[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
I don't know which settings i checked but Bromite opens in Incognito mode always which is perfect with me. However the home page does not have any options to pin websites. Is it possible to do this.
Is it also possible that in normal mode all the data can be cleared on exit?

carlos974

May 18, 2016
Saint-Denis
I don't know which settings i checked but Bromite opens in Incognito mode always which is perfect with me. However the home page does not have any options to pin websites. Is it possible to do this.

In private browsing use favorites (little star)
To erase data -> settings -> privacy

jesrani

Mar 29, 2011
Mumbai
In private browsing use favorites (little star)
To erase data -> settings -> privacy
In private browsing mode the star button seems to be disabled.
To erase data everytime through settings - privacy takes more time. Is it possible to have an option to clear all data on exit, or have a dialog Box like Opera when exiting
Is it also possible to have a home page in private mode?

dfight

Nov 18, 2012
there is no speed dial option like kiwi.
But I found a stupid way to quick add shortcut icon to the bromite home page.
Just copy url and go to home page and paste it to url bar then enter.
And you can see your shortcut appear in bromite home page.
This way will fail while clean cache&dalvik or something else.
My speed dial all gone and only default shortcut exit after I wipe cache maybe.

Last edited:

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
bromite is an awesome app, thank you csagan5 and all the contributors. Using github bromite arm_ChromePublic.apk in rooted LOS 14.1 (android nougat 7.1.2):

(1) How to check which version of adblock filters.dat is actually currently installed in bromite 83.0.4103.76 in my device (the website shows the version is 2020-05-20 09:07:35+02:00 as of today). chrome://version does not show it, neither do "Adblock settings" or "about bromite" in "Settings".
You can check with adb logcat for the AdBlock log entries.

(2) Command-line switches (https www chromium org / developers / how-tos / run-chromium-with-flags) dont seem to be applied sometimes when starting bromite, as seen in chrome://version. Instead, the packaged settings seem to be applied sometimes. Is there a way to consistently make bromite always use the specified command-line-switches ? thank you.
You need to make a bug report on GitHub about the specific flags.

In last version Bromite v83.0.4103.76 for arm64 Chrome Duet doesnt work in Home-Search-Tab Switcher Variant.
And i have question- if i want to connect to website which is not secure due to certification(err_cert_authority_invalid) in other browser i just can select advance and get in on my risk, how to do it in bromite?
This issue has been fixed recently.

Interesting development regarding extensions in Chromium for Android :

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1074710
Good news, I hope more patches are upstreamed.

Hey guys, hope you guys are doing great.I just wanted to know few things, How can I export data from bromite, data like bookmarks and passwords, its been a problem for me.
You can import and export bookmarks.

With next release you can either enable history in incognito mode, or have all cookies cleared on exit.

In private browsing mode the star button seems to be disabled.
To erase data everytime through settings - privacy takes more time. Is it possible to have an option to clear all data on exit, or have a dialog Box like Opera when exiting
Is it also possible to have a home page in private mode?
Not possible, but starting from next release you can enable history in incognito mode.

cbendot

Mar 11, 2019
Bandung
I have been facing a weird bug for the last couple of builds. Web pages just freeze while browsing and I can no longer scroll. If I close and reopen Bromite, it starts working again.

same issue but this happens not only in bromite, maybe all chromium based get the same issue for now, I tried from chrome, kiwi, official chromium, chromium vanilla from bromite. still get the same issue and it happens in almost all the custom rom that I use.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone