badge, I hope to upgrade that with your feedback coming through various devices. Also, I would like to emphasize that the App does NOT modify WhatsApp in anyway, just enjoy the enhanced experience with no worries of being banned. :)

Few Tips/Instructions for the App:

• The App needs a 2 step setup (3 if you are on Android Marshmallow), which you need to do only once and never have to visit the Settings again.
  • When the App prompts to provide permission to create widgets, please go for "Alway allow...", this will let the App automatically get the widgets ready and display at right time, right place.
  • If the unread count badge obstructs any of your view elements (may be when keyboard is on,) you can drag the badge vertically to a new place (but restricted to right side of the screen for now.)
  • If you open the unread messages window, always try to use the X at the top right corner for faster re-access.
  • If you click any chat in the unread messages window, it will take you to the respective chat. Once you're done interacting, press the back button to quickly go back to the previous chat.

DOWNLOAD:

attachment.php

Please leave your invaluable feedback in this thread if you try the App and don't forget to rate it on Google Play Store!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
reserved

Attachments

• Chat_Helper_Logo.png
    Chat_Helper_Logo.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 5,607
  • getonplaystore.png
    getonplaystore.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 5,502
  • QR_CODE.png
    QR_CODE.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 5,785
  • feature_graphic_new.jpg
    feature_graphic_new.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 5,590
  • Screenshot2_XDA.jpg
    Screenshot2_XDA.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5,768
  • Screenshot1_XDA.jpg
    Screenshot1_XDA.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 5,759
Last edited:
Reactions: neonkat

leongzxc

Oct 14, 2011
nice idea and thanks for making our lives easier!

but i would like to know the difference between this and the official whatsapp widget which also shows the amount of unread messages + preview of the text? :).

is it due to the minimal design and it appears everywhere as a floating widget?

Reactions: humkitumki

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009

but i would like to know the difference between this and the official whatsapp widget which also shows the amount of unread messages + preview of the text? :).

Thanks!

And yes, you're right. As described, it's about embedding and displaying the official widgets at the right time, right place and thus making 'our lives easier'. :)

Reactions: chincheang

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Guys so far things look good for an alpha version, I plan to release a more concrete version soon, let me know if you have any minor feature requests that I could add at the last minute.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Update A: The Alpha 2 version is up on Google Play as well as here in the attachments. If you tried XDA Exclusive Alpha 1 version then you may skip Alpha 2 as it has no new feature addition. If you like the App, a rating on Google Play Store will be much appreciated!

And a few illustrative screenshots:

attachment.php

Attachments

• unread_widget.jpg
    unread_widget.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 32,555
  • chsignature.png
    chsignature.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,901
Last edited:

Sarah_Kuhn

May 17, 2015
Work fine on S5 Lollipop. Great Work!

Moving the Widget to the left side, would be great.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Chat Helper for whatsapp

Hey there, Can you please tell me what is it all about? I have no idea what you are going to launch. Is it something which helps the whatsapp users?

Dan_Jacques

Nov 17, 2011
Santana-AP
I wanna to see some private settings to whatsapp... Like to hide online status (yep, my gf irritates me when I open whatsapp to see something and she assume I have to reply her lol). There is a possibility to do it?

zhlhs

Sep 4, 2015
POCO X4 Pro
Why does it appear on my game. It can't be click and anything under it can be click. It just there.

Screenshot : s1. postimg. org/tz0tkw4n3/Screenshot_2016_01_05_14_30_12.png

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Forums

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Hi,

I am using cloudyG2 3.3 on D802, and the app crashes.

How can I help?

More details please. It crashes when you enable it or elsewhere?

Work fine on S5 Lollipop. Great Work!

Moving the Widget to the left side, would be great.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Great to hear that! :)

:)

Hey there, Can you please tell me what is it all about? I have no idea what you are going to launch. Is it something which helps the whatsapp users?

It does help WhatsApp users, check out the latest version. (Alpha 3)

Working fine on AOKP 6 redmi 1s....awesome work!!!

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

Thanks! :)

Why does it appear on my game. It can't be click and anything under it can be click. It just there.

Screenshot : s1. postimg. org/tz0tkw4n3/Screenshot_2016_01_05_14_30_12.png

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Forums

Check out the post below ;)

Reactions: zhlhs

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Update B: The Alpha 3 version is up on Google Play as well as here in the attachments to the first post.

What's New?
BUG FIX: Earlier versions had a glitch, which made the widget appear on full screen videos but unclickable. It's now fixed!
NEW FEATURE: Now the widget will appear everywhere, you can control its visibility (checkout the 'Visibility' option in the App's Settings)

Reactions: zhlhs

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Okay, I have used the link that you have posted, thanks a lot. It really made my chatting experience easy!

SagiLo

May 22, 2008
Hi

Nice app !!! Really makes texting quicker...
Few suggestions I thought of :
1. Add an option to contact you via the app
2. Add an option to hide the window when there are no messages
3. Add an option to hide the window for a timed interval
4. Add an option to use a smaller window ?

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What's new in version BETA_5.5 (since BETA 3):

• New UI & UX.
    • The unread count badge turns green when new message arrives, other times stays semi-transparent black.
    • Some eligible users may take surveys to remove Ads.

Old Versions Change Log:

Update D: The BETA_3 version is up on Google Play.

What's New?
    • Visibility of 0 unread message badge is now fixed on startup.
    • Resizing the pop-up window now works accurately when there is a lot of unread messages.

Update C: The BETA_2 version is up on Google Play.

What's New?
    • Improvements in pop-up speed.
    • Smoother upgrade process.

MAJOR UPDATE: The first BETA version (BETA_1) of the App is now up in the attachments as well as on Google Play Store.

What's New?
    • The App's size is now reduced to around 500 KB.
    • Auto-Hide when you have no 'unread messages'.
    • Movable unread count badge.
    • Messages now open in a pop-up window.
    • The pop-up window can be resized, moved (and the configuration can be pinned/saved.)
    • Visibility list has now more options - select/deselect all, invert selection.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Update B: The Alpha 3 version is up on Google Play as well as here in the attachments.

What's New?
    • BUG FIX: Earlier versions had a glitch, which made the widget appear on full screen videos but unclickable. It's now fixed!
    • NEW FEATURE: Now the widget will appear everywhere, you can control its visibility (checkout the 'Visibility' option in the App's Settings)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    attachment.php

Hey everyone! I just created a new App, for now am limiting the App's release (Alpha 1) to the good old XDA folks.

It's a Chat Helper for WhatsApp.

The App embeds and shows a WhatsApp widget and displays it whenever you are on a chat with someone, the widget shows the count of unread messages you have and of course it keeps updating live. Clicking the widget will quickly display a screen full of unread messages for you peak through, from this screen you could quickly jump to any of your chat contacts/groups or hit the X to go back to your chat. If you switch to a new chat, you could go back to your previous chat by just hitting the back button. And all this will hopefully make you a better multitasker when it comes to chatting. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The App is tagged with an Alpha 1 version badge, I hope to upgrade that with your feedback coming through various devices. Also, I would like to emphasize that the App does NOT modify WhatsApp in anyway, just enjoy the enhanced experience with no worries of being banned. :)

Few Tips/Instructions for the App:

• The App needs a 2 step setup (3 if you are on Android Marshmallow), which you need to do only once and never have to visit the Settings again.
    • When the App prompts to provide permission to create widgets, please go for "Alway allow...", this will let the App automatically get the widgets ready and display at right time, right place.
    • If the unread count badge obstructs any of your view elements (may be when keyboard is on,) you can drag the badge vertically to a new place (but restricted to right side of the screen for now.)
    • If you open the unread messages window, always try to use the X at the top right corner for faster re-access.
    • If you click any chat in the unread messages window, it will take you to the respective chat. Once you're done interacting, press the back button to quickly go back to the previous chat.

DOWNLOAD:

attachment.php

Please leave your invaluable feedback in this thread if you try the App and don't forget to rate it on Google Play Store!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Just updated the screenshots in the first post.

Update time! :)

What's new in version BETA_5.3 (since BETA 3):

• New UI & UX.
    • A new way to support the development is added, you may now remove the Ads for free! :)

Get the latest version from Google Play Store or from the attachments to the first post.