• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[App] [4.28.09-Update 23]M2D - NEW manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00 NOW UP

Search This thread

zeo2k

Mar 4, 2008
I just noticed that on my Sprint Touch, with the opal album cab installed, I can take pictures, but I can't take video. It says "unable to create video file". Anyone else gets this error message.

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Does M2D require FlashLite 3.1? Whenever I try and install FL3.1 I get an error, "Installatation of... was unsuccessful". Any ideas?

EDIT: On a Non-HTC, Windows Mobile 5 Device
I don't know for flashlite, but I had the same error with M2D cab, and hard reset didn't help.
And this is how I solved it:
I open the cab on pc with a cab manager and copy all the files in device's windows directory. I get an error with file GXDMA.dll. After I renamed it the cab installation works fine.
So, I think that with this procedure maybe you can find what is responsible for your error. This worked for me, and I hope that will help you to solve your problem.

j_ochoa

Jul 23, 2008
Exchange/Outlook email

I am having no luck getting M2D to recognize my Outlook email account on the email widget. The tab recognizes whenever an email arrives & update the correct number but the emails are not visible in the envelope or as an account at all. My Yahoo imap account is recogized perfectly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Look at post 2711. It worked for me. Now I can access my exchange account from the mail tab.

LoriInWa

Jun 15, 2008
Edmonds, WA
I had the same issue and this is how I solved it:

-Connected the phone to Windows Mobile Device Center (I use Vista)
-Selected: Mobile device settings\change content sync settings
-Unchecked email

The mobility device center erased the email account on the phone

-On the phone, selected the email tab and chose: add new account
-Entered my corporate email address and password (I know, I know :) )
-Activesync connected to the exchange server and got the set up information
-Got the traditional security enforcement message
-Set the pin
-Eureka! It works

In short, don't create the synchronization link via the Mobile Device center, but use the phone instead to create it.

Not the most elegant solution, but it worked for me ...

Juan

Thanks very much, I will do this once I do a hard reset and load the latest version this weekend! :D

xd1936

Dec 4, 2006
Thanks you two!
I can say with fair certainty, after attempting off of a clean Hard Reset, that this DOES NOT work on my Dell Axim x51. Bummer, I really want a nice home screen and this shows lots of promise :(

chris.dale

Dec 8, 2007
Audio manager issue

Please help! I run the latest Manilla2D update (16) on Polaris with udK Diamond R8 ROM and I have a problem with audio manager. I tried anything but it still says: "no titles found" I can browse through genres, artists, albums of songs on the storage card (path: storage card/my documents/mp3) but I can't get to the song list. It seems like ID3Tag is present, but mp3 itself isn't. Can anybody help me?

xenokira

Jun 24, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I don't know for flashlite, but I had the same error with M2D cab, and hard reset didn't help.
And this is how I solved it:
I open the cab on pc with a cab manager and copy all the files in device's windows directory. I get an error with file GXDMA.dll. After I renamed it the cab installation works fine.
So, I think that with this procedure maybe you can find what is responsible for your error. This worked for me, and I hope that will help you to solve your problem.
Cool, worked for me! I didn't attempt to copy the Windows directory--I just tried renaming GXDMA.dll to GXDMA.old, and without a soft reset I tried reinstalling and it installed successfully (finally!)

Just for reference, I've got a Vogue running a custom ROM I made just a couple hours ago using the 20748 kitchen (and it's a hell of a lot faster than the official Sprint 6.1 ROM).

bootheresa

Nov 14, 2006
Pittsburgh,PA
Cool, worked for me! I didn't attempt to copy the Windows directory--I just tried renaming GXDMA.dll to GXDMA.old, and without a soft reset I tried reinstalling and it installed successfully (finally!)

Just for reference, I've got a Vogue running a custom ROM I made just a couple hours ago using the 20748 kitchen (and it's a hell of a lot faster than the official Sprint 6.1 ROM).

Just FYI this was reported yesterday right HERE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2688553&postcount=2699 BOO

Hi

just got to say thanks for hergs hard work on this i'm enjoying it.

Sorry to post an issue but it's frustrating and driving me mad

Every so often manilla wont display it can be working for a while and then just seems to hang.
It usually happens when the device is woken (i use S2U2) but tonight it happened when i was just browsing the programs using the standard win mob interface.

When i closed the programs app (or usually slide to unlock) the home page of manila does not show but i can still see and use the the soft key programs to access the programs page. but i cannot use the slider bar .

sometimes i can press start and disable the plugin then go back to the now blank today screen, then go and re-enable it again and it works. But sometimes a soft reset is needed.

I had this in the last version and have today hard reset and installed the new version and i still get the issue.

I have a Kaiser using the stock Orange 6.1 rom

I have changed all the skinned graphics back to the original set so there are no different graphics in there that could cause it.

the only app running is S2U2 (but i have tried it without and it still does it)

Has anyone else had similar and can anyone help ?

Thanks

Last edited:

twizzla1xda

Jul 6, 2008
I ran into this issue a few days ago as well, running on the same phone. I freaked out, but all seems to be better now. I kept pressing to continue and got the same results. A few more soft resets later (using clear temp to reset) even the warning screen is gone. The problem occured for me after I d/led a theme that was a huge zip file. The zip took forever to open up and I got figgity and reset the phone instead of being patient. I still experience serious slowdown with ZIP, but have switched to using total commander.

The problem went away after i reinstalled the diamond theme, moved the ZIP theme to my storage card, and reinstalled the diamond style clock. I dunno, but something got corrupted and a reinstall of a few things fixed er right up.

Great advice! I'm trying some of those things as we speak.....i'll post results in a few.....

NoICEReaver

Jul 14, 2008
First of all, I want to thank all of you guys who are connected to this project, fantastic work :cool:
And now to my problem:
When I want to start Audio Manager, it does nothing.. at least it seems to. But i further investigated, and discovered (thru that enhanced task manager) that the audio manager stays launched... When I want to quit it, it just hangs the whole device and I have to soft reset...
I've tried to search for this problem, but no solution came up..
I followed the instructions step by step..
I've started trying m2d with [update 15].
Uninstalled some things with SKTools and tried update 16, but the same problem came up...
In some topic some guy spoke about the same problem, but he had windows media player also malfunctioning, but mine works ok...
TCPMP works too...
Audio manager crashes even if I disable "TouchFlo" from today screen and soft reset and try to launch AM "pure" ...
Any hints? :eek:

My device:
HTC Polaris, ROM Bepe 0.67, Radio Murata_PPAS_1.58.21.23

Thanks for reply :)

bump...
guys, I'm sure that someone have this problem too... please, tell me if there's any solution.. :(

twizzla1xda

Jul 6, 2008
i'm running a WM 6.1 ROM without Flash, i didn't install FlashLite 3.1 and Manila 2D works fine :)

So i guess the answer to your question is a NO ;)

Hey Jadephyre...Did you ever have flashlite installed, and if so, were you having a big problem with M2D when it was installed? What were you having problems with?

EDIT: Just found out what Flashlite was. It's by Adobe and it's H.264 video support along with some support for Flash 8 and other stuff...nevermind my ? above.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first, thats awesome MUI. but can I display my next appointments on home menu? I see picture on skin threat, several of them can display the appointment... I have a lot of appoinment list but on home menu only displaying a text "Calender". thanks

I guess it only shows the next appointment of the current day. At least that what it does here.
    Is landscape even a possiblity with this?
    I HAVE NOT HEX EDITED THESE FILES FOR NON HTC AND OLDER HTC DEVICES YET

STILL USING EXPLODES CAB

HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NO YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19a)
    RAPIDSHARE........................MEGAUPLOAD

WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19b)
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

again i have a tilt aka kaiser and it works perfectly on mine.

hope this helps out with this new update

by the way here is some basic opal cabs i found and fixed or made and fixed the errors.

***opal commanager is made by greatbal and fixed by herg62123***