[APP][4.1+]Simple Mobile Tools

Search This thread

vinny24

Aug 27, 2013
Not supported in KitKat version of Android

Non of their apps compatible with KitKat version of android.

Can anyone suggest similar tools package supported with KitKat?

drshreenivaas

Oct 23, 2010
Kolhapur
Nice to see uon XDA, I just love Simple Gallery Pro & it has been my replacement app since Quick Pic fiasco. Thanks for wonderful apps

christ59520

Jan 27, 2015
Hello.
Would it be possible to make "Simple Gallery PRO" compatible for Android TV?
I tried to install it, it starts then quits.
Thank you.

christ59520

Jan 27, 2015
Hey, not sure, I dont really have a device for reproducing it. Does the free version work? Or any app from our suite?

Tested with the paid version (PRO version).
I have no other app from your suite.
A compatible version for Android TV would be welcome because there are very few good ones available on the play store.

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
T-Mobile LG G5
How can I get the paid Pro versions of these Simple mobile Tools by paying with PayPal? I do not trust paying through Google store. I am on LineageOS 14.1 (Nougat).

I see a PayPal donation link, but there is no info on if that gets me the Pro versions or how much to donate for each pro app.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I'm always surprised at the little action we see in this thread, considering how extremely popular this set of applications is.

IIRC there was a note somewhere, perhaps in one of the linked articled in the OP or in some post that discouraged bug reporting here. Also, the developer has not posted at XDA in over a year but has been quite active at github,

As to popularity, during decades spent in various OS I've rarely if ever seen a suite of programs/apps which could so completely become a users entire UI experience while each component maintains it's own identity therefor allowing choice about which is used or even present. Rare. Nice.

Humorous note: It is actually by the color of the Simple Gallery app icon (set by "Thank you") on the home screen that I know at a glance which of several similar devices is in hand. :)

Reactions: Ultramanoid

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
IIRC there was a note somewhere, perhaps in one of the linked articled in the OP or in some post that discouraged bug reporting here. Also, the developer has not posted at XDA in over a year but has been quite active at github,

As to popularity, during decades spent in various OS I've rarely if ever seen a suite of programs/apps which could so completely become a users entire UI experience while each component maintains it's own identity therefor allowing choice about which is used or even present. Rare. Nice.

Humorous note: It is actually by the color of the Simple Gallery app icon (set by "Thank you") on the home screen that I know at a glance which of several similar devices is in hand. :)

Phone incoming : https://teddit.net/r/SimpleMobileTools/comments/upobks/simple_phone_is_on_its_way/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cover_small.png

Hey people,

I want to introduce you a suite of Android apps I've created under the Simple Mobile Tools brand. As of writing this it contains 13 apps: App-launcher, Calculator, Calendar, Camera, Clock, Contacts, Draw, File-manager, Flashlight, Gallery, Music-Player, Notes, Thank You.

They are all open source, contain no internet access, no unexplainable permissions, no ads. That makes them perfect not only for the casual users, but also for the privacy concerned ones. They are available on f-droid too, sources are on Github. They contain customizable colors (including the app launcher color), dark theme is used by default.

I created them 2 years ago and by now they have roughly 6 million downloads together, so they are fine-tuned for the most part already, it isn't something fresh and rough that just came out of a school project. I'm actually working on them even more than full-time by now, so they can't just disappear or become abandoned. They are translated in up to 32 languages, translations are done by volunteers. The most popular app is the Gallery, the next ones are Calendar and Contacts.

Google keeps pushing developers to be more transparent with handling user data and they will also make their requirements more strict this year. App updates will have to target SDK 26 (Android Oreo) starting November 1 and while my apps are already doing that, it will cause a lot of troubles to other big players. Among many other things they will have to implement runtime permissions and not take every listed permission granted by installing the apps. That is one of the reasons why I think my apps have a tremendous potential.

Even though I have published app privacy policies as needed at Google Play, many people ask me what data do I collect. Well, since the apps are offline, I'm not collecting any data whatsoever. And since there are no ads, there are no marketing companies tracking you either.

The great benefit of using the apps isn't just the security, but also the consistent user experience, that I miss so much in Android. In my apps I'm reusing as much as I can. Not just actual functions, but also icons, actions, sometimes whole screens. Whenever possible, I'm using the Material icons provided by Google, so they should look familiar and you shouldn't be wondering what will happen once you press them.

Instead of typing out everything here, let me redirect you to my Medium article Why did I create Simple Mobile Tools.

I wrote an article about the first 2 years of my journey at Medium too, it is called 5 million downloads on 2nd anniversary. What now?

In case you want to read some user feedback, a Reddit article has been written too by a user (I'm not involved in that at all).

There are many new features/bugs/improvements/apps on the roadmap and while I already have around 20k installs a day, the best is yet to come!

Stay tuned,
    Thanks!
    ( First ? )

Good to see you on XDA, indeed.

Thank you for keeping your software clean, with no analytics, no tracking, no data mining, and also for the enormous amount of work over the years. ( Been following on GitHub for a while. )

(っ´▽`)っ

Ye improving those is on the roadmap, stay tuned :)
    displaying smaller images in real size might be added in the future, not yet sure when though
    Hey, some of those things have already been fixed, but you will have to get the Pro version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro . Im working on rotating with gestures already, it just isnt that simple. Im getting there step by step, some initial implementation might be added in 6.5.0 released soon.