• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[APP][4.1+] Kiwi Browser? Chromium + Adblock + CAF + Night Mode 2020-04-17|Active

CraKenDK

Aug 4, 2008
Doesn't lastpass supports autofill??
---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

And which other browser? ;)
Lastpass does support autofill, but can not be added as an extension. But I still miss sync of bookmarks and tabs, which I use a lot.
What's a good alternative to this?
I use Yandex...until Kiwi can sync the above mentioned and install extensions ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 80s Baby

zilexa

Sep 14, 2010
Would it not be better to invest time in useful features and stability instead of icons that already clearly represent their function?

A way to keep passwords, bookmarks and history in a filesystem folder that one can keep in sync across (Android) devices using SyncThing or personal cloud solutions like NextCloud would be amazing.

You would not need integrate anything, just have the information (history, passwords, bookmarks) stored in a specific filesystem folder and watch it for changes. It's up to the user to choose his/her personal cloud/2-way sync service and configure it to sync that folder across devices.

Or, integrating support for Firefox sync and hosting your own ff sync server (no idea if this works): https://github.com/mozilla-services/syncserver
But that might be a bit too weird. Just shouting crazy ideas :)

kvevand63

Nov 28, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have problems when download file from google drive. Any ideas? For example download this https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kDBQq7FMIUThD-C1jWI2kjkF8hMYW7rl/view (it's youtube adaway).
But the same happpen with all google drive link.
The download dont start.
I just tested this out of curiosity. Could not download the link you provided via Kiwi but was able to via another browser (ADM). It is YouTube Adaway but the file is corrupt. I was able to download from my own Drive account via Kiwi with no problem.

Edit - sorry, forgot to mention this. In chrome flags see this: #disallow-unsafe-http-downloads. Perhaps this flag disallowed your download. I am fairly certain that it did due to the fact that I feel that the file which should be an APK downloaded as a 49.3k file which I deleted. The flag is set to default.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Freedom

CraKenDK

Aug 4, 2008
I still can't follow you, why you need that addon function, if the app supports androids autofill feature. In case kiwi doesn't need support for extensions in case to autofill the passwords on websites.
I've checked it with facebook as example, I got the notification that lastpass found credentials.

Or do you have an very old android version? ^^ :confused:
---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------
I have not setup Lastpass correctly. You are right Autofill works.
So if I should favor a feature, it should be sync of bookmarks :)

BTW: Kiwi is very god work :good: It is how Chrome should be, so :good: for a great work :)
Please still consider to make i open source, so e.g. I can contribute ;)

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone