[App][4.4+] Aurora Store - Open Source Play Store client [April 8 2021]

Search This thread

maybeme2

Aug 28, 2015
How do I turn off the sound Aurora makes when it notifies me of the successful install of an update?

The popup notification is OK. I just want to turn off the associate sound.

Thanks.

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth
How do I turn off the sound Aurora makes when it notifies me of the successful install of an update?

The popup notification is OK. I just want to turn off the associate sound.

Thanks.
Isn't that a device setting? It is for me. Your post reminded me to change Aurora Store notification to silent. I too don't want every app announcing its every action, so often change to silent.

aurorastoreuser

May 6, 2021
Hi - thanks for the degoogled store. I've been using it without issue on calyx/lineage for a while, but just ran into something i don't understand -

my credit union has a mobile app. It is "live" (not newly released, etc), and I can see it in the (web) play store. However, I cannot find it via search in Aurora app using either the app name, or the full `com.*.*` package name.

Incidentally, on another family phone (same model, OS) the app was installed months ago, and from THAT phone, I can click over to the app's page in Aurora by long-pressing on the app icon; however that phone also reproduces no search results for the app directly from Aurora.

What could be causing this? It appears the apk is definitely 'compatible' - is there a way to manually pull up the app in Aurora - I'd like to avoid side-loading, etc.

V7BHl1fBkTVNzPR9E13I

Dec 9, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi - thanks for the degoogled store. I've been using it without issue on calyx/lineage for a while, but just ran into something i don't understand -

my credit union has a mobile app. It is "live" (not newly released, etc), and I can see it in the (web) play store. However, I cannot find it via search in Aurora app using either the app name, or the full `com.*.*` package name.

Incidentally, on another family phone (same model, OS) the app was installed months ago, and from THAT phone, I can click over to the app's page in Aurora by long-pressing on the app icon; however that phone also reproduces no search results for the app directly from Aurora.

What could be causing this? It appears the apk is definitely 'compatible' - is there a way to manually pull up the app in Aurora - I'd like to avoid side-loading, etc.
It's probably because the app is only available in your country, and aurora is using an account in a different country.

Reactions: Aqq123

aurorastoreuser

May 6, 2021
It's probably because the app is only available in your country, and aurora is using an account in a different country.
Is there a way to verify what region this is? I can see I'm logged in as aurora.*.*@gmail (not sure how widely shared those addresses are, so not posting the actual address)

If it is a different region (I'm USA), is there a way to force it to pick an anon account, or do i need to create a burner account of my own?

temporarium

May 16, 2012
Is there a way to verify what region this is? I can see I'm logged in as aurora.*.*@gmail (not sure how widely shared those addresses are, so not posting the actual address)

If it is a different region (I'm USA), is there a way to force it to pick an anon account, or do i need to create a burner account of my own?
Go into settings/networking and turn this on. Restart app and see if it finds your app.
Screenshot_20210506-192110422 (1).jpg

aurorastoreuser

May 6, 2021
Go into settings/networking and turn this on. Restart app and see if it finds your app.View attachment 5301851
thanks for your response - with a bit of digging the best documentation on this feature is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ore-client-april-8-2021.3739733/post-84739245 (which is the developer's announcement of the feature). Does not give any detail on implications, however.

I have a couple questions. Kinda detailed i suppose, but I greatly appreciate your info as i am trying to understand the privacy implications.
  • If I enable this (once) in order to 'find' my app via the official store, then DISable it - are there any privacy implications beyond interacting with google's servers [what I'm obviously already exposed to]- it would look just like a random ID to them, correct?
    • eg is there any explicit info left over linking the sessions or device [device/location/usage fingerprinting would still apply obviously]
  • is a new id generated every time this is enabled? Eg, if I need to repeat this in the future, am I trailing along a _persistent_ or just new-random ID?
    • experimenting with this on/off - i see that once i've installed the app Aurora can display it for updates. Is there anything tying that to the "GSF ID" i used to find/install the original apk?
This doesn't seem that well documented anywere - adding searchable text for future folk DuckDuckGo'ing this feature: Aurora store --> Networking --> "Insecure anonymous session" --> "Generate GSF ID locally on device" to force a region for app availability in the Play store/api.

Reactions: techyuh

V7BHl1fBkTVNzPR9E13I

Dec 9, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F1
Insecure anonymous session is basically the same way version 3 used to work. If you have used aurora back in version 3, then you know nothing bad will happen. When you are done, just turn the option back off, restart the app and relogin with a different anonymous account.

mlkdom

Mar 14, 2021
Hi. I found a bug in "Menu" -> "Downloads". The application does not display values for "download_speed_estimating" and "download_eta_calculating".

Aurora Store v4.0.3.png

maybeme2

Aug 28, 2015
Google connectivity will not download. Is that because I logged Aurora anonymously? It says app not purchased. Is there a workaround other than logging in under my real account?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210507-082424.png
    Screenshot_20210507-082424.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 44

Laquedem

Jun 20, 2019
I am new to Aurora Store and recently struggle with "timeouts" when trying to open the app. I wonder if that is normal or not?
Checked previous postings already and checked my pi-hole after i heard about people having domains blocked, but it wasnt the case (and wouldnt have happened out of nowhere).

xdabushrang3r

• Feb 14, 2016
    I am new to Aurora Store and recently struggle with "timeouts" when trying to open the app. I wonder if that is normal or not?
    Checked previous postings already and checked my pi-hole after i heard about people having domains blocked, but it wasnt the case (and wouldnt have happened out of nowhere).

No, it isn't normal but it occasionally happens and the dev usually fixes the problem. It's just started happening to me as well this morning.

EDIT: This problem has resolved itself for me. I'm no longer getting timeouts.

Last edited:

Draygon

Jul 11, 2011
    I love Aurora Store, will following features be added in future?
    1. Automatic Updates in background via Aurora Services (This was removed I guess? Really important to many people)
    2. Support for in-app purchases (Maybe impossible without GAPPS, but it would be really needed and completely replace Play Store)

Excited to see what comes next. Thank you devs!

Reactions: maybeme2

V7BHl1fBkTVNzPR9E13I

Dec 9, 2018
    Xiaomi Poco F1
    I love Aurora Store, will following features be added in future?
    1. Automatic Updates in background via Aurora Services (This was removed I guess? Really important to many people)
    2. Support for in-app purchases (Maybe impossible without GAPPS, but it would be really needed and completely replace Play Store)

Excited to see what comes next. Thank you devs!
    What is the point of aurora if you need to connect your own google account for purchases?

techyuh

May 17, 2021
    thanks for your response - with a bit of digging the best documentation on this feature is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ore-client-april-8-2021.3739733/post-84739245 (which is the developer's announcement of the feature). Does not give any detail on implications, however.

I have a couple questions. Kinda detailed i suppose, but I greatly appreciate your info as i am trying to understand the privacy implications.
    • If I enable this (once) in order to 'find' my app via the official store, then DISable it - are there any privacy implications beyond interacting with google's servers [what I'm obviously already exposed to]- it would look just like a random ID to them, correct?
      • eg is there any explicit info left over linking the sessions or device [device/location/usage fingerprinting would still apply obviously]
    • is a new id generated every time this is enabled? Eg, if I need to repeat this in the future, am I trailing along a _persistent_ or just new-random ID?
      • experimenting with this on/off - i see that once i've installed the app Aurora can display it for updates. Is there anything tying that to the "GSF ID" i used to find/install the original apk?
    This doesn't seem that well documented anywere - adding searchable text for future folk DuckDuckGo'ing this feature: Aurora store --> Networking --> "Insecure anonymous session" --> "Generate GSF ID locally on device" to force a region for app availability in the Play store/api.
    I also would love a more detailed description of how this feature works from the developer or anyone else that explicitly understands the privacy implications of this feature. Simply making the option is available is great, but I'd love some deeper documentation on just the questions you've raised. Does this assign a GSF ID to my device that could now, in theory, be used to persistently track my activity and future downloads? Or will it simply only tell google that on x day at x time a Samsung S20 downloaded the Mcdonalds app from x location and once I turn the feature off and resume a new anonymous session there will be no further tracking. Furthermore, if I use this feature again will it add to the tracking of that initially assigned insecure GSF ID? Or is a new one generated each time I activate the feature?

Last edited:

Social_Work

Dec 25, 2012
    I can´t install paid apps with aurora store. I am on an Linage 18.1 vanilla without gapps.
    I installed the aurora store according to the instructions and have successfully logged in with my google account. i can see my installed apps and easily install freeware and get updates for the apps. However, I cannot see my purchase history. it updates and does not display anything. if i want to install apps that i have bought, it says i have to buy them. Inn app purchases are also not recognized. What can I do? thank you very much!

Reactions: virginwidow

maybeme2

Aug 28, 2015
    What to download and install?

The Aurora GitHub site has 3 files available to download :
    AuroraStore.....
    AuroraServices....
    AuroraServices....Unity

I am rooted with Magisk and have AuroraStore already installed. Which of the above 3 files do I download and install to update to the latest version?

Thank you.

Reactions: virginwidow
    Dec 20, 2018

AuroraStore.....
    AuroraServices....
    AuroraServices....Unity

I am rooted with Magisk and have AuroraStore already installed. Which of the above 3 files do I download and install to update to the latest version?

Thank you.
    Install latest Aurora store 4.0.5 like a normal apk file.

Aurora services is a optional magisk module for rooted users which installs app in the background(behaviour similar to how Play Store installs app). Install the latest version(the unity one ig) through magisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      @Aakaxda
      For future reference:
      Pls use spoilers, when sharing so many pictures within one post.
      Readability might improve a lot, especially on mobile devices 😉
      Cheers 👍🏻

AuroraStore.....
      AuroraServices....
      AuroraServices....Unity

Thank you.
      Install latest Aurora store 4.0.5 like a normal apk file.

Aurora services is a optional magisk module for rooted users which installs app in the background(behaviour similar to how Play Store installs app). Install the latest version(the unity one ig) through magisk.
      Cannot open app pages in Aurora Store from play store links

Aurora Store version: 4.0.5 (latest, stable)

Suppose I google something on the web browser and an app is suggested on the search page. Now if I click on the app link, it directs me to Aurora Store, but it never loads the app page.
      View attachment 5334447View attachment 5334449View attachment 5334451
      This is the bug of the latest version. Previous one doesnt have it
      @Aakaxda
      For future reference:
      Pls use spoilers, when sharing so many pictures within one post.
      Readability might improve a lot, especially on mobile devices 😉
      Cheers 👍🏻
      Even thumbnails are a much better option for the desktop; dont know about the mobile app.
      I can´t install paid apps with aurora store. I am on an Linage 18.1 vanilla without gapps.
      I installed the aurora store according to the instructions and have successfully logged in with my google account. i can see my installed apps and easily install freeware and get updates for the apps. However, I cannot see my purchase history. it updates and does not display anything. if i want to install apps that i have bought, it says i have to buy them. Inn app purchases are also not recognized. What can I do? thank you very much!
      FG-2.png

Aurora Store
      Unofficial Google Play client

Disclaimer :
      Using Aurora Store with your own Google account may cause your account
      to be blacklisted, use at your own risk.

Aurora Store is an Unofficial FOSS client to Google's Play Store, with an elegant design,
      using Aurora you can download apps, update existing apps, search for apps, get details about app tracker & adware.
      You can also Spoof your Device Information, Language, and Region to get access to the apps that are not yet available or restricted in your country or Device. Aurora Store does not require Google's Proprietary Framework to operate,

It works perfectly fine with or without Google Play Service or microG.

Earlier based on Yalp store, v4.0 is a Kotlin rewrite from scratch that follows
      Material Design and runs on all devices running Android 4.4 and above.

Aurora Store is derived from the following projects, special thanks to the devs
      YalpStore | AppCrawler | SAI | Raccoon

Important Links
      GitLab | Telegram Support Group | Telegram Channel

Downloads
      Stable | Nightlies

Special Thanks for Help & Inspiration
      Sergey Yeriomin | Nick Kountouriotis | Krzysztof Szczepański | Andreas Itzchak Rehberg (IzzySoft)

Core Developers
      Rahul Kumar Patel

Designers
      Iacob Ionut | Radek Błędowski | Lumiq Creative

Aurora Community Members
      Anunay | Snoop | Sicarious | My Translators | BadAss Bug Reporters | Alpha Testers & Khaleesi

Version Information

XDA:DevDB Information
      Aurora Store, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
      WhyOrean
      Source Code: https://gitlab.com/AuroraOSS/AuroraStore

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2018-01-24
      Last Updated 2021-04-07
      Changelog : v4.0.4 (35)
      • Fix missing download entries
      • Do not allow users to install bundled apps via Native Installer
      • Updated Translations

Changelog : v4.0.3 (34)
      • Add back search filters
      • Add back manual downloads
      • Fixed installer related issues
      • Fixed language spoof issue
      • Fixed dispenser timeout issue
      • Added support for insecure anonymous sessions
      • Fixed ABI mismatch issues on Huawei devices
      • Added options to disable ForYouPage & customize default tab
      • Bug fixes & improvements
      • Updated Translations

Changelog: v4.0.2
      • New GPlay API
      • New improved UI
      • Better app installers
      • Theme Engine

Changelog : v3.0.2
      • Updated translations & added new Koffrora (Meme) locale
      • Enforced root install method to set installer as 'com.android.vending' allowing app to work that
      impose restricts if installed from other sources except Play Store.
      • Fix bugs related to search bar & search history
      • Fix bugs related to Downloader
      • Added option to view changelogs in updatable app list
      • UI improvements

Changelog : v3.0.3
      • Sort app list in ascending order of app name
      • Enforced proxy network on download requests
      • Show update size in updatable app list
      • Disable quick notification completely if notifications are turned off

Changelog : v3.0.4
      • Added new locales (Asturian, Catalan and Sardinian)
      • Added new spoof location : Tokyo, Japan

Changelog : v3.0.5

Changelog : v3.0.6
      • Improved legacy card style
      • Added support for TV
      • Improved Accounts and added support for 2FA
      • Fixed exodus showing old reports
      • Fixed and improved search results
      • Added new locale - Dutch
      • Updated translation

Changelog : v3.0.7
      • Added option to use custom token dispensers (Settings->Network)
      • Added new dummy accounts & dispenser
      • Added support for Aurora Services
      • Added option to view AppInfo from list menu
      • Zip the splits to backup bundled apps
      • Updated translation

Changelog : v3.0.8
      • Added option to export current device info
      • Improved Search UI
      • Bug fixes and improvements

Changelog : v3.0.9
      • Added option to install apps directly to work profile (only rooted users)
      • Added cleanup routines and image caching control routine
      • Added new locales - Punjabi, Belarusian and Norwegian Bokmål

Changelog : 3.1.0
      • Cache apps to reduce network calls, auto clear after 3 days
      • Fix Google account login
      • Fix OBB issue for big games

Changelog : v3.1.1
      • Do not cache updatable apps, its fetched on each launch
      • Make installation sequential
      • Improve notifications
      • Improve app aesthetics

Changelog : v3.1.2
      • Fix downloads on Android 10
      • Notify user if 2FA is enabled
      • Improve dummy logins and handle rate-limit
      • Add self-update module

Changelog : v3.1.3
      • Fix Google login issue
      • Fix user reviews
      • Update exodus trackers list

Changelog : v3.1.4
      • Fixed login issues

Changelog : v3.1.5
      • Updated translations

Changelog : v3.1.6
      • Update UI
      • Fixed issues related to beta subscriptions
      • Fixed login issues

Changelog : v3.1.7
      • Fix a critical serialization/deserialization issue

Changelog : v3.1.8
      • Fixed Exodus report
      • Fixed Login/No network issue
      • Fixed Splash screen issue
      • Fixed 2FA login issues
      • Fixed multiple other issues
      • Updated translations

Changelog : v3.1.9
      • Updated translations

Changelog : v3.2.0
      • Updated translations

Changelog : v3.2.1
      • Updated translations
      • Fixed search issues

Changelog : v3.2.2
      • Updated translations

Changelog : v3.2.3
      • Fix root installs
      • Fix files details not being displayed

Changelog : v3.2.4
      • Fix notifications & auto-installs
      • Fix few apps not downloading issue

Changelog : v3.2.5
      • Fixed auto-install issues for bulk updates
      • Fixed no-network issues for Anbox setups
      • Various other bug fixes and improvements
      • Updated Translations

Changelog : v3.2.6
      Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

What is the difference between Aurora Store and Google PlayStore ?
      Unlike Google Play Store, Aurora doesn't track your downloads or the apps you use. We respect your privacy. Aurora is also uneffected
      by Google marking your device as uncertified or a lack of Google Apps.''

Is Aurora Store a fork of Yalp Store ?
      Technically No, the Aurora Store v3 is written from scratch, but it does share some code from Yalp Store (the POJO xD)

How can I report a bug or suggest something?
      You can open issues here, or you can join our Telegram Development Group Join Now

How to Join | Contribute to Aurora Store ?

I am open to any kind of suggestions/feature request, you can either mail me at [email protected] or ping me on Telegram.

Why Aurora store ?
      Because PlayServices have always disappointed and are proven to be Spyware & Malicious to the end user link.
      Unfortunately, we cannot always get-by with just FOSS Apps. Aurora store helps us retrieve apps from the PlayStore repository,
      without having to trouble you and your device with Google Apps.

If I don't need GApps, Do I need MicroG ?
      No. Aurora Store was built to access PlayStore without any kind of google services. It doesn't care if you use it with or without GApps or MicroG.

What is the FakeStore ?
      Badly designed apps detect if PlayStore is missing and start misbehaving. The FakeStore is a stub that pretends to be as PlayStore and
      preventing the apps from crashing, as the package name for FakeStore is same as PlayStore (com.android.vending).

Is it safe to use Aurora store ?
      Aurora is fully open source and verified by F Droid. If you're talking about the safety of the apps in the store, it just gets them from the same place
      that the Play Store would, and are verified by Google. A lot of dangerous stuff seems to sneak past them though, so as a rule of thumb, don't download anything
      which you're not sure about.

What data does Aurora store send to Google ?
      Aurora Store does its best to send the least identifiable information possible. It does send list of package names of your installed apps (for fetching updates),
      your search queries and your downloads for obvious reasons.

Do I need to use my own Google account to log in ?
      Nope, Aurora Store can log you in with a dummy account so that nothing gets linked to your own account.

Why would I use my own account? Is it safe ?
      You can use your own account to download apps purchased by you or to access your wishlist. Although you may want to be careful, as Google retains
      the right to block any account, so probably use a dummy account.

How do I login if I have 2-factor-authentication enabled ?
      You just need to get an app password from the Google dashboard and use that to login into Aurora Store.

How do I purchase paid apps ?
      Purchase the apps from the PlayStore website, and login using your own account in Aurora Store to download them.

Can Aurora store verify licences ?
      Not yet. All you can do at this point is pester the dev of the licenced app to give you an alternative method for verification.

Can I use Aurora store to get paid apps for free ?
      No. Get out.

What is the F Droid filter ?
      Since F-Droid signs APKs with its own keys, the Play Store variants of apps cannot be installed over them. The F Droid filter excludes all the apps
      it finds with F Droid signatures on your device to prevent such conflicts.

What is the spoofing feature ?
      Spoofing allows you to pretend to be any other device at any other location in the world, to download geo-restricted apps. You can use your own custom device
      configs by dropping the .properties file in the Downloads directory (Settings -> Downloads -> Download Path).

How does Aurora install apps ?
      Aurora Store can install apps in 3 ways

• Manual - Whenever an app is downloaded, it will open the manual installation screen. This doesn't require root or system perms.
      • Root | System - By giving Aurora Store root or system permissions, it will automatically install apps in the background as soon as they are downloaded.
      • Aurora Services - By installing Aurora Services as system app, Aurora Store can automatically install app upon download completion in background.

How do I use Aurora services ?
      Install Aurora Services (to system preferred), open it, do everything it says, open Aurora settings and choose Aurora Services it as install method.
      You don't need to give Aurora Store system or root grants. Aurora Services handle all install & uninstall requests in background.
      NOTE: Aurora Services support has yet to be implemented in v3.

How to give Aurora Store|Services system permissions ?
      You need to either manually push the APKs to /system/priv-app, or install the magisk module from the group.

Can Aurora Download and install Split or Bundled APKs ?
      Yes, with or without root.

How can I submit/improve translations ?
      Go to POEditor, and inform me when done.
      (Although I keep track of translations progress, but in case I miss, let me know)

Why do I have two Aurora Stores after installing the new builds ?
      Because the v3 is a completely new rewrite, it comes with a new package name. You can uninstall the older one or keep it if you want.

Why are the versions on FDroid and XDA labs outdated? When will they be updated ?
      Aurora Store is still in a development phase right now, and only infrequent stable builds will be uploaded there (Also, FDroid's review & build process is quite lengthy).
      You can always grab the latest tests builds either from the Telegram Group or from AuroraOSS

"Please add FDroid | Amazon App Store| Yada support"
      No, this is a PlayStore client. Which means it's for the Play store only. Different clients for different services (^_~)
      #Update : New build is up !
      Changelog : v3.1.7
      • Update UI
      • Fixed issues related to beta subscriptions
      • Fixed login issues

EDIT : Updated to a new build
      Hey all!

A little update, secondary dispenser server is back!
      The primary server is still offline.

How to enable secondary dispenser ?

1. Go to Settings -> Networks -> Enable custom tokenizer
      2. Enter Tokenizer URL "http://www.auroraoss.in:8080"
      3. Go to accounts -> Logout -> Login
      4. Enjoy! (Optional)

Keep calm & stay safe.