[APP][4.4+] Auto-Reply to Whatsapp, Slack, Email & more [BETA]

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Hey all - been working on this off and on for a while but I've finally got it in a place where it works to how I envisioned it so I'm super excited to share it with you all!

These days people expect instant replies to their instant messages & it's not always possible to oblige.

Texting & driving is dangerous, your boss probably isn't keen on your messaging at work, you might be in a meeting, you might have left your phone to go workout.. Fortunately, in any given situation, Can't Talk will respond for you.

Let people know you're busy, you're driving, you're in a meeting, you'll get back to them later.. You set the message, you set who & via which apps to respond to & Can't Talk does the rest.
It's "out of office" but not just limited to email. Whatsapp, Slack, SMS, missed calls, Telegram, Hangouts, Allo.. any app that let's you send a quick reply via it's notification - Can't Talk can respond to.

Features of note:
- You can auto reply to sms & missed calls as well as app notifications
- You can specify which apps can be replied to
- You can specific which contacts can be auto-replied to (this includes across apps like Whatsapp etc..)
- You get to specify the message that gets sent.

Features of note to come:
- Multiple profiles - so you can create a "work profile" or a "home profile" or a "driving profile" with specific responses/settings
- Contextual Switching - the ability to automatically turn profiles on & off depending on whether you're driving, in the office, at home etc..
- Contact specific responses

At this stage I'd really love your feedback on the app so far (this is a beta so there may be bugs) & more specifically what more would you want from an app like this?

Any and all feedback/suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Beta on the Play Store here

Attachments

Last edited:

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Nice app but second reply time is 12 min after the first reply to the same person that not good. it should be the frequent reply. or is it work without the internet?
Thanks for the feedback! Was it a reply to the same message, & which app was it replying too (whatsapp, sms, etc)? There is a setting under Advanced Settings to change the reply frequency, it defaults to 15 minutes meaning it'll auto reply to any NEW messages you receive from the same contact or app after 15 minutes.

If you have a better idea about how reply frequency should work I'm all ears :D Maybe people want the option to reply to 1 contact 1 time ever, until the app is switched off?

Reactions: nbas and SRSCAA

sumotori1

Jan 11, 2015
Huddersfield
Interesting application buddy. Love the opening animations.

One thing I found annoying, is that for almost anything I changed, there was no "Save" button. Thus I had to first click "Back" arrow and then a prompt would ask if I want to save or discard. Could have used only a single click if there was a "Save" button. :D

Also, there needs to be some modification for the secondary text field, e.g. Apps Secondary or Advanced Secondary. ;)

ticktock666

Feb 20, 2010
Sounds nice, gonna give it a whirl

I joined the beta program through the app in the store instead of the link in the op, is it ok? Since that was a browser redirect and sign in page, so i just took a shortcut.

Reactions: crazyfool_1

crazyfool_1

Nov 25, 2010
Does this (can this) work with Facebook Messenger?
It should work with any apps that support quick reply from their notifications so while I've not tested it with FB messenger, in theory it should work ?
Text field box should read, TAP to edit. Not TO to edit :)
?? gotta love some placeholder text haha thanks for the heads up!
Interesting application buddy. Love the opening animations.

One thing I found annoying, is that for almost anything I changed, there was no "Save" button. Thus I had to first click "Back" arrow and then a prompt would ask if I want to save or discard. Could have used only a single click if there was a "Save" button. :D

Also, there needs to be some modification for the secondary text field, e.g. Apps Secondary or Advanced Secondary. ;)
You're totally right - will add a save button in the next release ?
How would you know who had joined the beta, though? When I click the "Become a tester" button on the play store, does it send my email to the developer?
That's an excellent point - tbh the app actually left beta yesterday & I'd actually forgot to remove that caption from the OP ?

However since it was mentioned in the Portal post more people have downloaded & I'm guessing that's a big part of the reason so I'll honour that commitment.

Let's say.. anyone who's commented on the thread or liked the OP I'll send a promo code to. Anyone left hanging in 2 weeks (when the trial expires) will hopefully email me & they'll get one too. Unless anyone has a better way to go about it? ?
after I have enabled Notification Access, it is consuming 310MB RAM in a 3GB RAM Device, is it normal?
Mi Note 3 Running Android 8.
Tbh mate I've not looked at RAM usage at all seeing as the app does nothing in the background whatsoever - until you receive a notification/SMS etc.. although judging by my other app ReadItToMe that sounds about right.

I'll do some testing but unless it's causing you an issue I wouldn't worry :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using XDA-Developers Legacy app

bagarwa

Feb 18, 2012
Bothell
play.google.com
That's an excellent point - tbh the app actually left beta yesterday & I'd actually forgot to remove that caption from the OP ?

However since it was mentioned in the Portal post more people have downloaded & I'm guessing that's a big part of the reason so I'll honour that commitment.

Let's say.. anyone who's commented on the thread or liked the OP I'll send a promo code to. Anyone left hanging in 2 weeks (when the trial expires) will hopefully email me & they'll get one too. Unless anyone has a better way to go about it? ?
That's very noble of you. :good: Can you please PM me one of those promo codes?