[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Is there any way to get the bromite system webview to work on marshmallow when I install it, the webview doesn't work any app that needs it just says that the app has stopped working

Alright so my webview implementation is com.google.android.webview how do I change the implementation to com.android.webview so bromite can work this is the issue of why I'm not able to get bromite to function...

Does anybody understand what he did here to get bromite working on Android 6 if anybody could do this solution for me that he's speaks of in this github it would greatly be appreciated

Why was ad blocking removed from bromite system webview in the newest releases....

Alright guys what's the difference between the android system webview and bromite what's the benefits of using bromite system webview over Android system webview... Opinions

Opinions Facts :

The idea of installing Bromite SystemWebView is to have all apps (and Android itself) use Bromite's features as well.

The SystemWebView has had adblocking capabilities from version 72.0.3626.120 up to 76.0.3809.129; current version no more has such capabilities.

https://github.com/bromite/bromite/wiki/Installing-SystemWebView

There's all you need to know about Bromite's WebView, including a disclaimer about support for installing it.

Now, please, if you have legitimate issues for development, open the corresponding ticket over at GitHub.

Reactions: custon3

PoochyX

Oct 23, 2016
Opinions Facts :

https://github.com/bromite/bromite/wiki/Installing-SystemWebView

There's all you need to know about Bromite's WebView, including a disclaimer about support for installing it.

Now, please, if you have legitimate issues for development, open the corresponding ticket over at GitHub.

I got it installed..
Had to patch framework res so it would support package com.android.webview instead of com.google.android.webview for system webview

([emoji3590]09-09-18[emoji3590])

Ulf3000

Aug 7, 2014
can somone please compile bromite but so it identifies as

com.google.chrome

i would like to use it with osmgo, maps go and other apps which ask for chrome to be installed

ouzowtf

Sep 8, 2010
can somone please compile bromite but so it identifies as

com.google.chrome

i would like to use it with osmgo, maps go and other apps which ask for chrome to be installed
I just learned about and tested OSM Go and there's not even a Chromium based browser required as I see it.

Ulf3000

Aug 7, 2014
I just learned about and tested OSM Go and there's not even a Chromium based browser required as I see it.

closes and shows toast message:

please install chrome stable 72 or later

edit: newer version works with other brothers ...

still the point was to use bromite instead of chrome for webe apps which ask for chrome

Last edited:

pupsidze

May 15, 2016
Guys, I cannot install Bromite System Webview. I follow the manual on github but after reboot nothing appears in Settings->Developer options->Webview Implementation....it is blank....if I install Webview from playstore, it appears there but not Bromite Webview. OS is Lineage 14.1 (7.1.2). Any ideas how to fix it?

Adrian1983xda

Feb 23, 2019
Guys, because if I install Bromite, I'm going to settings> about> second line the name of the gold device that is not mine appears!

Do you understand my question? My phone is a Xiaomi mi 9 TPro and there is another model of another brand!

It is normal? It's okay?

glavinstone

Feb 12, 2013
Guys, because if I install Bromite, I'm going to settings> about> second line the name of the gold device that is not mine appears!

Do you understand my question? My phone is a Xiaomi mi 9 TPro and there is another model of another brand!

It is normal? It's okay?
Bromite conceals device model and browser version via fixed user agent. So it's normal and one of bromite's feature.

_Switch_On

Mar 10, 2018
Fingerprinting and webgl option in chrome://flags toogling to enable (leaking browser fingerprinting) everytime after updating bromite browser. Luckly, there is reset button. Is it just me or anyone experience same issue?

NamitNayan

Feb 11, 2017
@csagan5 it looks like the YouTube background playback feature broke in the latest release, it was working fine a couple of versions ago (iirc).
It was quite handy, (maybe not privacy related but...)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone