• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.1+] Doze Battery Saver

Search This thread

domin0311

Nov 7, 2010
Carlow
bac.png

Doze battery saver extends your battery life and increase the performance of the device by hibernating apps when the screen is off.
Never have your device draining the battery over night while the screen is off.

With Doze Battery Saver you will loose just few per cent over night.

All apps background functionality will be disabled until you launch the app again.

Never hibernate the apps that such as alarms or instant messengers.

This app requires root.

If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact me. If the app crashes it will ask you to send me a crash
report. Please do so. Or write in this thread.

Download
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chomic.dozebatterysaver.

Changelog:

v1.0.3
- Added Widget to hibernate
- Ability to donate via in app purchase
- Various bug fixes and improvements

chrisrj28

Apr 26, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Doze battery saver extends your battery life and increase the performance of the device by hibernating apps when the screen is off.

All apps background functionality will be disabled until you launch the app again.

This app requires root.

If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact me. If the app crashes it will ask you to send me a crash

Download

Changelog:

v1.0.3

So I am assuming this app works like greenify?

domin0311

Nov 7, 2010
Carlow
I was Greenify user before as well but It started to drain my battery by trying to repeatedly hibernate apps. After some time I decided to write my own app and take a different approach to minimise the battery usage and CPU consumption. The background service doesn’t run all the time instead it wakes up once every few minutes to put the apps into hibernation state , if they are not already hibernated.

diglam

Sep 15, 2009
I was Greenify user before as well but It started to drain my battery by trying to repeatedly hibernate apps. After some time I decided to write my own app and take a different approach to minimise the battery usage and CPU consumption. The background service doesn’t run all the time instead it wakes up once every few minutes to put the apps into hibernation state , if they are not already hibernated.
I started to use your application, but it allways says "0 apps running". What does this mean? How can we be sure if this application working properly or not?
Thank you.

domin0311

Nov 7, 2010
Carlow
First of all you need to select apps that you want to hibernate. After you have done that you will see how many of those apps are running in the background. (thats what n apps running means)

diglam

Sep 15, 2009
First of all you need to select apps that you want to hibernate. After you have done that you will see how many of those apps are running in the background. (thats what n apps running means)

I know and did what you say but as I said before application still shows 0 apps running. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe a bug.
I added some apps to the list and run that apps. When I switch back or reopen Doze Battery Saver, it was still showing 0 apps running.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-12-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-12-27.png
    95 KB · Views: 213
  • Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-13-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-13-10.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-13-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-13-42.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-13-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-02-13-13-32.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 195

domin0311

Nov 7, 2010
Carlow
When you open Recents apps it doesn't mean that all displayed apps are actually running in the background. Could you open Chrome browser and go straight back to Doze Battery Saver to see if its running or not ?

diglam

Sep 15, 2009
Same.
I opened a webpage with slow 2G (edge) connection. While Chrome still trying to load webpage I back to Doze Battery Saver, it was still showing 0 apps running.
I tried also with Whatsapp, same.
Can it be related with SuperSu, although it grants root permission. I'm using SuperSU Free v2.49 and Doze Battery Saver v1.0.3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bac.png

This app requires root.

Download

Changelog:

v1.0.3