• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] [4.28.09-Update 23]M2D - NEW manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00 NOW UP

Search This thread

marctronixx

Jul 18, 2007
ok, in regards to youtube.

i have installed on the mogul (sprint) youtubeplay.exe no i can go to the programs tab and launch it there and it works but i cant get the link on the 2d tab to launch it. the file is in \program files\youtubeplay and i enter that in the the registry but the link on the tab wont lauch it so can someoen be kind as to steer me in the right direction?

and help kindly?

holzzelt

Aug 27, 2007
???? "Settings" ... "Communication" should pull your Comm Mgr under M2D

as i said before, i would rather have a comm manager tab than the settings tab: i never use the options "synch data", "change wallpaper" and "about touch flo". so its just a waste of space. i`d prefere the stadard comm- manager tabs right on the screen or at least the options (switch 3g/gsm, vibrate, terminate data conn, aiprplane mode, bluetooth, wfifi) this wourld save you one unnecessary hit...

tatnai

Jul 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, USA
Love M2D. One thing that is very necessary; the files need to be installed somewhere other than the windows folder. There are so many files installed in the \Windows folder that it triples the time it takes to access that folder - browsing using a file explorer, accessing the alarm sounds (these are stored in \Windows). I know that there are installs available that install in the program files folder, however I think that this should be the standard - M2D should be made to install to program files.

Great HTC home plugin! Please change this.

nenadr

Feb 17, 2008
Belgrade
Large Title Bar

Here is one "Large Title Bar", from Diamond I think, ugly as hell :) on QVGA devices, but this one at least works correctly with M2D started, for last 4 hours (which none of the previous opal and other versions of LTB didn't (at least on my TyTN II (Kaiser) Official HTC WM6.1 ROM (3.28)).

The only thing that didn't worked on this "Large Title Bar" is when I tap notification for new message on title bar - it still opened default notification window directly. On the other hand, when I tap something else on title bar while I have new SMS notification active the envelope icon is drawn on LTB screen, but tapping it doesn't do anything.

All other icons work OK, even WITHOUT Settings-> Clock-> More-> "Display clock on title bar in all programs"

Meybe someone with expirience with resource editor and patching .dll's can make it look nicer on QVGA devices ?

suaaa

Mar 29, 2007
Taipei
use this HTCDrmAPI.dll solve old TouchCube not working well issue

hello everybody ,

I have tried this HTCDrmAPI.dll on M2D and relationship applications , it works normal , and it solved old TouchFLO Cube Contact Page cannot use problem.

this is 1.0.404.710 , not the newest , but I thinks it is a stable version.
FYI.........

ps. My PPC is Polaris

Last edited:

utopykzebulon

Jul 5, 2008
Grenoble
thank you to help me last time now it's work!!!
I have just a problem when I tape on sound in the setting widget

080925041908347602537949.jpg

I have this message then reboot!!!
does anyone now why I have this error??

bigduck

Jun 27, 2008
Please help me! I am using HTC Cruise and after installing the "UPDATE 14 M2D" version, it displays "Tap here to launch Touch 2D" (or something like this). When I tap on that line, it displays "Launching Touch 2D..." then after few seconds, it displays "Tap here to launch Touch 2D" again.
Even I have tapped many times and reinstalled many times, I still face the same problem.

PS: Before reinstalling, I always do hard reset.

Please help, thanks in advance.

OMG, I know the problem now.
I tried to hard reset my HTC Cruise then installed the Manilla2D. It ran ok. But after I used PPCPimBackup to restore my SMS data's PPC, I have faced this problem.

Please help to check this issue.

Last edited:

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
thank you to help me last time now it's work!!!
I have just a problem when I tape on sound in the setting widget

080925041908347602537949.jpg

I have this message then reboot!!!
does anyone now why I have this error??

There are a couple of us who are having the same problem, but now one knows yet WHY or WHAT's causing it.

ToddeSwe

Today i have removed my animated S2U2 background and no Shell Error YET! :)

So MAYBE.... maybe... can't be that easy...

All you other readers who have had this problems, can someone verify this?
Or at least tell me if you to have an animated S2U2 background or at least S2U2 installed... Is there someone here who have the same problem WITHOUT S2U2 installed?

ToddeSwe

Bjd223

Jul 3, 2008
USA
remove this GXDMA.DLL from your windows after intall M2D,,M2D will still works i don't found any issue and you will get your game running also

HOLY CRAP! Thank you very much. I have been trying to figure this out for quite some time. This was the only reason I have not been using Manilla2D as my fulltime today replacement.

I have not seen any adverse affects of this yet after a couple hours of regular phone use.

Anyway Thanks again.

utopykzebulon

Jul 5, 2008
Grenoble
There are a couple of us who are having the same problem, but now one knows yet WHY or WHAT's causing it.

ToddeSwe

Today i have removed my animated S2U2 background and no Shell Error YET! :)

So MAYBE.... maybe... can't be that easy...

All you other readers who have had this problems, can someone verify this?
Or at least tell me if you to have an animated S2U2 background or at least S2U2 installed... Is there someone here who have the same problem WITHOUT S2U2 installed?

ToddeSwe

I have delete s2u2 but it's already the same thing....
anyone had the same pb??

jeiyuu

Aug 15, 2007
Pacifica, CA
Collection of common M2D Q&A

**Disclaimer - I am putting this Q&A together based off the collaborative knowledge of the xda members. And to hopefully prevent this tread from growing an additional 5 pages a day with the same questions. In no way am I trying to take credit for certain things that I do not yet understand. That being said, please feel free to PM me with any questions you had about Manilla2D that you would like to see added to this post. Thank you all for your hard work and contribution**

Q. Touchflo/Manilla will not launch. Error Message cycle "Tap here to launch Touch 2D... Launching Touch 2d... Tap here to launch Touch 2D"
A. Double check that you installed the files to internal memory - some required files installed to your storage card can cause this problem.
A. Be sure to restore your PIM data BEFORE installing Manilla 2D - depending on your backup software, the restoration of certain device settings can cause this problem.
A. If you attempted to make changes to the HomeSettings.xml file, be sure to double check your code is sound. Also, if editing the .xml file on windows be sure that it retains the .xml properties after you transfer the file back to your device (Otherwise, the file will try to open itself with Opera and not load correctly in Manilla). More on the HomeSettings.xml here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427531

Q. How do I to change the defualt Photo Album so it will display my pictures & videos stored on my memory card?
A. Navigate to the Photos and Videos tab in Manilla, press the left softkey "Album", press the left softkey again "Albums", press Storage Card, navigate/select where your pictures and videos are stored, press right softkey "Menu", select "Set Album as Favorite"... Done!
A. Reg Key Edit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum\ change favorite_folder from [CAMERA] to what ever location you want.

Q. How do I change the default web browser?
A. The easy way: the Launch Browser button on the Internet tab looks for operaL.exe in the \Windows directory. To change the default browser, simply make a copy of the .exe for the browser of your choice (iexplorer.exe or skyfire.exe) and rename it operaL.exe! If you have a problem copying and renaming iexplorer.exe, OMJ on PPCGeeks forum posted the file for you to just transfer: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14386&d=1222298186

Q. How do I cange the softkeys in Manilla?
A. At the moment, you cannot. The softkeys in Manilla are programmed into the software and cannot be changed by a registry edit. There is always hope that this will be an option in Manilla 2D Customizer (M2DC) - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427392

Q. Can I run Manilla on a non-HTC device?
A. UPDATED with release #16 (See first post of this thread)

Q. Games stop working after Manilla2D install (start black screen and "crash to desktop")
A. Remove this GXDMA.DLL from your windows after intall M2D (this has not affected the functionality of M2D as of yet).

Q. Manilla2D does not recognize my Outlook account?
A. See post #2711 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173&page=272

Q. I cannot choose a city in the weather tab or add a program in the program tab?
A. You must localize the .mui files to match that of the language of your firmware.
Look here for codes: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/lcid-all.mspx
And see post #2390 for a list of files to be renamed here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398173&page=293

Q. What is a quick & easy way to change the backlight?
A. Here are a few fixes for changing the backlight:
MVBklight: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=379270
Original Backlight.exe: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14924&d=1223166202
(I just create a shortcut in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, then you can assign it in the Programs section of Manila 2D)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first, thats awesome MUI. but can I display my next appointments on home menu? I see picture on skin threat, several of them can display the appointment... I have a lot of appoinment list but on home menu only displaying a text "Calender". thanks

I guess it only shows the next appointment of the current day. At least that what it does here.
    Is landscape even a possiblity with this?
    I HAVE NOT HEX EDITED THESE FILES FOR NON HTC AND OLDER HTC DEVICES YET

STILL USING EXPLODES CAB

HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NO YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19a)
    RAPIDSHARE........................MEGAUPLOAD

WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19b)
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

again i have a tilt aka kaiser and it works perfectly on mine.

hope this helps out with this new update

by the way here is some basic opal cabs i found and fixed or made and fixed the errors.

***opal commanager is made by greatbal and fixed by herg62123***