• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App][4.1+] Reactiv Dialer - Fast, lightweight, smart dialer with material design

Search This thread

Phat7

Oct 24, 2007
Fast, lightweight and multilingual T9 smart contact dialer, with beautiful material design. Reactiv Dialer is a perfect replacement for the stock phone dialer app on your Android phone. Feedback welcome, especially on performance. Thanks!

Key features:
• Small and lightweight
• Multilanguage support
• Fast smart contact search
• Search by name and phone number
• Beautiful material design
• Favorite contacts
• Quick redial
• Dark theme (plus)
• Customizable colors (plus)

Download: Reactiv Phone Dialer

Screenshots:
qaaGgTclRGGa3e4-VI3v6UErcDgS6Bw6tT7mmCeMmBreHmsDM6BJAvZDPJciloxAsis=h500
gV-SF6lJCxv6dZ8P5LWx14-OwwmVlzwsstBhrJiZY_utgBPH962oUUSwZAMgX3V65-I=h500

More screenshots:
HIlrRqj5VZgVvMlORYi0FJZpLDJ6YZ8uD8DjbBZahRbn2CzGvncgnzXIvDGv-VK__jTw=h500
pkxP7t4ZASboPlWLjNQkB7qk3j_ampN_VEmGOgqKF8ge7WkoiYUHaCCu25AfusYwL1Uo=h500
f94tIhweUg20wmD-mwhNDhA3zLaQQzPsbYeHwELEgFR_COkEXIHNKTOdOFYgw7E0M08=h500

Dec 3, 2008
The only thing stopping me from making it my daily driver (or should that be daily dialler?) is that the numbers without contacts appear blank.

I often find myself needing to call people who aren't in my contacts and then having to call back the same person a few hours later. I may not know exactly when I last called them, but I often recognise the number.

Otherwise, it has a nice, clean interface and is a great option for people who are stuck with a stock dialler that lacks features like T9.

Thanks

Reactions: BobbaLouie

VZulkit

Jun 28, 2014
Will it be able to run without the contacts and phone apk on a rom? Because that would be great.

Spiricore

Jan 5, 2011
Bend, OR
forum.xda-developers.com
Looking pretty sexy, but the mention of DPI funkyness (I use a custom DPI on my Galaxy S4 (380)) and no easy access to my Contacts is a dealbreaker. Should these two issues (if the DPI thing is even an issue) be addressed, I'd happily endorse the crap out of this. Regardless, excellent work!

Phat7

Oct 24, 2007
Looking pretty sexy, but the mention of DPI funkyness (I use a custom DPI on my Galaxy S4 (380)) and no easy access to my Contacts is a dealbreaker. Should these two issues (if the DPI thing is even an issue) be addressed, I'd happily endorse the crap out of this. Regardless, excellent work!

Thank you, Spiricore. I didn't quite understand, what do you mean by DPI funkyness?

Reactions: Spiricore

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
Thank you, Spiricore. I didn't quite understand, what do you mean by DPI funkyness?
let me try to answer that.

he was probably referring to the 2nd pic i posted here. the left half of that pic shows the stock dialer at the stock dpi of 480 on my device. the right half of that pic shows the stock dialer at a (custom) dpi of 380. what he & i wanna know is whether your dialer behaves so. or, does it scale properly at various custom dpi values?

please also state whether dual-sim support can be expected in your app (as shown in the first pic on the post referred to above). thanks.

Reactions: Spiricore
In the recent calls list all contacts with no picture assigned have a picture of a guy. Can you please fix this? I don't want to see a picture of some guy (even if it is you lol), literally anything else would be fine. There are no pics associated with these contacts for a reason. At least an option to disable the placeholder pic or swap it for a big "?" or something would be fine.

Other than that, I really dig this app! Searching using T9 is much smarter than my TouchWiz dialer! Bought the Plus version for the dark theme and I'm loving it!

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Also I just noticed that longpress 1 to call voicemail doesn't work for me.

Phat7

Oct 24, 2007

he was probably referring to the 2nd pic i posted here. the left half of that pic shows the stock dialer at the stock dpi of 480 on my device. the right half of that pic shows the stock dialer at a (custom) dpi of 380. what he & i wanna know is whether your dialer behaves so. or, does it scale properly at various custom dpi values?

please also state whether dual-sim support can be expected in your app (as shown in the first pic on the post referred to above). thanks.

Ok, got it. Reactiv Dialer should not have any problems with custom DPI. Its layouts are made to display normally on any phone density.

Dual sim functionality is not supported by Android. Phone manufacturers modify it themselves to add the functionality. So it is impossible to implement without having access to any documentation.

In the recent calls list all contacts with no picture assigned have a picture of a guy. Can you please fix this? I don't want to see a picture of some guy (even if it is you lol), literally anything else would be fine. There are no pics associated with these contacts for a reason. At least an option to disable the placeholder pic or swap it for a big "?" or something would be fine.

Other than that, I really dig this app! Searching using T9 is much smarter than my TouchWiz dialer! Bought the Plus version for the dark theme and I'm loving it!

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I will replace the picture of the guy with the first letter of the name of the contact. Also I will add displaying the name of the contact below.

Voicemail bug should be fixed in the upcoming update.

Thank you for liking the app!

Phat7

Oct 24, 2007
Version 2.1b released

Version 2.1b released:
• Display favorite names
• Display first letter of contact name for contacts without photo
• Voicemail dialling
• Added option to clear the call log
• Swipe up from bottom to show dialpad when hidden

Reactiv Phone Dialer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fast, lightweight and multilingual T9 smart contact dialer, with beautiful material design. Reactiv Dialer is a perfect replacement for the stock phone dialer app on your Android phone. Feedback welcome, especially on performance. Thanks!

Key features:
    • Small and lightweight
    • Multilanguage support
    • Fast smart contact search
    • Search by name and phone number
    • Beautiful material design
    • Favorite contacts
    • Quick redial
    • Dark theme (plus)
    • Customizable colors (plus)

Download: Reactiv Phone Dialer

Screenshots:
    qaaGgTclRGGa3e4-VI3v6UErcDgS6Bw6tT7mmCeMmBreHmsDM6BJAvZDPJciloxAsis=h500
    gV-SF6lJCxv6dZ8P5LWx14-OwwmVlzwsstBhrJiZY_utgBPH962oUUSwZAMgX3V65-I=h500

More screenshots:
    HIlrRqj5VZgVvMlORYi0FJZpLDJ6YZ8uD8DjbBZahRbn2CzGvncgnzXIvDGv-VK__jTw=h500
    pkxP7t4ZASboPlWLjNQkB7qk3j_ampN_VEmGOgqKF8ge7WkoiYUHaCCu25AfusYwL1Uo=h500
    f94tIhweUg20wmD-mwhNDhA3zLaQQzPsbYeHwELEgFR_COkEXIHNKTOdOFYgw7E0M08=h500
    Showstopper for me is no contacts list. All it has is 4 favorite contacts or the call log.

Unheard of for a dialer to not give access to the contacts.

Ok, got it. Reactiv Dialer should not have any problems with custom DPI. Its layouts are made to display normally on any phone density.

Dual sim functionality is not supported by Android. Phone manufacturers modify it themselves to add the functionality. So it is impossible to implement without having access to any documentation.

I will replace the picture of the guy with the first letter of the name of the contact. Also I will add displaying the name of the contact below.

Voicemail bug should be fixed in the upcoming update.

Thank you for liking the app!
    Hi, I'm missing an option in stock dialer's Recent calls(when the number is not in my contacts), for sending SMS directly, the only options there is Redial, IP dial and Details - right now I have to press on the name, chose Details then the 3 dots in upper right, then choose Edit number before dial, then the dialer comes up and I have to press the 3 dots there and choose Send SMS - really a drag to have to do it this way.

From contacts it's not a problem sending SMS directly.

So I'm looking for an App that works on 5.1 and can send SMS directly from recents calls/history.

Can your App do this? I can't see it on the screenshots or in the txt.