• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013

You're done? I'm sorry you're so irritated by my attempt to help you. You provided another oversized screenshot expecting people to read it and write down details so they can follow and try to help instead of providing text which they can cut and paste in addition to the images being too big and you not offering any description. Log it or it didn't happen.

[EDIT] On the other hand, this is a sort of amusing. As annoying as it is I zoomed into the screenshot and looked at every detail I could find. Of course I did not write down the links and follow them. I can see no reason based on the visible detail why that ticket would be considered legitimate. Maybe there's more detail available in the ticket or in those links but only someone very self-entitled would expect others to manually write that down to follow up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramanoid

Hitti2

Got amp blocked using firefox nightly for android with regular google search UI and logged in and addons listed below. Works wonders. Dumbass amp. Dont know how but I always find a solution on my own, guess i am that good.
Ublock origin
Privacy badger
Noscript
Google search fixer
Screenshot_20210710-093412_Firefox Nightly.jpg

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Got amp blocked using firefox nightly for android with regular google search UI and logged in and addons listed below. Works wonders. Dumbass amp. Dont know how but I always find a solution on my own, guess i am that good.
Ublock origin
Privacy badger
Noscript
Google search fixer
View attachment 5358903

You do know Firefox Nightly has trackers, including, ironically, Google's Firebase, right ? Reporting everything you do with it. ( If you want a clean Firefox, use F-Droid's build. )

Look, I have no idea why GitHub doesn't work for you, and I also offered you a workaround, using a better, safer, search engine. Makes no sense that Google does something you want to avoid, and you don't use the alternative.

The developer replies to issues on GitHub, not here.

Hitti2

You do know Firefox Nightly has trackers, including, ironically, Google's Firebase, right ? Reporting everything you do with it. ( If you want a clean Firefox, use F-Droid's build. )

Look, I have no idea why GitHub doesn't work for you, and I also offered you a workaround, using a better, safer, search engine. Makes no sense that Google does something you want to avoid, and you don't use the alternative.

The developer replies to issues on GitHub, not here.
I really dont care about trackers, i care for getting to the website for a solution "not amp" w ith its full link in which amp interfered with me trying to help someone for change right click on windows 11 to classic right click, yesterday.

I help others where i find solutions to problems.

Just like above, if someone has bromite, uses google and hates amp, they now have a solution. Uninstall brite and work with the solution i gave.

If bromite and gitdontworkhub actually worked, this would have been avoided.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Was bromite, i uninstalled bromite and found a solution. Right on!

I'm sorry no. You never established anything as a Bromite issue. Perhaps it was but that was not established. Again, if you choose to find an alternate solution instead of providing the requested information to help fix something then it did not happen in the eyes of development in general.

Hitti2

I'm sorry no. You never established anything as a Bromite issue. Perhaps it was but that was not established. Again, if you choose to find an alternate solution instead of providing the requested information to help fix something then it did not happen in the eyes of development in general.
I dont know what your talking about, sound like a robottttt.

Anyhow i uploaded many screenshots of bromite not blocking amp pages, not my fault you cannot view them!

Good luck with bromite and gitdontworkhub 😁

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Anyhow i uploaded many screenshots

Again and again and again, screen shots rarely stand alone as a bug reports especially when logs are specifically requested, the screenshots you provided did not indicate causality from bromite, and you refuse to provide the requisite information. There is still no testable evidence supporting your claim, just unreasonable expectations regarding bug reports.

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Interestingly I didn't really notice the adblock was failing as apparently it did in the last version. Yay for comprehensive ( some call it paranoid ) protection on every level. System hosts, DNS provider, avoiding known web offenders, etc.

On the other hand, I couldn't realize there WAS a problem.

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
Hello, can anyone tell what is the latest version with possibility switch tabs grid to old layout. I am now on latest 92.0.4515.125....and nothing works because this function was fully disabled by google :(

Top Liked Posts