• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][4.1+] Latest GoogleCamera 2.4.052 (Jun 2015) tweaked to run on JB 4.1+

Search This thread

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
Hello,

I was using lots of hacks/tools/knowledge out of these forums, but didn't have time to contribute back.

I guess, now is the time :). OK, I wanted to make photospheres on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7102) and I downloaded one of the leaked Cameras for JB 4.3 with the Photosphere support. Everything was good except the limitation of 4000x2000 pixels for the resulting photosphere.

I looked around and found that Google released their Camera on the Play Market. The only problem that their package requires KitKat and I'm running JB 4.3. So, I downloaded the APK, unpacked it with apktool, analysed it a bit (by looking into sources), and realised that the only thing missing is android.hardware.camera2 framework on which the new App relies a lot. This framework appeared in KitKat and surely was not available on my JB 4.3.

So, I needed to add the missing bits to the APK in such a way that it would be still a single installable package. Well, I downloaded an Android emulator with KitKat image, pulled framework.jar out of the system using adb, and processed it with apktool (extracted stuff). Lastly, I copied the whole android.hardware.camera2 tree from framework.jar to the GoogleCamera APK, repacked the APK back, and signed it.

The resulting APK works well on my GT-N7102. I was able to create a high-res photosphere, got blur working (never had it before :) ), got panorama working, and regular camera as well.

The only problem, however, is that if you record a video - once the file is saved the application will start crashing. I suspect that it will also crash if you have H.264 MP4 files in your media directory. So far I narrowed down the issue to Glide and/or thumbnail generation for the video files. But I will really appreciate it if somebody takes a look and help me to narrow it down further, so we could get a fully working Camera App.

UPDATE: I found the culprit - it was a bit of the "material design" embedded into the media viewer (so called elevation), I fixed the layout and now the whole package works exceptionally!

OK. Now, if you are interested, please find the modded APK at drive.google.com/file/d/0B38rMq5uUHl-UnNreWFLQ1hyWTA (sorry, my karma does not allow me to post proper links yet, so I'd appreciate it if a moderator updates the post with the proper https:// link here). Just remember not to record video (it's broken). And if you did: removing/renaming *.mp4 in the /sdcard/DCIM/Camera directory will fix the application.

UPDATE on 2015-06-27: Google released an update for their camera software and people were asking for an updated version. Here it comes: Google Camera 2.5.052 (JellyBean Edition).apk.

If you want to build one yourself or I am not around here is the session transcript on how I did it (The prerequisites are: apktool, keytool, jarsigner, dex2jar and a copy of the framework.jar package processed through dex2jar and unpacked in a directory [in my example it was the framework directory in the working directory]):
Code:
$ apktool decode -p framework com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
I: Using Apktool 2.0.0 on com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: framework/1.apk
I: Renamed manifest package found! Replacing com.google.android.GoogleCamera with com.android.camera2
I: Decoding file-resources...
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
I: Copying assets and libs...
I: Copying unknown files...
I: Copying original files...
$ mkdir com.google.android.GoogleCamera/smali/android/hardware
$ cp -a framework/smali/android/hardware/camera2 com.google.android.GoogleCamera/smali/android/hardware/
$ fgrep -lr elevation com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res
com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml
com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml
$ sed 's,\([[:space:]]\)android:elevation="[0-9.]*dip"[[:space:]]*,\1,g' com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml > com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml.patched
$ diff -u com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml{,.patched}
--- com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml	2015-06-27 14:36:21.000000000 +1000
+++ com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml.patched	2015-06-27 14:37:02.000000000 +1000
@@ -1,3 +1,3 @@
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
-<ImageView android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:elevation="10.0dip"
-  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />
\ No newline at end of file
+<ImageView android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
+  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />
$ sed 's,\([[:space:]]\)android:elevation="[0-9.]*dip"[[:space:]]*,\1,g' com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml > com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml.patched
$ diff -u com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml{,.patched}
--- com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml	2015-06-27 14:36:21.000000000 +1000
+++ com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml.patched	2015-06-27 14:37:36.000000000 +1000
@@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
-<FrameLayout android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:elevation="10.0dip"
+<FrameLayout android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
   xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
     <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/video_view" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
     <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/play_button" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_control_play" android:contentDescription="@string/video_control_play" />
-</FrameLayout>
+</FrameLayout>
$ sed "s,\(minSdkVersion:[[:space:]]*'\)19\('\),\116\2,g;s,\(targetSdkVersion:[[:space:]]*'\)21\('\),\116\2,g" com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml > com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml.patched
$ diff -u com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml{,.patched}
--- com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml	2015-06-27 14:36:24.000000000 +1000
+++ com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml.patched	2015-06-27 14:42:59.000000000 +1000
@@ -5,8 +5,8 @@
   ids:
 sdkInfo:
-  minSdkVersion: '19'
-  targetSdkVersion: '21'
+  minSdkVersion: '16'
+  targetSdkVersion: '16'
 packageInfo:
   forced-package-id: '127'
   rename-manifest-package: com.google.android.GoogleCamera
$ find com.google.android.GoogleCamera -type f -name '*.patched' -exec /bin/bash -c "F='{}'; mv -v \"\$F\" \"\${F%.patched}\"" \;
com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml.patched -> com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml
com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml.patched -> com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml
com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml.patched -> com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml
$ apktool build -p framework com.google.android.GoogleCamera
I: Using Apktool 2.0.0
I: Checking whether sources has changed...
I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
I: Copying libs...
I: Building apk file...
I: Copying unknown files/dir...
$ cd com.google.android.GoogleCamera/dist
$ ls -l com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
-rw-r--r--  1 galaxy  staff  22971563 27 Jun 14:59 com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
$ keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias CERT -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
Enter keystore password:
Re-enter new password:
What is your first and last name?
  [Unknown]:  (GalaxyMaster)
What is the name of your organizational unit?
  [Unknown]:  Android Reverse Engineering
What is the name of your organization?
  [Unknown]:  Demented $oftware Challengerz
What is the name of your City or Locality?
  [Unknown]:  Deep Space
What is the name of your State or Province?
  [Unknown]:  Quadrant 66
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
  [Unknown]:  XX
Is CN=(GalaxyMaster), OU=Android Reverse Engineering, O=Demented $oftware Challengerz, L=Deep Space, ST=Quadrant 66, C=XX correct?
  [no]:  yes

Generating 2,048 bit RSA key pair and self-signed certificate (SHA256withRSA) with a validity of 10,000 days
	for: CN=(GalaxyMaster), OU=Android Reverse Engineering, O=Demented $oftware Challengerz, L=Deep Space, ST=Quadrant 66, C=XX
Enter key password for <CERT>
	(RETURN if same as keystore password):
[Storing my-release-key.keystore]
$ jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk CERT
Enter Passphrase for keystore:
   adding: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
   adding: META-INF/CERT.SF
   adding: META-INF/CERT.RSA
  signing: AndroidManifest.xml
  signing: assets/wear-remote-shutter-wearable-app.apk
  signing: classes.dex
[skipped]
  signing: res/xml/wearable_description.xml
  signing: resources.arsc
  signing: .readme
jar signed.

Warning:
No -tsa or -tsacert is provided and this jar is not timestamped. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2042-11-12) or after any future revocation date.
-rw-r--r--  1 galaxy  staff  23070850 27 Jun 15:03 com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
$ mv com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk "Google Camera 2.5.052 (JellyBean Edition).apk"
$

Hope this would help somebody :)

Last edited:

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
I'd appreciate any feedback. Especially from people who use different devices. I've lowered the API requirement of the APK to 16, so it should run on any JellyBean system. Please try and report back. :)

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
I just noticed that I uploaded the updated APK into the wrong place and the link was still pointing to the original version (with the broken video recorder). I've re-uploaded the APK and the link now points to the proper version.

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
Well, seems everybody upgraded to KitKat and Lollipop :). Anyway, I've got some private reports that the camera works on multiple devices starting from JellyBean 4.2.2 and later. Since I'm kinda stuck with JB 4.3 I'll update this thread with new versions (once Google releases updates to their camera app) as long as I possess a JB 4.3 device.

A

AleSilve

I don't see the download link :(

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

U can find it at the end, unfortunately it's not blue

kios36

where?
What messy 1st post....

According to the first post, this is the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38rMq5uUHl-UnNreWFLQ1hyWTA

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Hello,

I was using lots of hacks/tools/knowledge out of these forums, but didn't have time to contribute back.

I guess, now is the time :). OK, I wanted to make photospheres on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7102) and I downloaded one of the leaked Cameras for JB 4.3 with the Photosphere support. Everything was good except the limitation of 4000x2000 pixels for the resulting photosphere.

I looked around and found that Google released their Camera on the Play Market. The only problem that their package requires KitKat and I'm running JB 4.3. So, I downloaded the APK, unpacked it with apktool, analysed it a bit (by looking into sources), and realised that the only thing missing is android.hardware.camera2 framework on which the new App relies a lot. This framework appeared in KitKat and surely was not available on my JB 4.3.

So, I needed to add the missing bits to the APK in such a way that it would be still a single installable package. Well, I downloaded an Android emulator with KitKat image, pulled framework.jar out of the system using adb, and processed it with apktool (extracted stuff). Lastly, I copied the whole android.hardware.camera2 tree from framework.jar to the GoogleCamera APK, repacked the APK back, and signed it.

The resulting APK works well on my GT-N7102. I was able to create a high-res photosphere, got blur working (never had it before :) ), got panorama working, and regular camera as well.

The only problem, however, is that if you record a video - once the file is saved the application will start crashing. I suspect that it will also crash if you have H.264 MP4 files in your media directory. So far I narrowed down the issue to Glide and/or thumbnail generation for the video files. But I will really appreciate it if somebody takes a look and help me to narrow it down further, so we could get a fully working Camera App.

UPDATE: I found the culprit - it was a bit of the "material design" embedded into the media viewer (so called elevation), I fixed the layout and now the whole package works exceptionally!

OK. Now, if you are interested, please find the modded APK at drive.google.com/file/d/0B38rMq5uUHl-UnNreWFLQ1hyWTA (sorry, my karma does not allow me to post proper links yet, so I'd appreciate it if a moderator updates the post with the proper https:// link here). Just remember not to record video (it's broken). And if you did: removing/renaming *.mp4 in the /sdcard/DCIM/Camera directory will fix the application.

Any chance that port 4.1.2

Reactions: Djuganight

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
Well, the forum rules prevent anyone with the number of post lesser than 10 to provide download links. I've asked moderators to make the link, but seems that they are too busy.

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
Any chance that port 4.1.2

Have you tried it first? Chances are that it may just work right away. The APK linked in the first post has its API requirements downgraded to 16 (which is Android 4.1). However, if the application truly requires any of 4.2 functionality, then some more work would be required. Unfortunately, I don't have any devices with 4.1, so I would be able to port it to 4.1 only with the support of someone who is willing to test the result.

Stalovy

Mar 9, 2015
Works great on S3 (GT-i9300) 4.3 - all options active, photospheres resolution is 6656x3328 (high) and 3584x1792 (low).

edt: 'high' settings of photosphere results the same resolution as 'normal' settings - idky... Hardware limits?

Last edited:

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
I haven't modified any logic inside the APK -- I just added the missing parts from KK (the camera2 framework), so I guess this is the way it was designed. Also, I got some reports that on non Samsung phones the APK also provides the HDR functionality (Samsung implemented HDR on their phones using their own proprietary libraries it seems).

Reactions: Monstrisity

NickSlade

Mar 17, 2015
I'd appreciate any feedback. Especially from people who use different devices. I've lowered the API requirement of the APK to 16, so it should run on any JellyBean system. Please try and report back. :)

Hi, thanks for your work on this, I managed to get the apk working on my Vivo Xshot running 4.3. I've tried other versions of the modded camera apk but it always fails to install except for this one. Photosphere works as well as panorama but I have an issue that when I tap on Video the camera zooms all the way in an there is no way to zoom out. Also, after tapping on Video if I want to go back to Photosphere or panorama the camera stays zoomed in and there is no way to zoom out.

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
Guys, I finally managed to hack up a CM12 version for my Note 2 (N7102), so I no longer run JB. However, Google just released an update to Google Camera app. I can cook up an update if anyone is interested, but the thing is I won't be able to properly test it. So it will be a blind shot. Is anyone interested in such an update?

Reactions: Nihal @A-JAX

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
Updated the first post with 2.5.052 version released on June 11, 2015. I've also provided a session log how to reproduce the result (in case you want to do it yourself). I've found a device running JB 4.3 and tested that all functions of the app were working on that device (Google added quite a lot to Panorama -- multiple modes on how you can take your panoramas now). No glitches were detected on JB 4.3 so far. You mileage may vary though :).

Last edited:

Vangelis SXP 4.3

Jul 12, 2015
Very nice, HDR missing (from Sony JB) but ok

Updated the first post with 2.5.052 version released on June 11, 2015. I've also provided a session log how to reproduce the result (in case you want to do it yourself). I've found a device running JB 4.3 and tested that all functions of the app were working on that device (Google added quite a lot to Panorama -- multiple modes on how you can take your panoramas now). No glitches were detected on JB 4.3 so far. You mileage may vary though :).

Thank you very much! It's the only apk I came across that really works on Android 4.3. I am currently using a Sony Xperia T (4.3) and the app works fine. The only thing that is missing is the HDR functionality which is not present at the modded app. Well, you can't have it all hehe

gm.outside

Dec 14, 2014
The only thing that is missing is the HDR functionality which is not present at the modded app. Well, you can't have it all hehe

The HDR functionality heavily relies on whether the vendor implemented it in line with Android guidelines or not. AFAIK, Samsung always re-invents the wheel and implements stuff like this in their own obscure ways. I won't be surprised if Sony did the same -- hence no HDR in that application.

I believe it's possible to hack that into the application, but I had no time to invest to implement something like that. Moreover, my goal was to downgrade the requirements of the application with minimal changes to the APK file (as you can see from the session log I've modified just 3 files and added the missing framework classes).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

UPDATE on 2015-06-27: Google released an update for their camera software and people were asking for an updated version. Here it comes: Google Camera 2.5.052 (JellyBean Edition).apk.

If you want to build one yourself or I am not around here is the session transcript on how I did it (The prerequisites are: apktool, keytool, jarsigner, dex2jar and a copy of the framework.jar package processed through dex2jar and unpacked in a directory [in my example it was the framework directory in the working directory]):
    Code:
    $ apktool decode -p framework com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0 on com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
    I: Loading resource table...
    I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
    I: Loading resource table from file: framework/1.apk
    I: Renamed manifest package found! Replacing com.google.android.GoogleCamera with com.android.camera2
    I: Decoding file-resources...
    I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
    I: Baksmaling classes.dex...
    I: Copying assets and libs...
    I: Copying unknown files...
    I: Copying original files...
    $ mkdir com.google.android.GoogleCamera/smali/android/hardware
    $ cp -a framework/smali/android/hardware/camera2 com.google.android.GoogleCamera/smali/android/hardware/
    $ fgrep -lr elevation com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res
    com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml
    com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml
    $ sed 's,\([[:space:]]\)android:elevation="[0-9.]*dip"[[:space:]]*,\1,g' com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml > com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml.patched
    $ diff -u com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml{,.patched}
    --- com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml	2015-06-27 14:36:21.000000000 +1000
    +++ com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml.patched	2015-06-27 14:37:02.000000000 +1000
    @@ -1,3 +1,3 @@
    -<ImageView android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:elevation="10.0dip"
    -  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />
    +<ImageView android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
    +  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" />
    $ sed 's,\([[:space:]]\)android:elevation="[0-9.]*dip"[[:space:]]*,\1,g' com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml > com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml.patched
    $ diff -u com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml{,.patched}
    --- com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml	2015-06-27 14:36:21.000000000 +1000
    +++ com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml.patched	2015-06-27 14:37:36.000000000 +1000
    @@ -1,6 +1,6 @@
    -<FrameLayout android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:elevation="10.0dip"
    +<FrameLayout android:background="@drawable/dummy_rect_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
       xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
         <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/video_view" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
         <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/play_button" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_control_play" android:contentDescription="@string/video_control_play" />
    -</FrameLayout>
    +</FrameLayout>
    $ sed "s,\(minSdkVersion:[[:space:]]*'\)19\('\),\116\2,g;s,\(targetSdkVersion:[[:space:]]*'\)21\('\),\116\2,g" com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml > com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml.patched
    $ diff -u com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml{,.patched}
    --- com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml	2015-06-27 14:36:24.000000000 +1000
    +++ com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml.patched	2015-06-27 14:42:59.000000000 +1000
    @@ -5,8 +5,8 @@
       ids:
     sdkInfo:
    -  minSdkVersion: '19'
    -  targetSdkVersion: '21'
    +  minSdkVersion: '16'
    +  targetSdkVersion: '16'
     packageInfo:
       forced-package-id: '127'
       rename-manifest-package: com.google.android.GoogleCamera
    $ find com.google.android.GoogleCamera -type f -name '*.patched' -exec /bin/bash -c "F='{}'; mv -v \"\$F\" \"\${F%.patched}\"" \;
    com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml.patched -> com.google.android.GoogleCamera/apktool.yml
    com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml.patched -> com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_image.xml
    com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml.patched -> com.google.android.GoogleCamera/res/layout/filmstrip_video.xml
    $ apktool build -p framework com.google.android.GoogleCamera
    I: Using Apktool 2.0.0
    I: Checking whether sources has changed...
    I: Smaling smali folder into classes.dex...
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    I: Copying libs...
    I: Building apk file...
    I: Copying unknown files/dir...
    $ cd com.google.android.GoogleCamera/dist
    -rw-r--r--  1 galaxy  staff  22971563 27 Jun 14:59 com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
    $ keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias CERT -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
    Enter keystore password:
    Re-enter new password:
    What is your first and last name?
      [Unknown]:  (GalaxyMaster)
    What is the name of your organizational unit?
      [Unknown]:  Android Reverse Engineering
    What is the name of your organization?
      [Unknown]:  Demented $oftware Challengerz
    What is the name of your City or Locality?
      [Unknown]:  Deep Space
    What is the name of your State or Province?
      [Unknown]:  Quadrant 66
    What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
      [Unknown]:  XX
    Is CN=(GalaxyMaster), OU=Android Reverse Engineering, O=Demented $oftware Challengerz, L=Deep Space, ST=Quadrant 66, C=XX correct?
      [no]:  yes

Generating 2,048 bit RSA key pair and self-signed certificate (SHA256withRSA) with a validity of 10,000 days
    	for: CN=(GalaxyMaster), OU=Android Reverse Engineering, O=Demented $oftware Challengerz, L=Deep Space, ST=Quadrant 66, C=XX
    Enter key password for <CERT>
    	(RETURN if same as keystore password):
    [Storing my-release-key.keystore]
    $ jarsigner -verbose -sigalg SHA1withRSA -digestalg SHA1 -keystore my-release-key.keystore com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk CERT
    Enter Passphrase for keystore:
       adding: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
       adding: META-INF/CERT.SF
       adding: META-INF/CERT.RSA
      signing: AndroidManifest.xml
      signing: assets/wear-remote-shutter-wearable-app.apk
      signing: classes.dex
    [skipped]
      signing: res/xml/wearable_description.xml
      signing: resources.arsc
      signing: .readme
    jar signed.

Warning:
    No -tsa or -tsacert is provided and this jar is not timestamped. Without a timestamp, users may not be able to validate this jar after the signer certificate's expiration date (2042-11-12) or after any future revocation date.
    -rw-r--r--  1 galaxy  staff  23070850 27 Jun 15:03 com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk
    $ mv com.google.android.GoogleCamera.apk "Google Camera 2.5.052 (JellyBean Edition).apk"
    $

Hope this would help somebody :)
    Well, seems everybody upgraded to KitKat and Lollipop :). Anyway, I've got some private reports that the camera works on multiple devices starting from JellyBean 4.2.2 and later. Since I'm kinda stuck with JB 4.3 I'll update this thread with new versions (once Google releases updates to their camera app) as long as I possess a JB 4.3 device.
    Works fine in a Huawei G535-L11 with android 4.3 jellybean
    I´ll keep trying and if there´s some bug, I´ll report u.
    Thanks
    Well, thanks. I'll look into this. The requirement of 6.0+ may mean that it would not be worth it to repack since there may be quite a few API they touched. Although I don't see any issues re: making an APK that would run on 4.1+ devices, chances are that the size of the APK will be unacceptable. I'll try to give it a try this week.