[APP][4.1+] Notif - Feb 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
So I won't be keeping up with this thread anymore... Easier just to do one.
New thread here

Hey guys, I hope everyone is enjoying their Nexus 4. I know I am! I just thought I would promote my app to users who recently purchased the N4.

It is an app for Jelly Bean that allows you to create rich notifications for your device. 4.1 introduced expandable notifications, which I'm sure you all know about already. Notif leverages that and blends your own content with rich notifications to create sort of a note/reminder/list app for your notification shade. There are four types of notifications you can create: default text, big text, big picture, and a list. See what you can do with Notif for yourself!

Notif requires Android 4.1 or above.
UCmKzKgDcwj_FmhYnYdBJu2jwzNesZplloa-xASb7jNFugRBR7ysS9Ktn9hqkvtLaw=w124

Notif
Notif Pro

Notif Pro features:
  • Notification editing
  • Over 200 icons!
  • Create notifications from other apps
  • QuickNotif - create/clear notifications from anywhere on your phone
  • Lots more to come

Right now, I am working on these fixes:
  • [x]Persistent notifications through reboot
  • [x]Landscape
  • Better resolution for camera images
  • Nexus 7 picture bug
  • Other sources for images (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)

-----Links-----

Notif changelog

Follow Notif on Twitter (main source for updates, info, etc.)
Add Notif to your G+ Circles
Like Notif on Facebook

----------Most recent changes----------
v 0.4.2

----------Added----------
Icon next to create button that lights up when you can create the notification
Can’t create notifications until some text is entered
New setting - choose whether or not keyboard comes up when app is opened
Icon buttons to clear list items when editing

------Fixed/changed-----
Reboot issues fixed and bugs squashed
v 0.4.1

Quick fix for picture force close in dark theme (Pro)
Quick fix for picture force close (free)

v 0.4

Text and list notifications restore after reboot
Galaxy S3 and Note 2 multi-window support
Priority option per notification
New preference - set default tab
Pro has 10 new icons; free has 4 new icons

------Fixed/changed-----
Slightly tweaked UI
Combined text tabs into one
Gear and duplicate icons color in dark theme fixed
Tripled numbered of auto-complete words

Attachments

• png.jpg
    png.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 4,202
  • 374950_157053824440331_513831076_n.jpg
    374950_157053824440331_513831076_n.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 3,948
  • Screenshot_2012-10-01-18-23-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-01-18-23-37.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 3,937
  • 22323_157053944440319_374176176_n.jpg
    22323_157053944440319_374176176_n.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,737
Last edited:

jameslfc5

Sep 27, 2009
This looks cool, any chance of making a check box or tick box for the reminder notifications? So that ones I've completed one I can tick it off?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Wow. Great idea. Can't wait til a couple of those bugs are resolved, mostly the reboot issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
I just released an update to the free version that includes a lot of fixes. You can see the full change log here as always. I even update it with what I'm currently working on. Consider buying Notif Pro as it includes all the good features. Happy holidays!!

MontAlbert

Jan 10, 2007
Just bought the paid app. Great app. Is there any way to put an alarm to a certain notif? Eg. I set myself a notif to recharge my prepaid mobile but need to set Al alarm to remind me later...

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
Just bought the paid app. Great app. Is there any way to put an alarm to a certain notif? Eg. I set myself a notif to recharge my prepaid mobile but need to set Al alarm to remind me later...

This is a highly requested feature and I'm definitely going to do it in the future. I have tons of ideas and I'm working on a few other things right now

Great work! Loving this app so far, bought Pro right away! Can't wait to spend some time with it and check out all the uses...right now I like being able to have a pull down picture of my kids :) Is there any reason to believe this will take up noticeable amounts of battery? I haven't had it long enough to tell...
Suggestion; Any way to choose any picture for the icon, such as other icon packs or just choose from gallery or file explorer?

Thanks, and again very nice work.

Reactions: ericcarboni

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
Great work! Loving this app so far, bought Pro right away! Can't wait to spend some time with it and check out all the uses...right now I like being able to have a pull down picture of my kids :) Is there any reason to believe this will take up noticeable amounts of battery? I haven't had it long enough to tell...
Suggestion; Any way to choose any picture for the icon, such as other icon packs or just choose from gallery or file explorer?

It shouldn't hurt the battery at all.

Right now the 20 icons in the free version and the 200 in Notif Pro are the only icons you can set. Maybe I'll add a feature to get an icon from the gallery in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

It shouldn't hurt the battery at all.

Right now the 20 icons in the free version and the 200 in Notif Pro are the only icons you can set. Maybe I'll add a feature to get an icon from the gallery in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the response. There has been NO noticeable battery drain whatsoever since I've been using it. The included icons are great, just a thought that being able to use icon packs from the play store or gallery images would be a really great feature!
Looking forward to an update to fix the reset on reboot...other than that still loving this app.

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
Thanks for the response. There has been NO noticeable battery drain whatsoever since I've been using it. The included icons are great, just a thought that being able to use icon packs from the play store or gallery images would be a really great feature!
Looking forward to an update to fix the reset on reboot...other than that still loving this app.

There's 200 icons in Notif Pro, and more coming :) Only 20 in the free version. I've been thinking of ways to allow other sources for the icons, but I've got other things I need to work on first.

The reboot fix is being worked on now. It works, I just need to fix any bugs and test it a lot before pushing out an update. Hopefully by next week!

Reactions: tgtoys

nexicon

Aug 2, 2011
Kansas CIty
Ya pretty please include reminders for the notifications asap as I take medication to live it would very helpful. Will buy once included! Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 4

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
Reactions: nexicon

Overdose1986

Jan 23, 2012
:good: Thanks this is exactly what my girlfriend needs to remind "the pill" every day at the same hour :victory:

ericcarboni

Feb 27, 2011
0.4 Update

The 0.4 update has been published and should be getting to devices in a few hours!

Notable changes include:
  • Text and list notifications will restore after reboot
  • GS3 and Note 2 multi-window support
  • Priority option per-notification
  • New preference to set a default tab
  • A few new icons
  • Combined text tabs into one

Full change log here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I won't be keeping up with this thread anymore... Easier just to do one.
    New thread here

Hey guys, I hope everyone is enjoying their Nexus 4. I know I am! I just thought I would promote my app to users who recently purchased the N4.

It is an app for Jelly Bean that allows you to create rich notifications for your device. 4.1 introduced expandable notifications, which I'm sure you all know about already. Notif leverages that and blends your own content with rich notifications to create sort of a note/reminder/list app for your notification shade. There are four types of notifications you can create: default text, big text, big picture, and a list. See what you can do with Notif for yourself!

Notif requires Android 4.1 or above.
    UCmKzKgDcwj_FmhYnYdBJu2jwzNesZplloa-xASb7jNFugRBR7ysS9Ktn9hqkvtLaw=w124

Notif
    Notif Pro

Notif Pro features:
    • Notification editing
    • Over 200 icons!
    • Create notifications from other apps
    • QuickNotif - create/clear notifications from anywhere on your phone
    • Lots more to come

Right now, I am working on these fixes:
    • [x]Persistent notifications through reboot
    • [x]Landscape
    • Better resolution for camera images
    • Nexus 7 picture bug
    • Other sources for images (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)

-----Links-----

Notif changelog

Follow Notif on Twitter (main source for updates, info, etc.)
    Add Notif to your G+ Circles
    Like Notif on Facebook

----------Most recent changes----------
    v 0.4.2

Icon next to create button that lights up when you can create the notification
    Can’t create notifications until some text is entered
    New setting - choose whether or not keyboard comes up when app is opened
    Icon buttons to clear list items when editing

------Fixed/changed-----
    Reboot issues fixed and bugs squashed
    v 0.4.1

Quick fix for picture force close in dark theme (Pro)
    Quick fix for picture force close (free)

v 0.4

Text and list notifications restore after reboot
    Galaxy S3 and Note 2 multi-window support
    Priority option per notification
    New preference - set default tab
    Pro has 10 new icons; free has 4 new icons

------Fixed/changed-----
    Slightly tweaked UI
    Combined text tabs into one
    Gear and duplicate icons color in dark theme fixed
    Tripled numbered of auto-complete words
    Re: [APP][4.1+] Notif - Jan 12

Version 0.4.2 has been released! Notable changes include the reboot issue being worked out completely! The full change log is here: http://goo.gl/3p4ZG, as always. There's a few other neat things in there.

Make sure to check it out, and consider your previous rating and review :)

I've just added this app to the Nexus 4 Complete Index :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Not sure if this is possible or not - but could you maybe add a feature where I could set the notification to appear on a certain day? (Pro feature maybe?)

Example: Monday I need a reminder to give a user access to something. It's not a timed event, and sure I could add it to my calendar - but it would be cool to just add it to Notif then on Monday have it show up instead of having it there on my notifications all weekend.

This is planned for the future, I just don't know when exactly : )