[APP][4.2+] Dashclock Whatsapp Notifications Extension! 1.1.4 [05/05/2013]

Search This thread
A

aditiatobby

I cant download the attachment. can someone give me a new link?

sorry for my bad english

seafood99

Feb 3, 2014
Sorry to bump this thread, but the extension works fine but i have one 'problem':

when i receive a whatsapp notification the screen wont wake up, how can i change this?

LunaticoCR

Nov 27, 2013
It's working fine here on Nexus 5 4.4.2. It took me a while to find this... why is it not on Play?

panecondoin

Seems I'm to late to the thread but one has to try :D

Great extension. The other one isn't available on Playstore anymore and was not working to begin with.
This one works but the count is off. Anyone with a tip on how to change that?
Im on a 4.4.2 custom ROM (XenonHD) at the moment
Edit :
Found the answer to my question. The extension resets read count when accessed on lockscreen, not home screen. This is due to Whatsapp not providing API for extensions, according to some people here in the thread.

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Seems I'm to late to the thread but one has to try :D

Great extension. The other one isn't available on Playstore anymore and was not working to begin with.
This one works but the count is off. Anyone with a tip on how to change that?
Im on a 4.4.2 custom ROM (XenonHD) at the moment
Edit :
Found the answer to my question. The extension resets read count when accessed on lockscreen, not home screen. This is due to Whatsapp not providing API for extensions, according to some people here in the thread.
could you explain the differences in notifications especially whatsapp ,alarm and weather?In one screenshot it's below the clock and in the other one it's next to the lock and shows the notification count next to whatsapp icon,how can i achieve the 2nd look using the dashclockwidget and whatsappextentsion?Thank you

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach.../3/8/1/0/5/Screenshot_2013-02-17-18-48-39.jpg

http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach.../4/4/2/5/5/Screenshot_2013-02-19-23-22-21.jpg

revonomics

Jul 29, 2010
Will this work on touchwiz

Hi will this work on touchwiz...im rooted on phoenix rom. and its doesnt show up on my lockscreen

Hi guys!
I'm developing an extension for Dashclock app (You can download it from the Play Store)
The extension will show unread messages from Whatsapp.
IT'S A BETA, so there may be bugs.

There's already a similar extension on the Play Store that I tried but it has not real-time notifications: you have to lock and un lock your screen to view unread messages from whatsapp. Mine has real time notifications! :D

You can freely download and install the extension and report bugs and suggestions in this forum.

ONLY FOR ANDROID 4.2+!!

INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Download the extension on you smartphone
  2. Install the extension
  3. Activate accessibility service from Accessibility item in Android Settings
  4. Add the extension from Dashclock Settings

Let's have a try ;)

Changelog 1.1.4
  • Added Spanish translation. (Thanks to brusapa)

Changelog 1.1.3
  • Now shows full contact name rather than only last part of the contact id!

Changelog 1.1.2
  • Avoid collecting and then showing notifications on the lock screen when screen is on and phone is unlocked

22/03/2013
  • Fixed a bug that broke the Google Now hotword. (Thanks to catchem99 for reporting the bug)
  • Fixed crashes with Tweakers.net app. (Thanks to Baswazz and MrMagic for reporting the bug)

19/03/2013
  • Fixed some random crashes

16/03/2013
  • Added turkish translation (Thanks to abdullahazad)

24/02/2013
  • Changed extension icon. Now the phone is centered as some of you requested! :p

Changelog 1.1.1
  • Modified senders list from "Message from Buddy1, Message from Buddy2" to "Message from: Buddy1, Buddy2"
  • Updated translations strings
  • Minor fixes

Changelog 1.1
  • Added preference: Turn on screen when receveing notification
  • Now shows more than one "Message from..." if there are many senders
  • Added Italian translation

18/02/2013
  • Added German translation (thanks to mkl23)
  • Corrected a bug that caused crash soon after installing or booting the phone.

The strings.zip contains string.xml file. If you wants to add translation you're welcome. Thanks!

drbitzer

Jan 26, 2011
No more support

Sorry guys...I won't update this extension and this thread anymore.
There are other similar extensions on the play store more updated than mine :)

If anyone of you wants the source code I will be glad to give it to you.

Closed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!
    I'm developing an extension for Dashclock app (You can download it from the Play Store)
    The extension will show unread messages from Whatsapp.
    IT'S A BETA, so there may be bugs.

There's already a similar extension on the Play Store that I tried but it has not real-time notifications: you have to lock and un lock your screen to view unread messages from whatsapp. Mine has real time notifications! :D

You can freely download and install the extension and report bugs and suggestions in this forum.

ONLY FOR ANDROID 4.2+!!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Download the extension on you smartphone
    2. Install the extension
    3. Activate accessibility service from Accessibility item in Android Settings
    4. Add the extension from Dashclock Settings

Let's have a try ;)

UPDATE 23/03/2014
    Sorry guys...I won't update this extension and this thread anymore.
    There are other similar extensions on the play store more updated than mine

If anyone of you wants the source code I will be glad to give it to you.

Changelog 1.1.4
    • Added Spanish translation. (Thanks to brusapa)

Changelog 1.1.3
    • Now shows full contact name rather than only last part of the contact id!

Changelog 1.1.2
    • Avoid collecting and then showing notifications on the lock screen when screen is on and phone is unlocked

22/03/2013
    • Fixed a bug that broke the Google Now hotword. (Thanks to catchem99 for reporting the bug)
    • Fixed crashes with Tweakers.net app. (Thanks to Baswazz and MrMagic for reporting the bug)

19/03/2013
    • Fixed some random crashes

16/03/2013
    • Added turkish translation (Thanks to abdullahazad)

24/02/2013
    • Changed extension icon. Now the phone is centered as some of you requested! :p

Changelog 1.1.1
    • Modified senders list from "Message from Buddy1, Message from Buddy2" to "Message from: Buddy1, Buddy2"
    • Updated translations strings
    • Minor fixes

Changelog 1.1
    • Added preference: Turn on screen when receveing notification
    • Now shows more than one "Message from..." if there are many senders
    • Added Italian translation

18/02/2013
    • Added German translation (thanks to mkl23)
    • Corrected a bug that caused crash soon after installing or booting the phone.

The strings.zip contains string.xml file. If you wants to add translation you're welcome. Thanks!
    AW: [APP][4.2+] Dashclock Whatsapp Notifications Extension! 1.1.3 [27/03/2013]

What does "Activate accessibility service from Accessibility item in Android Settings" in the instructions at the first post mean? Can't find this...

Go into System Settings>Accessibility
    You should see a menu item calles "Whats App Notifications". You have to turn this item on.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Re: [APP][4.2+] Dashclock Whatsapp Notifications Extension!

uhegy3a4.jpg

from i9100 V4.1.2 LS8
    what does this app do. can you plz explain properly

It's not a standalone app. It's a plugin for the app Dashclock. It capture Whatsapp notifications and shows them on the lock screen. That's all ;)
    I really like your dashclock extension! I just have one question: Would be it possible to show the firstname instead of the lastname of the sender?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Actually it should show both the first name and the last name of the contact as it is saved in the contacts list.