[APP][4.2+] Corgi for Feedly - Material Design RSS lock screen

Search This thread

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
attachment.php

Corgi is a one of a kind lock screen replacement. It transforms your standard lock in to a Feedly (RSS) reader. It’s a full app experience right when you turn ON the screen. All of this is made in a beautiful Material Design.

How it works?

Once the phone has started, you’ll see latest headlines from your favorite resources. You are still a single gesture away from unlocking your phone. But if you have a minute or two, Corgi is right here, waiting for you with the latest articles from the web. If you saw an intriguing headline, just swipe up and enjoy the article. Browse more stories by swiping to the left, it is that simple.

Corgi is made for Feedly

To make this all come true, we have partnered with the best news aggregator out there. Feedly is fast, reliable. But most importantly, thanks to the Feedly v3 Engine, it let’s you get news from anywhere. Starting with big news resources as The Verge, TechCrunch, XDA-Developers going to more local ones like Boston Business News. Allowing you to read the news, you actually care of. Note: if you are already using Feedly, you don't need to subscribe again.

attachment.php

Why Corgi?
If a dog is men best friend. Then corgi is the most adorable friend. We want to bring that positive mood right to your lock screen. :D

Screenshots
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Download Link

Play Store Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swipe.android

Latest .APK version 0.10.10 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3319030&stc=1&d=1431947060

Older Versions - 0.10.5 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3225247&stc=1&d=1427126507
0.10.3 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3203211&stc=1&d=1425976558
0.10.1 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3193984&stc=1&d=1425976558

Note!

This is a preview of the application. It is still missing many of the options in settings as well as on screen notifications. Please tell us what you think of the idea and design of this app. Please share your issues so we can fix them ASAP!

Changelog

- Fixed Alarm and Call overlapping
- Fixed memory leaks
- Won't crash any more
- Added Notification support

Attachments

• CorgiBanner.png
    CorgiBanner.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 30,997
  • Corgi_release_0_10_1.apk
    15.2 MB · Views: 2,637
  • MotoG.png
    MotoG.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 25,379
  • MotoG2.png
    MotoG2.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 25,341
  • MotoG3.png
    MotoG3.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 37,603
  • CorgiIcon.png
    CorgiIcon.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 49,041
  • Corgi_release_0_10_3.apk
    15.2 MB · Views: 151
  • Corgi_release_0_10_5.apk
    15.2 MB · Views: 197
  • Corgi_release_0_10_10.apk
    14.7 MB · Views: 776
Last edited:

Andrew Cooper

Mar 4, 2015
Corgi

Lock is awesome! I realy liked.
Notice: I have samsung s3. Alarm under lock screen and I need to make an unlock. Pls fix it. Thank you!!

Crime_Monkey

Mar 5, 2014
Cool App!
Although one thing that bugs me: After a reboot, the screen is black and only after I pulled down the status bar and clicked on something, the PINCode Pattern appears.

Reactions: Andrew Cooper

darKpoiSonend

Jul 24, 2011
awesome!! I really like it. This is the type of lockscreen I looked for a long time

One thing that buggs me is, if I swipe to the right, it dismisses the last article so that I can't get back to it.

Also it would be nice to have an animation to the pattern lock. instead of it just popping up

**EDIT**
Also it would be nice to include Notifications or space for a widget (to use external notification widget-apps)

Last edited:

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
awesome!! I really like it. This is the type of lockscreen I looked for a long time

One thing that buggs me is, if I swipe to the right, it dismisses the last article so that I can't get back to it.

Also it would be nice to have an animation to the pattern lock. instead of it just popping up

**EDIT**
Also it would be nice to include Notifications or space for a widget (to use external notification widget-apps)

I'm glad you like it. To go back, press the "+" button and the press "back". We still have not added it to the guide so it's a bit complicated.
And yes, there will be the animation for the lock screen, in the next update I hope!

JonnyZaggi

Oct 5, 2009
this will be an amazing app.

Just gave it a quick try: and I love it. It's a little bit laggy on my z2 but I'm sure that will be fixed in future version. Keep the good work up and I'll buy it when iits ready!

Reactions: Stan.Dmitriev

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
Just gave it a quick try: and I love it. It's a little bit laggy on my z2 but I'm sure that will be fixed in future version. Keep the good work up and I'll buy it when iits ready!

I'm glad you like it. It is a bit laggy on some devices, and it's weird. Trying to figure it out. The funny thing that it's not hardware related issue, maybe kernel or ROM settings. Since it's buttery smooth on my Moto G 2013

wadken1

Oct 31, 2010
Very nice app. Produces pretty lockscreens. BUT it prevents Daydreams working in CM12 and I don't want the distraction of attractive news feeds facing me when I'm using the phone in my desk dock.

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
Very nice app. Produces pretty lockscreens. BUT it prevents Daydreams working in CM12 and I don't want the distraction of attractive news feeds facing me when I'm using the phone in my desk dock.
Is daydream a part of your standard lock screen? Also, have you tried AcDisplay app? As far as I know Corgi works ok with AcDisplay. I'll take a look if this can be fixed though!

MissChanandlerBong

Mar 6, 2015
The potential is big with this one.

Hi there!

You've piqued my interest for this app so much that I decided to sign up on XDA and post here, even though I've been using it for almost 5 years. Please continue development and make this even more awesome.

A Bug report:

Phone: Oneplus One
ROM: Euphoria ROM by Mahdi (CM12 base)
DPI: 408

I faced a critical bug somehow while running this app.
After I installed the app, everything ran smoothly until this error started showing up every two seconds.

Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped

(I looked into this error on the internet and the most common reason seemed to be due to a problem with Contacts. But as this error popped up just minutes after I installed this app, I thought otherwise.)

Whatever I tried, it went in vain. I tried rebooting the phone, clearing the data and cache for this app and all that. Zilch. The issue vanished, though, the second I uninstalled this app. No offense but I think there is a possibility that it might have something to do with your app. If I'm wrong, I'm all ears. I'm not very well versed in anything here.

Things I loved:
  • The animations
  • The way the app opened up a temp browser to display the entire content
  • The clean interface

Things that can be improved:
  • Lock pattern integration (Animation and more options)
  • The ability to show the Navigation bar translucently instead of going immersive. This is frustrating a little as when ever I pull down the status bar, the nav bar comes up as well causing the lockscreen to seemingly stutter to accommodate the change. I hope you get this.
  • The color filter that you superimpose over the article while turning the screen on is nice, but can get rather striking at times. I think it would be better if the colors were a little subdued and if the images had a factor of blurriness in them to make the items like Date and Time on the lockscreen more legible.
  • An option to view the newsfeed as a stream of news articles by swiping up and down.
  • I see that there is a default image that you use for articles that do not have one? I request you to use a nicer one ;) Because I see a busy street somewhere in Asia as the default pic and it isn't doing justice to the good aesthetics of this app :)

Thanks a ton for this app. If some of the issues here and there are ironed out, I don't see why it wouldn't become my daily driver!

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan.Dmitriev

Stan.Dmitriev

Jun 12, 2014
Hi there!

You've piqued my interest for this app so much that I decided to sign up on XDA and post here, even though I've been using it for almost 5 years. Please continue development and make this even more awesome.

A Bug report:

Phone: Oneplus One
ROM: Euphoria ROM by Mahdi (CM12 base)
DPI: 408

I faced a critical bug somehow while running this app.
After I installed the app, everything ran smoothly until this error started showing up every two seconds.

(I looked into this error on the internet and the most common reason seemed to be due to a problem with Contacts. But as this error popped up just minutes after I installed this app, I thought otherwise.)

Whatever I tried, it went in vain. I tried rebooting the phone, clearing the data and cache for this app and all that. Zilch. The issue vanished, though, the second I uninstalled this app. No offense but I think there is a possibility that it might have something to do with your app. If I'm wrong, I'm all ears. I'm not very well versed in anything here.

Things I loved:
  • The animations
  • The way the app opened up a temp browser to display the entire content
  • The clean interface

Things that can be improved:
  • Lock pattern integration (Animation and more options)
  • The ability to show the Navigation bar translucently instead of going immersive. This is frustrating a little as when ever I pull down the status bar, the nav bar comes up as well causing the lockscreen to seemingly stutter to accommodate the change. I hope you get this.
  • The color filter that you superimpose over the article while turning the screen on is nice, but can get rather striking at times. I think it would be better if the colors were a little subdued and if the images had a factor of blurriness in them to make the items like Date and Time on the lockscreen more legible.
  • An option to view the newsfeed as a stream of news articles by swiping up and down.

Thanks a ton for this app. If some of the issues here and there are ironed out, I don't see why it wouldn't become my daily driver!

Firstly, thank you for you feedback! It's great to see that the app made you interested. Concerning your bug, we will take a look at it. If you could send us a log, that would be great. To do so, after the crash go to the Corgi app, swipe right and press "Leave Feedback". When you send it, it will attach a log, this helps us to trace crashes etc.

Concerning your feedback. The immersive more, color filter, lock patter animations, will be there once we have menu settings fully ready. We just need some more time. News feed as a stream is something bothering our minds for a while now. We will have it, but not soon. There are some ideas, but we have to rewrite the whole app for that ;)

kimusan

Dec 5, 2006
notifications?

Is there any plans for showing notifications on top of the news items ?

wadken1

Oct 31, 2010
Is daydream a part of your standard lock screen? Also, have you tried AcDisplay app? As far as I know Corgi works ok with AcDisplay. I'll take a look if this can be fixed though!

daydream is baked-in feature of CyanogenMOd based roms (not sure if it's the AOSP source). It simply initiates one of a number of pre-set functions when plugged-in, docked or both, after a given unused elapsed time.

I've never used AcDisplay - never needed to as Daydream normally works fine. I'm not keen on installing additional apps to bring back functionality lost or inhibited by others - that way you just clog you system up with more and more useless code.

I will certainly drop back and see if this issue gets fixed though as I do like your app

Cheers

enaybee

Oct 28, 2008
Not Too Far
Yes there are, hopefully we will have it next week already ;)

First of all thank you. This is a beautiful app that truly defines how beautiful an app can be following material design guidelines. I hope to see more features in it soon. so far so good. Animations are smooth and nice. Layout is excellent. Color layers are gorgeous.

Now after using this app for a couple of hours here are a few things that could be improved.

- When I turn the screen ON my notification drop down panel is extended. I have to swipe up to make it go away and look at the news articles on lock screen. Reading your comment above [quoted] doesn't seem like its intended behavior.
- Reading an article by swiping up on lock screen or moving to another article by swiping left doesn't mark that article as "read". Which means that if I go back to Feedly, all articles I have scrolled past on Corgi are still there. It would be better if this functionality can be added.
- Lock screen runs in "immersive mode". Which means if I swipe up from the bottom of screen I can make the navigation bar to show. However one I make it appear and click on any navigation key it sticks to the screen and doesn't go away.

Feature Request:

I have a lot of feeds coming into Feedly. Is it possible to "pin" a single feed or multiple to show on lock screen instead of all feeds? Plus if the order of feeds could be re-arranged inside Corgi would be really nice to have feature.

Device Info: Oneplus One
Rom: Tuga Power (CM12) vs 55
DPI: 500 (on this DPI this lockscreen is absolutely beautiful and smooth).

Once again, great work and keep the updates coming.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Corgi is a one of a kind lock screen replacement. It transforms your standard lock in to a Feedly (RSS) reader. It’s a full app experience right when you turn ON the screen. All of this is made in a beautiful Material Design.

How it works?

Once the phone has started, you’ll see latest headlines from your favorite resources. You are still a single gesture away from unlocking your phone. But if you have a minute or two, Corgi is right here, waiting for you with the latest articles from the web. If you saw an intriguing headline, just swipe up and enjoy the article. Browse more stories by swiping to the left, it is that simple.

Corgi is made for Feedly

To make this all come true, we have partnered with the best news aggregator out there. Feedly is fast, reliable. But most importantly, thanks to the Feedly v3 Engine, it let’s you get news from anywhere. Starting with big news resources as The Verge, TechCrunch, XDA-Developers going to more local ones like Boston Business News. Allowing you to read the news, you actually care of. Note: if you are already using Feedly, you don't need to subscribe again.

attachment.php

Why Corgi?
    If a dog is men best friend. Then corgi is the most adorable friend. We want to bring that positive mood right to your lock screen. :D

Screenshots
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Download Link

Play Store Link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.swipe.android

Latest .APK version 0.10.10 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3319030&stc=1&d=1431947060

Older Versions - 0.10.5 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3225247&stc=1&d=1427126507
    0.10.3 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3203211&stc=1&d=1425976558
    0.10.1 - http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3193984&stc=1&d=1425976558

Note!

This is a preview of the application. It is still missing many of the options in settings as well as on screen notifications. Please tell us what you think of the idea and design of this app. Please share your issues so we can fix them ASAP!

Changelog

- Fixed Alarm and Call overlapping
    - Fixed memory leaks
    - Won't crash any more
    - Added Notification support
    i like the icon and ui

i have not time to read all my fav sources. but with corgi it's easy. i enjoy my fave cartoons and pictures from 9gag and 500x

simply beauty keep it up! :good:
    nice app!

flat design, fast and nice.
    Looks beautiful, will give it a try! :)
    Lock is awesome! I realy liked.
    Notice: I have samsung s3. Alarm under lock screen and I need to make an unlock. Pls fix it. Thank you!!

That's is strange, it's related to the fact that Samsung has it's own alarm, it is not that easy to tract that event. But we will do our best to solve this.