[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

iPAQ 6515a User

Mar 24, 2008
DF
Guys, I cannot install Bromite System Webview. I follow the manual on github but after reboot nothing appears in Settings->Developer options->Webview Implementation....it is blank....if I install Webview from playstore, it appears there but not Bromite Webview. OS is Lineage 14.1 (7.1.2). Any ideas how to fix it?
Install AnyWebView from Xposed Depository

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
Seems like Bromite Webview does not work on Android 10

I tried this on followmsi's Lineage 17 build (20191107) for Pixel C. For some reasons Bromite WebView would not register on Android Q. It will not show up in the available WebView implementations list. This is tested using both NanoDroid BromiteWebView module (22.5, which is already aware of the new path) as well as replacing the apk manually in the system/product/app.

Not sure whether it's compatible now or not, as I tested this only a few weeks ago (when the Lineage 17 build I mentioned just came out). If the problem is not on your end, I'll look into Android Q's source to see what might have caused it, and if the Lineage 17 build in question might be causing it, I'll report the issue there instead.

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
@csagan5 it looks like the YouTube background playback feature broke in the latest release, it was working fine a couple of versions ago (iirc).
It was quite handy, (maybe not privacy related but...)

Use the desktop site switch and leave it on desktop. The video will keep playing in the background.

Edit : Just read the new changelog and the problem was fixed. Still prefer my tip, gives you the fully functional site. ( And background playing on most browsers, not just Bromite. )

Last edited:

NamitNayan

Feb 11, 2017
Use the desktop site switch and leave it on desktop. The video will keep playing in the background.

Edit : Just read the new changelog and the problem was fixed. Still prefer my tip, gives you the fully functional site. ( And background playing on most browsers, not just Bromite. )
I know this.
But it's convenient if enabled by default.
(Managing the desktop mode ui can be difficult sometimes.)
Thanks though.

Last edited:

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
This flag apparently doesn't exist anymore :

chrome://flags/#disable-pull-to-refresh-effect

Anybody knows of any other way to disable this extremely intrusive, web-breaking behaviour ?

TIA.

Edit : Maybe it's me, the devices I handle, my hands... But the fact is it keeps getting triggered when it shouldn't. It's annoying when it reloads a page, but it is straight up damaging when it reloads a web application and destroys an ongoing process and / or causes loss of data.

Last edited:

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org

udin82

Nov 24, 2016

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-05-01-53-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-05-01-53-34.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_2019-12-05-02-00-59.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-05-02-00-59.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

udin82

Nov 24, 2016

MasterUK

Oct 30, 2015
Open via bromite 78******105
On dns over https flags - google dns

What doesn't load its the video web player with the live tv channel transmission

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

after enabling DoH on privacy options and save without URL the browser will crash without the option to modify that setting.
The only options its clear the storage for the APP which means lost all the history, etc.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Hello.\

I created the issue 384 and was closed because it didn't have the template. Then I created the issue 386 with the template but it was closed duplicated.

https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/386

thanks

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
Is there any reason why the latest update still isn't on the f-droid repo?
It should be updated now.

after enabling DoH on privacy options and save without URL the browser will crash without the option to modify that setting.
The only options its clear the storage for the APP which means lost all the history, etc.
I have created issue https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/430 to track this problem.

I created the issue 384 and was closed because it didn't have the template. Then I created the issue 386 with the template but it was closed duplicated.

https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/386
Perhaps you have not seen the comment in issue 384 which is there since October 15th: https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/384#issuecomment-542408991

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone