• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] [4.28.09-Update 23]M2D - NEW manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00 NOW UP

Search This thread

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
I'm GIVING UP!!! It's impossible to make this work on a NON English device!!!!!!

I give up!!

It's impossible to make this work on a NON English device!

If the problem with Shell Error just exists on non English devices, then the problem must be somewhere in the mui's or something....

I have tried to rename ALL 0409 to my 041D tonight but it's impossible to do that. It says that it can't rename it because the file allready exists, but the files NOT exists... :)

So! Now i will stop waisting my life on this.
No one of you guys who REALY is into this and could fix it cares about us non English users.

Even i beginner could learn and become a useful source for you who think that sharing knowledge is bad because you have learned it the hard way and spent long hours to do so and we beginners must do so to. :)

Have a nice life! :)

So! Until there's no solution to this Shell Error problem is MUST stop using or trying to use this super theme. :(

ToddeSwe

matras

Jan 30, 2008
thank you to help me last time now it's work!!!
I have just a problem when I tape on sound in the setting widget

080925041908347602537949.jpg

I have this message then reboot!!!
does anyone now why I have this error??

reinstall task manager_2_1_34837_3

dcfan96

Nov 9, 2007
camera issue

I installed the up date and then I installed Camera_5_0_4_2915_00.cab and now my camera won't work. I tried to uninstall Camera_5_0_4_2915_00.cab and it said it wasn't completely uninstalled and camera still won't work. Any suggestions?? Thanks,

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
okay folks, i just stumbled over this cab file here which is a fix for a Samsung i760.
I tried it with my Himalaya and guess what: IT WORKS
I would post a video or something like that, but i have no cam to prove it, so you'll have to take my word for it (or not).

I installed Manila 2D 0.7, the OX SharedDLL's and this Patch i found for the i760 which i will attach on the bottom of this Post.
At the Moment i'm testing it, and so far it's working pretty good, apart from the Internet Tab, Weather, Google Maps and Youtube (as i did not install the latter two).

Manila 2D i760 Patch

LilGBlood

Dec 8, 2007
Miami
I have an AT&T branded Tilt, and this couldn't work better, no lag, perfect. The ONLY thing that should be fixed is landscape. I think he should just take off the call history and calendar buttons, and make the clock and the bottom bar by themselves when its on landscape. Please, when you install this, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS HE GIVES YOU, IN ORDER!

Last edited:

mkennis

Sep 19, 2008
I give up!!

It's impossible to make this work on a NON English device!

If the problem with Shell Error just exists on non English devices, then the problem must be somewhere in the mui's or something....

I have tried to rename ALL 0409 to my 041D tonight but it's impossible to do that. It says that it can't rename it because the file allready exists, but the files NOT exists... :)

So! Now i will stop waisting my life on this.
No one of you guys who REALY is into this and could fix it cares about us non English users.

Even i beginner could learn and become a useful source for you who think that sharing knowledge is bad because you have learned it the hard way and spent long hours to do so and we beginners must do so to. :)

Have a nice life! :)

So! Until there's no solution to this Shell Error problem is MUST stop using or trying to use this super theme. :(

ToddeSwe
I'm just on this forum for a week now and I think there are a lot of people from different countries and different languages, so dont give up when it gets hard. and have a little patience.

The error is only when you try to edit the volume through the settings tab, when you use the swithch on the side of your device (assuming you have a polaris) no problemo. I dont use the settings tab too much.

My guess is that sooner or later this problem will be solved eventually cause also the guys/gals that do know a lot of these issues talk different languages.

Oh and don't forget: keep on smiling

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
I'm just on this forum for a week now and I think there are a lot of people from different countries and different languages, so dont give up when it gets hard. and have a little patience.

The error is only when you try to edit the volume through the settings tab, when you use the swithch on the side of your device (assuming you have a polaris) no problemo. I dont use the settings tab too much.

My guess is that sooner or later this problem will be solved eventually cause also the guys/gals that do know a lot of these issues talk different languages.

Oh and don't forget: keep on smiling

I do keep on smiling, i almost looks like The Joker in Batman nowdays :)
Reinstalling fixed the audiocrash for me, and the ability to add a new wallpaper.

But i'm so scared to use my device because i don't want to hear that sound playing when the Shell Error beeps.. :) It drives me crazy not to be able to narrow this problem down, the problem moves and pops up when you least expect it to :)

Must take a break from this for at least a couple of days.
I cant find it and it drives me crazy! :)

ToddeSwe

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I installed the up date and then I installed Camera_5_0_4_2915_00.cab and now my camera won't work. I tried to uninstall Camera_5_0_4_2915_00.cab and it said it wasn't completely uninstalled and camera still won't work. Any suggestions?? Thanks,

I had this problem on my Titan/Mogul and the only way I found to fix was to do a hard reset and to not install it,

nickmgray

Dec 23, 2005
Minneapolis
htcsource.com
First off, thanks to everyone who has put in countless hours to get Manila 2D up and running on a lot of our devices. I have been using it since the very first cab was released and i have not turned back.

The only feature that I can not get working properly is the Album Art for the mp3 player. I think this has something to do with my HTC Audio Manager being the original one from my factory HTC Touch ROM, but I'm not really worried about it since I use S2P for all my music needs.

I do have one question that I hope someone smarter than me might be able to answer. I have never programmed anything in my life (besides a website or two), but I wondering if it is possible to add more Widgets to Manila 2D. There's been mentionings about the MyFaves widget, but it seems no to work. On various released of the Touch Diamond with touchFLO 3D, carriers have added their own streaming media services to the interface so I'm assuming that it can be done. This would allow us to add additional functionality to Manila 2D, such as allowing a generic Widget for other Home plugins, a stock widget, kinda like the iPhone one, and maybe the inclusion of a better MP3 player.

verkion

Sep 3, 2007
Does anyone know how to remove cities from the weather tab WITHOUT starting up Manila? i.e. taking it out of an XML. I just added a 4th city and now manila crashes everytime I go to the weather tab. Thanks!

verkion

madsurfer1

Mar 9, 2008
I do keep on smiling, i almost looks like The Joker in Batman nowdays :)
Reinstalling fixed the audiocrash for me, and the ability to add a new wallpaper.

But i'm so scared to use my device because i don't want to hear that sound playing when the Shell Error beeps.. :) It drives me crazy not to be able to narrow this problem down, the problem moves and pops up when you least expect it to :)

Must take a break from this for at least a couple of days.
I cant find it and it drives me crazy! :)

ToddeSwe

I feel your pain brother.
I have an elfin, and every time I add a contact or a program the fu##ing shell error appears, but for me the the commanager works fine for me, just the add wallpaper doenst, but wen I click in it, it does nothing

patbisch

Jun 15, 2005
Bruxelles
Manilla 2d Now working on Apache 6700! This may or may not work on other non-HTC devices!

Instructions:
1. Install update 14 from first page
(Have not tried with update 15)

2. After installation when it asks you to reboot choose cancel

3.Install Manilla2D_NonHTC_Patch.CAB

4. Reset, DONE!

YouTube Vid will be here in 10 minutes!

Enjoy :D

Ari

Thanks for this, working on my Prophet now ! (with update 15)

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Jul 21, 2007
Midlothian, TX
Google Pixel 5
Thanks. It is a good idea. It may work for a lot of people, but didn't work for me. When connecting to Exchange, the phone gets all the security policies from the server. One of policies that my company enforces limits the options to 1, 5, 10 or 15 minutes. There is no way to enter any time longer than that.
Load this CAB on your phone. It will extend your timeout up to 24 hours. :)

n-zocker

Jul 24, 2008

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
Manilla 2d Now working on non-HTC devices!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNBM4C2VuIY

Verified Devices:
Apache
ETEN M700
Prophet
Wizard

Instructions:
1. Install update 14 from first page
(I have verified that this can also be used with update 15, I did have to skip installing HTCAlbum but this is already built into my ROM)

2. After installation when it asks you to reboot choose cancel

3.Install Manilla2D_NonHTC_Patch.CAB

4. Reset, DONE!

YouTube Vid will be here in 10 minutes!

Enjoy :D

Ari

Thank u, thank u, thank u!!!
It really works on my prophet G4 now. Need a few fixes but is ok now.
Thank you master. ;)

151jcolon

Jun 27, 2008
discupen por postear en espanol. yo tengo un sprint touch y probe todos los betas, buscando como resolver los problemitas, el cab de album opal confligia con java, no tengo idea, logre resolver todos los problemas usando el beta 07. el azul, y lo combine con los cab del update 15, menos el cab album opal , tambien probe la camara 5_0_4_2..... y tampoco sirve , deje el telefono con el albun de fabrica y la camara tambien y esta de maravilla, ya no lo toco mas, saludos y disculpas por postear en espanol, es que es mucho para mi ingles. espero que les sirva de algo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first, thats awesome MUI. but can I display my next appointments on home menu? I see picture on skin threat, several of them can display the appointment... I have a lot of appoinment list but on home menu only displaying a text "Calender". thanks

I guess it only shows the next appointment of the current day. At least that what it does here.
    Is landscape even a possiblity with this?
    I HAVE NOT HEX EDITED THESE FILES FOR NON HTC AND OLDER HTC DEVICES YET

STILL USING EXPLODES CAB

HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NO YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19a)
    RAPIDSHARE........................MEGAUPLOAD

WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19b)
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

again i have a tilt aka kaiser and it works perfectly on mine.

hope this helps out with this new update

by the way here is some basic opal cabs i found and fixed or made and fixed the errors.

***opal commanager is made by greatbal and fixed by herg62123***