[App] [4.28.09-Update 23]M2D - NEW manila 2d build 1.20.19131530.00 NOW UP

Search This thread

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
@yamaha11reed
READ ONE POST ABOVE YOUR LAST POST!!!

Q. How do I change the default web browser?
A. The easy way: the Launch Browser button on the Internet tab looks for operaL.eve in the \Windows directory. To change the default browser, simply make a copy of the .exe for the broser of your choice (iexplorer.exe or skyfire.exe) and rename it operaL.exe!

jeiyuu

Aug 15, 2007
Pacifica, CA
I've already change to manila2d.exe.040c.mui for the french version!!!how to do??

Check out this post from kikou:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=2662866&highlight=french#post2662866

Or try the fix from Daxter06: "You have to rename on the directory Windows, the file Manilla2D.exe.0409 on Monilla2D.exe.040C. (soft reset after it's never bad ) and it's work."

If that doesn't work, you may want to try and PM them directly.. Good Luck.

Last edited:

twizzla1xda

Jul 6, 2008
**Disclaimer - I am putting this Q&A together based off the collaborative knowledge of the xda members. And to hopefully prevent this tread from growing an additional 5 pages a day with the same questions. In no way am I trying to take credit for certain things that I do not yet understand. That being said, please feel free to PM me with any questions you had about Manilla2D that you would like to see added to this post. Thank you all for your hard work and contribution**

Q. Touchflo/Manilla will not launch. Error Message cycle "Tap here to launch Touch 2D... Launching Touch 2d... Tap here to launch Touch 2D"
A. Double check that you installed the files to internal memory - some required files installed to your storage card can cause this problem. Also be sure to restore your PIM data BEFORE installing Manilla 2D - depending on your backup software, the restoration of certain device settings can cause this problem.

I also just recently ran into this same problem, but mine was caused by the xml file...I had made a mistake in editing the xml file trying to change the position of the clock details. It saved the xml file properly, but when I went to reload M2D, it cycled the error message above. What I did was take a look at the original xml file to try to see what was stopping it from loading, because without a proper xml file, apparently you have no interface, i.e. no touchflo M2D. It actually ended up being that the very beginning of the xml file had a few letters that I accidentally typed in when trying to perform a search to find the clock attributes. When I found the error, I fixed it and then tested it by opening the xml in IE7 (if it won't open in IE7, there's a mistake in the basic formatting in the xml file).

Just thought i'd share my findings too! Great job on the M2D guys!

jeiyuu

Aug 15, 2007
Pacifica, CA
I also just recently ran into this same problem, but mine was caused by the xml file...I had made a mistake in editing the xml file trying to change the position of the clock details. It saved the xml file properly, but when I went to reload M2D, it cycled the error message above. What I did was take a look at the original xml file to try to see what was stopping it from loading, because without a proper xml file, apparently you have no interface, i.e. no touchflo M2D. It actually ended up being that the very beginning of the xml file had a few letters that I accidentally typed in when trying to perform a search to find the clock attributes. When I found the error, I fixed it and then tested it by opening the xml in IE7 (if it won't open in IE7, there's a mistake in the basic formatting in the xml file).

Just thought i'd share my findings too! Great job on the M2D guys!

Haha, will make the addition. I completely forgot about this one.. I too attempted to edit the xml file to add the favorites tab and delete the email tab.. I caused this same prob! thanks twizzla1xda!

j_ochoa

Jul 23, 2008
Wake phone on Home screen

So far I am very happy with this solution. My respects to all the people that made it work. I have a few issues, but they seem to be shared by many people so I'll keep waiting. There is one issue though that I have not seen adressed here.

I use exchange mail and my company enforces security pins. Right now, when I wake my phone, instead of the beautiful home screen, I get the uggly pin-entry screen. I therefore need to enter the pin just to see information that is right on the home screen, like number of unread emails or next appointment. I used to use SPB Mobile Shell, and somehow they managed to wake the phone on the Today screen, if a password was required the phone would not do anything else, but at least you could see some information. The left softkey would bring up the pin-entry screen.

Does anybody know a way to wake the phone on the home screen?

Thanks!

J

tyguy

Feb 11, 2008
SoCal
Security PIN
We have the same policy in place here BUT ...
MS exchange requires a password protection, so the easiest way is to apply a password (can be very simply) which will be asked after a soft- or hard reset.
While installing exchange you will be asked to acknowledge that there is a security policy and you HAVE TO answer with OK (otherwise the xchg server wont play with you). After all is done go to <start-settings-system-key lock and check if the first option is active (all but power button).
Afterwards go to <start-settings-personal-lock punch in your password and set it i.e. to 12 hours.
So you shouldn't get asked all the time. Default WM6.0 and 6.1 is actually 0 (zero) so you'll be asked every time the device wakes up (or you wake it up - LOL).

j_ochoa

Jul 23, 2008
Security PIN
We have the same policy in place here BUT ...
MS exchange requires a password protection, so the easiest way is to apply a password (can be very simply) which will be asked after a soft- or hard reset.
While installing exchange you will be asked to acknowledge that there is a security policy and you HAVE TO answer with OK (otherwise the xchg server wont play with you). After all is done go to <start-settings-system-key lock and check if the first option is active (all but power button).
Afterwards go to <start-settings-personal-lock punch in your password and set it i.e. to 12 hours.
So you shouldn't get asked all the time. Default WM6.0 and 6.1 is actually 0 (zero) so you'll be asked every time the device wakes up (or you wake it up - LOL).

Thanks. It is a good idea. It may work for a lot of people, but didn't work for me. When connecting to Exchange, the phone gets all the security policies from the server. One of policies that my company enforces limits the options to 1, 5, 10 or 15 minutes. There is no way to enter any time longer than that.

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Q. How do I to change the defualt Photo Album so it will display my pictures & videos stored on my memory card?
A. Navigate to the Photos and Videos tab in Manilla, press the left softkey "Album", press the left softkey again "Albums", press Storage Card, navigate/select where your pictures and videos are stored, press right softkey "Menu", select "Set Album as Favorite"... Done!

The reg key for this is,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCAlbum\
change favorite_folder from [CAMERA] to what ever location you want

j_ochoa

Jul 23, 2008
Security PIN

Security PIN
.... and 6.1 is actually 0 (zero) so you'll be asked every time the device wakes up (or you wake it up - LOL).

English is not my main language. You wouldn't believe the things you say when learning another language. If you think this was funny, let me tell you about the time that I was decribing to a group of people an accident that I saw on the highway. Instead of saying that the victims were put on stretchers (which is what I meant), I said that the victims got laid on stretchers ... It took like 10 minutes for everybody to settle down again so I could finish the story :eek:

And people think that learning Spanish is hard :)

Gersonian

Sep 22, 2008
Washington, DC
SEVEN crash

I was running SEVEN and getting the crashes and finally figured out how to fix it. For my hotmail I configured it using the windows live push email set up and it has been working perfectly for the last couple of days. Currently it reads 50 messages in my inbox. Though I am not certain if you can set up a gmail account as well this way.

Hey thanks for writing back about this. I am about to give it a shot as well, I just hope that my little registry play didnt f things up for once SEVEN is off of my phone. The latest update they sent out had a bunch of issues, so maybe switching back to windows live push for hotmail will work best. Thanks again for the follow up.

EDIT

IT WORKED!!!!!!

Last edited:

twizzla1xda

Jul 6, 2008
Does anyone have problems with the text messages tab? whenever i scroll to that tab the M2D exits. I have tried to clear my messages folder (all of my messages are deleted) but i still have no luck. any suggestions?

Got the same problem. Read somewhere earlier in this thread that someone says it is caused by the big icon for the 'messages' tab, but they haven't figured it out yet...something to do with some of the custom icon packs making the message tab crash M2D......any takers on this, because this has to be happening to more people than we think.

EVERYONE WHO HAS INSTALLED CUSTOM ICON PACKS TRY THE MESSAGE TAB.....REPORT IF WORKING/NOT WORKING/FIXES!!!!

jackleung

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 10, 2005
USA
Got the same problem. Read somewhere earlier in this thread that someone says it is caused by the big icon for the 'messages' tab, but they haven't figured it out yet...something to do with some of the custom icon packs making the message tab crash M2D......any takers on this, because this has to be happening to more people than we think.

EVERYONE WHO HAS INSTALLED CUSTOM ICON PACKS TRY THE MESSAGE TAB.....REPORT IF WORKING/NOT WORKING/FIXES!!!!
Yes, I can confirm messages is not working after I replace the pic w/ Feng Shui's icon pack on #2 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=427937, and it's back to working after I replace back w/ the original pics.

QuiQNeZZ

Jul 12, 2008
Has anyone had a problem with the missed called notification not shutting off on your mogul running Manilla? I have NueLED killer which I used to disable all the annoying leds from blinking but I still want the notification LED to go off when I have a missed call. I know I can set it for a certain time limit in WM but I'm pretty sure when I checked the missed call BEFORE manilla that the LED would shut off by itself. Now it won't turn off after I press the missed call button on the Manilla home screen. I have to set it to go off automatically in 5 minutes which is the shortest setting in WM.

ToddeSwe

Dec 26, 2007
Alvesta
I'm GIVING UP!!! It's impossible to make this work on a NON English device!!!!!!

I give up!!

It's impossible to make this work on a NON English device!

If the problem with Shell Error just exists on non English devices, then the problem must be somewhere in the mui's or something....

I have tried to rename ALL 0409 to my 041D tonight but it's impossible to do that. It says that it can't rename it because the file allready exists, but the files NOT exists... :)

So! Now i will stop waisting my life on this.
No one of you guys who REALY is into this and could fix it cares about us non English users.

Even i beginner could learn and become a useful source for you who think that sharing knowledge is bad because you have learned it the hard way and spent long hours to do so and we beginners must do so to. :)

Have a nice life! :)

So! Until there's no solution to this Shell Error problem is MUST stop using or trying to use this super theme. :(

ToddeSwe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first, thats awesome MUI. but can I display my next appointments on home menu? I see picture on skin threat, several of them can display the appointment... I have a lot of appoinment list but on home menu only displaying a text "Calender". thanks

I guess it only shows the next appointment of the current day. At least that what it does here.
    Is landscape even a possiblity with this?
    I HAVE NOT HEX EDITED THESE FILES FOR NON HTC AND OLDER HTC DEVICES YET

STILL USING EXPLODES CAB

HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

NO YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19a)
    RAPIDSHARE........................MEGAUPLOAD

WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET (VERSION 19b)
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

ALL DEVICES (VERSION 19b) WITH YOUTUBE ON INTERNET WIDGET
    RAPIDSHARE.........................MEGAUPLOAD

again i have a tilt aka kaiser and it works perfectly on mine.

hope this helps out with this new update

by the way here is some basic opal cabs i found and fixed or made and fixed the errors.

***opal commanager is made by greatbal and fixed by herg62123***