Search This thread

kspearrin

Nov 12, 2016
bitwarden.com
FSVJlnR.png

Bitwarden - Free & open source password manager for all of your devices

Download .apk directly

Description
Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.

Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.

Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.

Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.

Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.

Screenshots
IjTWSBd.png
QQYqr5z.png
kEsUvht.png
vJefEyv.png
vD7VdH2.png
LnpGAUk.png

Source Code
Check bitwarden out on GitHub.

More
Learn more about bitwarden on our product website https://bitwarden.com

Beta Testing
Try out the latest features! Join the bitwarden beta testing program on Google Play here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.x8bit.bitwarden

Last edited:

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for opening a thread on XDA.
I'm waiting for a few features before leaving Lastpass.
Keep it up! You have already done an awesome job!

LudoGris

Feb 11, 2009
New Hampshire
How close are you to the accessibility service and allowing automatic filling in of apps and internet like LastPass does? This is basically what I am waiting for and that is it.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
I've just read your email for the Kickstarter compaign and I'm willing to pay for the Early Backer Lifetime Premium Membership.
As you explain on HN, bitwarden is sponsored by the Microsoft BizSpark program. So could you give more explanations? For how long is it sponsored by Microsoft? What could happen if you don't reach $49,000?

My main worries are Auto-fill for Android and Independant security audits. Do you plan annual audits of the whole source code?

I dont really understand this point:
Operations. Growing bitwarden requires investment to accelerate product feature development and power our secure product servers.
Servers are managed by Microsoft Azure? Do you want to leave Microsoft and increase your server access/storage?
Did you ever consider using other services than the one provided by Microsoft ('a GAFAM')?

French translation done ;)

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Can you also explain, why you (bitwarden) over established brands like LastPass and Dashlane?
I can at least say that bitwarden is fully open source, the main reason why I will probably stop using LastPass.
Kyle (kspearrin) takes into account users feedbacks and seems to be opened to suggestions. AFAIK it's as secure as LastPass.

kspearrin

Nov 12, 2016
bitwarden.com
I've just read your email for the Kickstarter compaign and I'm willing to pay for the Early Backer Lifetime Premium Membership.
As you explain on HN, bitwarden is sponsored by the Microsoft BizSpark program. So could you give more explanations? For how long is it sponsored by Microsoft? What could happen if you don't reach $49,000?

My main worries are Auto-fill for Android and Independant security audits. Do you plan annual audits of the whole source code?

I dont really understand this point:
Servers are managed by Microsoft Azure? Do you want to leave Microsoft and increase your server access/storage?
Did you ever consider using other services than the one provided by Microsoft ('a GAFAM')?

French translation done ;)

Our current sponsorship lasts for 2.5 more years, however, this sponsorship is not infinite. As bitwarden grows larger we will outgrow the sponsorship and need additional investment. We are not anywhere near our ceiling on this yet though.

If we do not reach our goal, I will still continue working on the project and the features outlined. That is not in question. Things just might move at a much slower pace than I would like since I have other obligations that prevent me from doing this full-time.

Leaving Azure is not in question at the moment. It works well and supports our needs.

Thanks again for your french translations!

jerryn70

Mar 15, 2012
Why we need to add seperate login details for app and it's site ?
If I add xda app login details to bitwarden, then when I visit xda site, again I need to add the login details to bitwarden.

In lastpass we need to enter only one. If we add app login details, when we visit it's website it will auto detect the details.

Reactions: icrunchbanger

icrunchbanger

Jun 2, 2015
Belgrade
Why we need to add seperate login details for app and it's site ?
If I add xda app login details to bitwarden, then when I visit xda site, again I need to add the login details to bitwarden.

In lastpass we need to enter only one. If we add app login details, when we visit it's website it will auto detect the details.

Yep that is a mess.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

@kspearrin you have a wonderful app here. Switched from keepassx. Using it via chrome extension and android app. Issues that i found: double pass for android and web and accessibility services does not work on Chrome Dev on 7.1.1
Keep up the good work and thanks!

kspearrin

Nov 12, 2016
bitwarden.com
@jerryn70 @icrunchbanger I've added some improvements to autofill that is now in beta to test:

1. Added two groups of logins in the autofill listing: matching logins and possible matching logins.
- Matching logins are the results from the way the current version works (complete matches).
- Possible matching logins are ones were the app tries to make a guess based on the reverse domain of the package name on an app. For example, `androidapp://com.google.plus` will match `https://google.com`. A warning alert is shown whenever you select a possible matching login for autofill since it is possible to exploit this method.

2. Added ability to search your full vault to select anything for the autofill.

Get the beta here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.x8bit.bitwarden

Let me know any feedback and I'll plan on publishing this soon.

Reactions: icrunchbanger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FSVJlnR.png

Bitwarden - Free & open source password manager for all of your devices

Download .apk directly

Description
    Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices.

Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.

Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.

Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.

Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.

Screenshots
    IjTWSBd.png
    QQYqr5z.png
    kEsUvht.png
    vJefEyv.png
    vD7VdH2.png
    LnpGAUk.png

Source Code
    Check bitwarden out on GitHub.

More
    Learn more about bitwarden on our product website https://bitwarden.com

Beta Testing
    Try out the latest features! Join the bitwarden beta testing program on Google Play here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.x8bit.bitwarden
    Updated to v1.14.1

- Combined "Favorites" tab into "My Vault"
    - Password Generator now in main navigation tabs
    - Updated UI with more material design elements
    - New languages
    - Performance improvements
    - Bug fixes
    Version 1.15.2

- Fully manage custom fields
    - Ability to store multiple URIs per login
    - Login URI match detection options for:
    * Base domain (default)
    * Host
    * Exact
    * Starts with
    * Regular expression
    * Never
    - Android adaptive icon
    - Languages updates
    - Bug fixes
    Updated with version 1.12.2

- Store new types of items in your vault: secure notes, credit cards, and identities.
    - Website icons in your vault
    - Bug fixes
    - Language updates
    Also, since I missed v1.13.0 release notes:

- Collections now available in My Vault
    - Collapsed view of collections and folders now the default for My Vault
    - Support for Android Oreo Autofill Framework