[APP][4.1+]PodAlarm - Your favourite audio app as your daily alarm

Search This thread

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
promo.jpg

A little side project I've been working on for myself, figured I'd share in case others want to use it :)

I like listening to podcasts to go to sleep & I'd much prefer to wake up to a podcast then an annoying alarm sound so I built PodAlarm to do just that.

It's intentionally simple - you set what audio app you want to use as the alarm, set the alarm time.. that's it.
It also has an option to make the alarm recurring along with the option to set specific days you want it to recur.

Note: It'll work with any audio app that supports bluetooth commands so it's not just limited to podcasts

Get it on the Play Store

All feedback is welcome - any issues let me know. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1513506783.png
    Screenshot_1513506783.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_1513506780.png
    Screenshot_1513506780.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_1513506766.png
    Screenshot_1513506766.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 127
  • Screenshot_1513506776.png
    Screenshot_1513506776.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
New build is up :D

Fixed a number of bugs including some visual issues & some issues with the recurring setting. Also stopped the default notification sound going off when the alarm is triggered :)

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
New build is up :)
- Fixed an issue with the time not sticking if the alarm is not set
- Fixed tapping the native android alarm time not launching the app

Evenpar62

Jan 23, 2018
I like the idea of getting up in the morning listening to my favourite podcast. Unfortunately I can't get it to run. The only way I found out was to start playing a song, pause it, set the alarm at 'PodAlarm' and go to sleep. At the alarm time the paused song starts playing again.

But I would like to listen to a freshly downloaded podcast in the morning. My podcast catcher (Pocket Cast) starts downloading a news feature at 5am automatically but they are not played at alarm at 7am.

Am I doing something wrong?

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
I like the idea of getting up in the morning listening to my favourite podcast. Unfortunately I can't get it to run. The only way I found out was to start playing a song, pause it, set the alarm at 'PodAlarm' and go to sleep. At the alarm time the paused song starts playing again.

But I would like to listen to a freshly downloaded podcast in the morning. My podcast catcher (Pocket Cast) starts downloading a news feature at 5am automatically but they are not played at alarm at 7am.

Am I doing something wrong?
Definitely not doing it wrong, pocket casts is also my podcast app of choose but as you've found it'll only start playing of there's something paused or something in the "up next" queue.. if there's a way to automatically add your new episodes to up next I think that'll work but essentially its a bit of trial & error - this app only sends the Play command to the apps, unfortunately it's down to them how they handle it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    promo.jpg

A little side project I've been working on for myself, figured I'd share in case others want to use it :)

I like listening to podcasts to go to sleep & I'd much prefer to wake up to a podcast then an annoying alarm sound so I built PodAlarm to do just that.

It's intentionally simple - you set what audio app you want to use as the alarm, set the alarm time.. that's it.
    It also has an option to make the alarm recurring along with the option to set specific days you want it to recur.

Note: It'll work with any audio app that supports bluetooth commands so it's not just limited to podcasts

Get it on the Play Store

All feedback is welcome - any issues let me know. Enjoy!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone