• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][4.1+] LB-Launcher - open sourced community launcher

Search This thread

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
I've made a completely open sourced launcher.
Currently it's based on the same "Launcher3" app of Google, and I'd like Android developers help me make it the best launcher out there, yet keep it open sourced and free for all.

Here's a sample of how it looks like (but you probably know how the launcher looks like anyway) :

demo.gif

I think people deserve the right to have such a thing. :)

Here's the GitHub project:
https://github.com/AndroidDeveloperLB/LB-Launcher

I've also described how I did it (and it was quite hard to do it).

Will publish it to the Play Store when I see enough interest in it.

Would you be happy to work on such an app?
What features would you like to see first?

As this is based on Google's code, I guess it would take me a very long time to understand how to implement things there (Google makes code very complex for me to understand), so I'd like to ask for anyone who can help with this.

In the future, I'd like to do the same for other Google apps, like the contacts app.

Attached an APK and a video showing the app (though you probably know how it looks like by now...) .

Attachments

• app-debug.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 540
  • demo.gif
    demo.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 808
Last edited:

HwaA18

Jul 21, 2012
Philadelphia
I personally would be interested. Currently I'm learning Java so when I'm finished, I would definitely be interested in helping to build the launcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've made a completely open sourced launcher.
    Currently it's based on the same "Launcher3" app of Google, and I'd like Android developers help me make it the best launcher out there, yet keep it open sourced and free for all.

Here's a sample of how it looks like (but you probably know how the launcher looks like anyway) :

demo.gif

I think people deserve the right to have such a thing. :)

Here's the GitHub project:
    https://github.com/AndroidDeveloperLB/LB-Launcher

I've also described how I did it (and it was quite hard to do it).

Will publish it to the Play Store when I see enough interest in it.

Would you be happy to work on such an app?
    What features would you like to see first?

As this is based on Google's code, I guess it would take me a very long time to understand how to implement things there (Google makes code very complex for me to understand), so I'd like to ask for anyone who can help with this.

In the future, I'd like to do the same for other Google apps, like the contacts app.

Attached an APK and a video showing the app (though you probably know how it looks like by now...) .