[APP] [4.1+] [UNOFFICIAL] APKMirror web app

majikfox

Oct 25, 2010
So basically it's just a webview frame inside an app.

Why would anyone use this instead of just opening the web page in their browser?

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Do not quote the whole OP.
Yes, it is, it is clearly stated in the topic title and also in OP.
If you don't like it, don't use it, no one forces you to use it...
Ah yes, targeting the opponent rather than the argument.

The only thing left to do when there's no valid response.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
(.apkm)s and not (.apk)s from apkmirror

....this app still works on Android 10 (Android Q).... Easy access and overall better display than the small mobile web browser.....
apkmirror website now provides (.apkm)s and not (.apk)s, from what i have seen discussed elsewhere. it is also mentioned there that with this app, you can download stuff as (.apk)s. is this true? if so, has anyone had success installing such (.apk)s with the default package installer in the rom? or, do we have to use the proprietary apkmirror app for that? hope @vojta_horanek would also chip in with his comments.

SHãdøw

Nov 8, 2016
Thiruvananthapuram
apkmirror website now provides (.apkm)s and not (.apk)s, from what i have seen discussed elsewhere. it is also mentioned there that with this app, you can download stuff as (.apk)s. is this true? if so, has anyone had success installing such (.apk)s with the default package installer in the rom? or, do we have to use the proprietary apkmirror app for that? hope @vojta_horanek would also chip in with his comments.
Hi,
According to my knowledge this app just provides a easy access to the apkmirror website directly. So the apps you download is in no way related to this app istead it is directly related to apkmirror website. ie. If the website is hosting a particular app as .apk you can download it as apk file but if the particular app is hosted as .apkm this app will not convert it to apk. (Reff: attachment this app has both apk and apkm versions available at the website)

You can use the official apkmirror app from playstore to install the apkm file and can't use the app to access the website or download apk/apkm.

Attachments

Reactions: Obethans and m0han

argha_galaxy

Nov 30, 2014
So I made an APKMirror app. I couldn't find any app for this website so I thought I will make it myself.
Its just a simple webapp with bottom bar and other additional cool features.

•••Info about app update tracking•••
I saw a lot of requests for app update tracking feature. Although it is possible, its very difficult to do. Apkmirror doesn't have any public API so I would have to do it with HTML parsing and in this case it's pretty difficult.If anyone wants to help me just send me a PM.
Thanks.

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
APKMirror, App for all devices (see above for details)

Source Code:https://github.com/vojta-horanek/APKMirror

Version Information

Created 2016-08-29
Last Updated 2017-09-30
Superb concept. I just download it yesterday & the app got an update in Fdroid after 1 year
Wow! Enable dark mode. That's basic in all apps now a days.