[APP][4.4+] Android Wear GoPro Remote

Search This thread

konradit

Sep 17, 2014
Madrid
chernowii.com
keep calm

Yeah same system, but for every H generation. And usable in any video editing software not just the gopro studio.
A simple text (or json xml etc...) file, with some timestamp, will do the trick.

First the app needs support for ALL cameras, I will do that now.

Then maybe adding more shake triggers, profiles, voice commanding, your bookmark idea and HiLight Tag for HERO4...

Reactions: Twano_O

ImBrakkie

Mar 27, 2014
Oslo
I manage to launch the app on the Moto 360 and connect to camera but could not do anything else yet. I'm using the GoPro 3 Black Edition. :)

But looks great! Looking forward to updates. :good:

MikeZ

Dec 31, 2005
Hi i have a Hero4 Silver.
So far it works, albeit i experienced some force closes.
However the video modes that you can change do not seem to work.
Nor do they reflect the possible list of values for the H4 Silver.

What do the numbers on the right side mean ?
A Tag function would be nice, voice activation also.

And a shortcut or something that allows you to set the unit in AutoShoot mode.
That is when setting unit on start shooting video.
This is when you want to stop using the remote app.
Better visability between the different touch areas.

Keep up the good work !

konradit

Sep 17, 2014
Madrid
chernowii.com
Hi i have a Hero4 Silver.
So far it works, albeit i experienced some force closes.
However the video modes that you can change do not seem to work.
Nor do they reflect the possible list of values for the H4 Silver.

What do the numbers on the right side mean ?
A Tag function would be nice, voice activation also.

And a shortcut or something that allows you to set the unit in AutoShoot mode.
That is when setting unit on start shooting video.
This is when you want to stop using the remote app.
Better visability between the different touch areas.

Keep up the good work !
Hi.

Not OP but the numbers on the side are data about the camera such as battery and video recording time. I am making a fork of this app for the H4 and it included Quick Capture.

Deathalo

Oct 15, 2010
I finally got my Moto 360 and this app works great on the 360 with the Hero 4 Silver! The only improvement I'd like to see would be the ability to preview your shots or video before recording, it'd be great to see the image and then tap on the screen to take the shot or video once you see the shot you want, that's really huge especially if you want to lineup your shot on a tripod or mount of some sort. Thanks for the great work!

Reactions: RVinc

goliatt

Dec 31, 2010
Hi, are you still developing this app? If yes, here's a improvement you can make: some smartwatches has WIFI connection (I own the Sony Smartwatch 3), so it would be nice to connect the GoPro directly to the Smartwatch so you can dismiss the phone.

That's it, if you do this let me know hehe, regards.

rippye

May 29, 2015
hello .... very good application, but I have a question ...SmartWatch app runs on Android 4.4 core ??

Last edited:

andi_96_1

Sep 22, 2012

Hello!
Great work from you ! :)
I have one question is there any possibility to control the GoPro without the mobile phone ?
So that my Smartwatch 3 is connected directly to the GoPro via Wifi?
i have tried it but didn't worked.

konradit

Sep 17, 2014
Madrid
chernowii.com
Hello!
Great work from you ! :)
I have one question is there any possibility to control the GoPro without the mobile phone ?
So that my Smartwatch 3 is connected directly to the GoPro via Wifi?
i have tried it but didn't worked.
Since this app is dead I'm developing a new one, and have implemented that feature, do you want to try it? PM me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snow_Ghost

MichaMW

Oct 19, 2015
Use GoPro Remote without Smartphone

I ask myself whether it's not possible to build a GoPro Remote AndroidWear App which connects directly to the GoPro-Camera without a Smartphone in between.

Is this technically not possible? Most SmartWatches have a Wifi Chip.

konradit

Sep 17, 2014
Madrid
chernowii.com
I ask myself whether it's not possible to build a GoPro Remote AndroidWear App which connects directly to the GoPro-Camera without a Smartphone in between.

Is this technically not possible? Most SmartWatches have a Wifi Chip.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chernowii.hero4

I built this app, if the watch is connected to a GoPro WiFi it will prompt you to use a WiFi controller without the need of being paired to a mobile phone.

bnavigator

Jan 23, 2016
I built this app, if the watch is connected to a GoPro WiFi it will prompt you to use a WiFi controller without the need of being paired to a mobile phone.

I tried this with my GoPro 4 Session and LG G Watch R. I do not get any prompt. I can control the camera when the phone is connected to the GoPro WiFi. My Watch is paired with the phone via Bluetooth. I want to control the camera from the watch without having to connect the phone to the GoPro WiFi but leave the phone on the regular wifi/3G connection to have internet and just connect the watch WiFi controller to the GoPro WiFi.

Also, your app uses way too much vibration feedback. If I press a button (or shake the watch too much) the watch vibrates and the phone vibrates.

You should distribute the the options to more panels instead of the one hard to navigate screen.

SkizZO

Nov 23, 2005
.:NeaPoliS:.
Any updates for this app? i've tried Gopro Wear remote, and all other (free) Gopro wear apps on the Play store, but have no chances with my Hero Session 5.

travelnperl

Nov 2, 2013
I have the GoPro 8 and now have the new Samsung Watch 4 classic. I cannot find any watch controller now that Samsung has switched to Wear.

Will this work or is there a better one for it?

thank you and anyone else that has an answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wear GoPro Remote is an Android Wear application that allows full control of a GoPro camera.

Some features are:
    • Change camera mode (Video, Photo, Burst, Time lapse)
    • Change video resolution and frame rate.a
    • Change Time lapse interval.
    • Fire shutter to take pictures, start/stop video and see a small preview of the picture taken.
    • Fire shutter by shaking your hand (Great for selfies).
    • Image gallery to browse images on Camera.
    • Set basic settings like Spot Meter, Beep volume, Upside down, LEDs.
    • Locate camera.
    • Power off/on camera.

Things to do
    • Make compatible with all GoPro models (currently tested on Hero3 White only).
    • Live preview on watch (Nice to have but not essential).
    • Improve UI design.
    • Test on round watches.
    • New icons.
    • Code documentation.
    • Correct battery indicator.
    • Autodetect GoPro WiFi password.
    • Unit tests.
    • Publish on Google Play.

Please feel free to suggest improvements, fixes, and enhancements and report any bug you found.

Open Source under Apache Software Licence at github.com \ hmrs-cr \ android-wear-gopro-remote

Version history:
    • v1.0-12 (01/10/2015):
      Maintenance release, no significant new features are included in this release.
      • Added Material Design Theme.
      • Added "first run dialog" to help configure GoPro WiFi settings.
      • Improved stability.
      • Fixed many "force close" issues.
      • Option to disable app start up when device connected to GoPro WiFi (disabled by default).
    • v1.0-11 (12/29/2014):
      Maintenance release, no significant new features are included in this release.
      • New launcher Icon.
      • Improved connection error handling between watch and phone.
      • Autoconfig GoPro WiFi name and password if phone connected to GoPro WiFi.
      • Added "Send Log" menu option to send logs and camera info to help diagnose issues.
    • v1.0-10 (12/21/2014):
      • First public release
    This is awesome! I don't have android wear yet, but planning on getting a moto 360 soon. I have a Hero 4 Silver and was thinking this would be an extremely useful app to have on your wrist, thanks for your work, can't wait to try it out!
    thumbs up, works pretty well :)
    Lets keep it going

Hi everybody

I had a GoPro HERO2 (rusty one from 2011), I have a GoPro HERO3 Black, +Black, HERO4 Black cameras. Here is my work of documenting the commands of these cameras to control via WiFi: (damn I am new!!!) github dot com/konradit/goprowifihack

I was going to do an app too but there is this app too, why not merge? In the repo there are ALL of the HERO2/HERO3 Black commands for wifi control, will release HERO4 commands soon. The White / Silver / HERO2 work the same, this means commands are the same. The HERO3 Black and the HERO3+Black are more advanced and have different structures. The HERO4 Black and Silver are completely different from past structures.

Lets get this app up to date with all cameras and maybe voice commanding?
    keep calm

Yeah same system, but for every H generation. And usable in any video editing software not just the gopro studio.
    A simple text (or json xml etc...) file, with some timestamp, will do the trick.

First the app needs support for ALL cameras, I will do that now.

Then maybe adding more shake triggers, profiles, voice commanding, your bookmark idea and HiLight Tag for HERO4...