• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] [4.28.09-Update 23]M2D - NEW manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00 NOW UP

Search This thread

Sian

Dec 22, 2006
Singapore
Not sure whether anyone has asked this or know how to get this - In the standard window, there left softkey will change according to context, e.g. if a sms arrived, it will change from whatever you mapped it to, to 'Notification'.

Anyway to get this 'contextual softkey' for M2D?

t3k.wes

Sep 25, 2008
I successfully installed m2d on my vogue running wimo 6.1 but i've run across some issues.

1. I cannot change the default browser to anything aside from opera. I disabled the "make opera the default browser" box, ran JZ browser "which seems to be a link for selecting different defaults" and changed the registry settings in HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila2d\InternetWidget\Customized all around. I tried setting it to iexplore, but the closest I can get is opera opening and attempting to download "\Windows\iexplore.exe". How do I change it? I'd like to use Skyfire.
I fixed problem #1 by renaming skyfire.exe to operaL.exe and moving it to the \windows folder

2. I usually use "Touch Keypad" for text entry and would like to still have it as an option. How do I get it back on my text entry types?

3. Is there any way to get the backlight adjustment in the program list?

4. My camera is noticeably slower and skippy with only m2d running. It is almost as bad as a sidekick camera now. Is this common with m2d running?

Last edited:

mreaglejr

Aug 26, 2006
Miami, FL, United States
my results

Hey everyone,

I've just done a hard reset, then installed UPDATE 14 on my "fresh & clean" TyTN II (stock - original wm6.1 rom), followed the instructions in the txt. I got these results:

- Audio Manager: dies after a few seconds when starting from programs. When I just try to have fun from M2D music tab, the controls stop working after trying to switch music. I have no idea what's going on.
- YouTube: the only thing is that the finger scroll is not working for me.. duh, I tried everything.
- Fullscreen Player: minor bug - something is wrong with the pause button when pressing it. lol

Everything else works like a charm for me. Thank you guys for your work, parapampapam.. I'm lovin' it.
If anyone knows anything about the issues I wrote, I appreciate all helps. :)

PS: I already asked once, but I got no answer: are there horizontal gestures in the original Opal M2D?

Last edited:

Col. Sanders

Sep 13, 2008
By da beach mon.
I was running SEVEN and getting the crashes and finally figured out how to fix it. For my hotmail I configured it using the windows live push email set up and it has been working perfectly for the last couple of days. Currently it reads 50 messages in my inbox. Though I am not certain if you can set up a gmail account as well this way.

Try fowarding your gmail to hotmail and in options check sync as they arrive. When you respond to people they will see your hotmail address fyi.

LivinOne

Mar 27, 2008
changing Soft Keys ?

anyone having problems changing Soft Keys? I have use SoftKey Manager (which has worked perfectly on all ROMs I have tried) but it always reverts to Phone/Programs?

j_ochoa

Jul 23, 2008
Same issue here. Could someone please address this bug?

For many of us, Outlook/Exchange mail is not accessible from the mail tab.

Thank you!!

I had the same issue and this is how I solved it:

-Connected the phone to Windows Mobile Device Center (I use Vista)
-Selected: Mobile device settings\change content sync settings
-Unchecked email

The mobility device center erased the email account on the phone

-On the phone, selected the email tab and chose: add new account
-Entered my corporate email address and password (I know, I know :) )
-Activesync connected to the exchange server and got the set up information
-Got the traditional security enforcement message
-Set the pin
-Eureka! It works

In short, don't create the synchronization link via the Mobile Device center, but use the phone instead to create it.

Not the most elegant solution, but it worked for me ...

Juan

-flow84-

Aug 1, 2006
Aschaffenburg
german translation

Hi,

I've translated the HTC_HDlg.exe.0409.mui and Manila2D.exe.0409.mui completley into german with Resource Tuner and renamend it to *.0407.mui.

But they don't work an my German XDA Orbit :(

So what I have to do that I can use these both mui on an German XDA Orbit with Manila2D?

Please help me what I have to do now to get these muis working for me.

ajb303

May 28, 2008
Hey i was just wondering if there was a cab file for black or blue text on the today screen. If not, thats cool. I just have some cool white backgrounds but cant see the text :)

castrogne

Feb 27, 2008
Search this thread for VJBrisk. Someone posted instructions on how to use it. It will do the trick for you. I used it to make Pocket Informant my default.

If you find instructions, but cannot find the file anywhere, PM me your email address.

I don't understand... I tried this:

- Download VJBrisk
- Installed it
- Make a link with VJBrisk
- Make a link with pocketCMCalendar and renamed it VJTarget.lnk
- Rename VJBrisk.lnk to Calendar.lnk

At this stop, all goes ok (in a temp directory). When i clicked on calendar.lnk, i launched pocketcm calendar.

But

I can't copy/past it un /windows cause i can't change something in the rom, i don't have that right... calendar.exe and calendar.lnk in /windows can't be moved, renamed or changed...

How may i do? I think that the path used in manilla to launch the caledar is /windows/calendar.lnk, no?

P.S. i can't do that too in /windows/start menu/calendar.lnk cause VJTarget is erazed when i open the menu...

Hi All

Hopefully someone can shed light on this issue for me as ive searched but came up with nothing, Ive also tried to reinstall loads of the files but again it's not fixed the issue.

All is working ok but i cannot add programs. Now this is not the same as the common issue as i can add contacts.

If i click on a button to add a proram the selection screen appears and i select the program but it does not appear in the program button, However i have found that if i enable HTC Home plugin the program i added does appear in the Programs tab of Home.

If i try too add another program in the same location it changes in HTC Home but again will not appear in the Touchflo Programs.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

bigduck

Jun 27, 2008
Please help me! I am using HTC Cruise and after installing the "UPDATE 14 M2D" version, it displays "Tap here to launch Touch 2D" (or something like this). When I tap on that line, it displays "Launching Touch 2D..." then after few seconds, it displays "Tap here to launch Touch 2D" again.
Even I have tapped many times and reinstalled many times, I still face the same problem.

PS: Before reinstalling, I always do hard reset.

Please help, thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first, thats awesome MUI. but can I display my next appointments on home menu? I see picture on skin threat, several of them can display the appointment... I have a lot of appoinment list but on home menu only displaying a text "Calender". thanks

I guess it only shows the next appointment of the current day. At least that what it does here.
    Is landscape even a possiblity with this?
    I HAVE NOT HEX EDITED THESE FILES FOR NON HTC AND OLDER HTC DEVICES YET

STILL USING EXPLODES CAB

HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NO YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19a)
    RAPIDSHARE........................MEGAUPLOAD

WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19b)
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

again i have a tilt aka kaiser and it works perfectly on mine.

hope this helps out with this new update

by the way here is some basic opal cabs i found and fixed or made and fixed the errors.

***opal commanager is made by greatbal and fixed by herg62123***