[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

Rajawi04

Jul 16, 2019
Thank you so much for your hard work, I'm very happy with this browser, but the webview version doesn't work well for me, I see bromite webview in "Developer options" but when I test it with "webview test app" I see my real user agent, the only change is the version of my default webview to the one of bromite, it was working great in Abdroid Pie. I'm using Bootleggers Android Q

sindamc

Nov 19, 2009
Amadora
Is there a way to install bromite webview on a device in 4.4.4 and without /system/app/webview/ folder? If so how can we achieve it? Did someone managed to do this? I really need my system to be able to render pages better.

Hope someone can help.

Benterries

Nov 18, 2020
I have started an open source project to support Chromium + custom patches for adblocking:

https://www.bromite.org/

What is Bromite?
Bromite is Chromium plus ad blocking and privacy enhancements; it started as a port of NoChromo and nowadays adds more privacy-focused patches and is maintained against the latest stable Chromium.

Development & donations
Please join the development on Github for improvements.
Donations are welcome and help supporting development and build server costs!

Download & availability
Bromite is available for download from the Bromite Official website, which points to the Github Releases for all the downloads, and via the official third-party F-Droid repository.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Does Bromite support Google Sync, Translate or Data saver?
No. This is not a limitation of Bromite but of all Chromium-based projects in general, as general public is not allowed to use Google's APIs for free unless when using Chrome.

Q. Does Bromite require root?
No.

Q. What is the SystemWebView?
It is the core component of Android for all web page visualizations. For example when you access a new wifi network and need to activate it, that is using the SystemWebView. If you do not know what it is then you do not need to install it.

How to enable DNS-over-HTTPS?
See this wiki page.

Q. Can you add dark mode/some cool themes?
No.
Bromite is about adblocking and privacy.

For other F.A.Q.s see https://github.com/bromite/bromite/blob/master/README.md#faq

Resources

Social/discussion platforms

In the news

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: the author (@csagan5) is not posting frequently on these forums, for official information about Bromite refer to the official website and Github project.

Interesting idea and would love to give it a try but that file size.

MasterUK

Oct 30, 2015
Is google using their dominat position with this webpage?
It works on chrome but not in bromite or Firefox
Billie.withyoutube.com

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Is google using their dominat position with this webpage?
It works on chrome but not in bromite or Firefox
Billie.withyoutube.com

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone