[APP][4.1+]Notification Weather[Nov 10][v1.0.x]

Search This thread

orbar

Oct 3, 2010
Hi Guys,

Notification Weather is an exceptionally stylish and easy to use app for always staying up to date with the weather forecast.

Notification Weather is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. In fact, Notification Weather requires 0 clicks to operate as it runs entirely in the background, thus minimizing impact on battery life or data usage. The forecast is placed directly in the notification dropdown and blends seamlessly with the operating system, leading you to believe it is part of the system.

Notification Weather is using Weather data from some of the best weather sources available including: Open Weather Map, Yahoo! weather, and Weather Bug.

Notification Weather Pro also supports AccuWeather and World Weather Online.

Pro Features:
- A refresh button and progress bar in notification that allows you to refresh the data manually
- Launch your app of choice by tapping the notification.
- 2 extra weather providers: AccuWeather and World Weather Online
- Option to get rid the small notification icon in the status bar
- Option to Swipe the notification to dismiss, until next update.
- Ability to switch between 12/24 hour time format.
- No Ads

Notification Weather Free

Notification Weather Pro

Themes
It's been asked multiple times so I went ahead and created the ability to theme the app. please go to Notification Weather Pro Theme to learn more

Translations
If you would like to help translate Notification Weather to you language, please feel free to help. Any help is appreciated.

Notification Weather now uses getLocalization.com to maintain translations. Please register at http://www.getlocalization.com/NotificationWeather , and help translate Notification Weather to your native language. You can request a new language too, just send me a PM.

Thanks for helping out!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,218
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1,126
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 980
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 877
  • image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 837
  • image9.jpg
    image9.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 854
  • image10.jpg
    image10.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:

xxproblemzxx

Dec 13, 2009
This is great. I agree with nyloncrack above, that there should be an option for just the current weather. And also, for the notification icon, it would be much more useful if you had the current temperature instead of that image of a sun. Great app though!

AragornPE

Dec 28, 2010
Recife
This is a beautifully made app, congratulations! Just a request, could you add other languages, like Brazilian Portuguese? If you need help with translation I can help you with that!

khouryrt

Feb 10, 2011
I'm working on adding more customization options

nice catch on the Celsius typo. new version should be up shortly

Another request, can you please let us choose the weather providers? I'd like to use yr.no instead of Yahoo. They have a MUCH more extensive list of cities, especially in small countries like mine. Yahoo only has the capital and about 2-3 cities.

In all cases, thanks A LOT. Just a few days ago I was asking on Twitter if someone knew a weather forecast app that made use of Jelly Bean's notifications. And now, you did it!

Last edited:
Reactions: LordManhattan

Apolyxon

Jul 23, 2011
A few additions:

1. Maybe add the option to have rain probability for today.
2. German "Umlaute", like ö, ä, ü will not display correctly.

Nice app all in all. I will try it out for a few days and then decide on keeping it or not =)

imp3r10

May 14, 2012
LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Just what I have been looking for.

For those that don't want 4day forecast, just two finger swipe up on the notification and it will shrink it.

The only suggestion I have: have an option to get rid of icon in status bar.

But looks great man, might I ask where you learned your coding? I would like to get into it.

FaberfoX

Mar 30, 2010
Looking great, congrats!
As far as I know, you can't get rid of the icon, so it'd be great to have the current temp on it (yes, it has to be an icon resource, so you'll have to generate icons for all possible temps... sucks, I know)

benthe

Dec 1, 2011
Would you consider sharing the source code? I'm interested in programming a somewhat similar permanent notification widget and really think this could help me out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

Notification Weather is an exceptionally stylish and easy to use app for always staying up to date with the weather forecast.

Notification Weather is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. In fact, Notification Weather requires 0 clicks to operate as it runs entirely in the background, thus minimizing impact on battery life or data usage. The forecast is placed directly in the notification dropdown and blends seamlessly with the operating system, leading you to believe it is part of the system.

Notification Weather is using Weather data from some of the best weather sources available including: Open Weather Map, Yahoo! weather, and Weather Bug.

Notification Weather Pro also supports AccuWeather and World Weather Online.

Pro Features:
    - A refresh button and progress bar in notification that allows you to refresh the data manually
    - Launch your app of choice by tapping the notification.
    - 2 extra weather providers: AccuWeather and World Weather Online
    - Option to get rid the small notification icon in the status bar
    - Option to Swipe the notification to dismiss, until next update.
    - Ability to switch between 12/24 hour time format.
    - No Ads

Notification Weather Free

Notification Weather Pro

Themes
    It's been asked multiple times so I went ahead and created the ability to theme the app. please go to Notification Weather Pro Theme to learn more

Translations
    If you would like to help translate Notification Weather to you language, please feel free to help. Any help is appreciated.

Notification Weather now uses getLocalization.com to maintain translations. Please register at http://www.getlocalization.com/NotificationWeather , and help translate Notification Weather to your native language. You can request a new language too, just send me a PM.

Thanks for helping out!
    Coming Soon.

It's not fully implemented yet but it's a start. still missing a color picker, the colors are currently hard coded but it shouldn't be to hard to add a color picker and wire it together.
    New Version is availiable

New Version

Version 0.3
    - Added option to display current temperature in notification bar instead of icon
    - Added option to change priority of notification
    - Added option to enable/disable 'Start at Boot'
    - Start at boot is now faster (15 seconds after boot)
    - various bug fixes
    Coming Soon.

It's not fully implemented yet but it's a start. still missing a color picker, the colors are currently hard coded but it shouldn't be to hard to add a color picker and wire it together.

New version with customizable colors and a color picker are now live in the playstore. there is no hex text field, but I put the selected hex value in the prefrences screen so you could get a feel for the selected value.

new version also includes wind direction option.
    proposed change

I made a little change to the layout to address the symmetry issue of the pro version. What do you guys think?

The top notification restores the symmetry of the free version of the app by moving the refresh button to the other side of the temperatures
    The bottom notification is the old way as it is in the store now.

the images are taken on a hdpi emulator and a xhdpi device