[APP][4.2+] Google Voice for DashClock

Search This thread

brchickery

Dec 17, 2011
When you click on the latest message on dashclock it takes you to the inbox instead of the actual message. Is that working as intended?

Citizen_Snips

Apr 23, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Google Pixel Watch 2
Verizon galaxy nexus. Same issue as others. When I try to use the settings for dash clock it tells me I have to turn accessibility on for it. So I turn it on. (This is the only thing I have enabled) however I can never see any options. Just to turn on accessibility from settings, not all the options like on the screenshot. I have all notifications enabled in the voice app. Still it won't show up in dash clock no matter what I do. Not the old voice mails, no new ones either...... This used to work for me, not sure what's going on now: (

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
When you click on the latest message on dashclock it takes you to the inbox instead of the actual message. Is that working as intended?

Yes this is intended.

Verizon galaxy nexus. Same issue as others. When I try to use the settings for dash clock it tells me I have to turn accessibility on for it. So I turn it on. (This is the only thing I have enabled) however I can never see any options. Just to turn on accessibility from settings, not all the options like on the screenshot. I have all notifications enabled in the voice app. Still it won't show up in dash clock no matter what I do. Not the old voice mails, no new ones either...... This used to work for me, not sure what's going on now: (

Hmmm this is not normal. Did you install the latest version on play store?

ctbear

Oct 15, 2009
Seattle
Ok thanks for the reply. In that case...

Any way you could make it go to the message you click on? That would be really helpful.

Also a great feature would be to be able to quick reply with a popup. If you could make it do that somehow.

I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to go to the new message thread directly, and none of the things i tried worked. If I have time I might investigate again.
Popup for new messages probably won't happen as that is outside of the scope of the app (an extension of a widget).

brchickery

Dec 17, 2011
I have spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to go to the new message thread directly, and none of the things i tried worked. If I have time I might investigate again.
Popup for new messages probably won't happen as that is outside of the scope of the app (an extension of a widget).

You are the man. Thanks buddy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also on Google Play Store!

Hi everyone,

I've developed a Google Voice extension for the awesome DashClock widget.

Features:
    • Displays unread message count and last received Google Voice message
    • Widget updates instantly when new notification arrives. No need to turn off/on the screen
    • Tap on the extension to enter Google Voice app, which also clears the extension notification

Please provide feedback and report any issues you find :)

Changelog:
    Code:
    Mar 1, 2013 - v0.3
    - Added option to stack all received messages
    - Added option to always show extension

Feb 24, 2013 - v0.2
    - Changed app name and icon to be in line with Google Play store
    - Added options to display message in expanded mode
    - Fixed some bugs and crashes

Feb 21, 2013 - v0.1.1
    Removed unnecessary permission. Sorry :p

Feb 20, 2013 - v0.1
    Initial release
    just what I've been waiting for

I just installed this and it's working great! This was the one extension that I was hoping for most.