[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

lottarake

Dec 14, 2010
Manchester
OnePlus 8T
It's probably OOS 9.0.4 on OnePlus 6 doesn't use webview. You can see page 155-156 or bromite's wiki. There's a clue there.

You can enable webview once you disable chrome on OOS. I'm on 9.0.12 on the 6T, but regardless of enabling it, I havent been able to replace it with Bromite's version. Going through the normal process on another phone doesn't seem to apply to OOS.

zputnyq

Apr 19, 2013
You can enable webview once you disable chrome on OOS. I'm on 9.0.12 on the 6T, but regardless of enabling it, I havent been able to replace it with Bromite's version. Going through the normal process on another phone doesn't seem to apply to OOS.
I have no idea, about it.

abelenki

Jan 8, 2012
Perm
lowtrucks.net

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
csagan5, thanks for adding back those filters. Bromite now blocks all ads again.

You're welcome, but it's coincidental. I found other issues with the AdGuard filters (namely the not open process to update them).

The adblock engine in this version should be faster than previous ones, people which have had slow/stuttering effects on scrolling could try again to see if anything has improved.

G

GuestK00235

You're welcome, but it's coincidental. I found other issues with the AdGuard filters (namely the not open process to update them).

The adblock engine in this version should be faster than previous ones, people which have had slow/stuttering effects on scrolling could try again to see if anything has improved.

I still have stuttering on my device, but can feel smoother scrolling.

G

GuestD0535

Have you ever considered building in the Energized filters? I've found them to be top notch in Blokada and UBlock Origin.

https://github.com/AdroitAdorKhan/Energized

https://github.com/AdroitAdorKhan/Energized/blob/master/README.md

thanhnvt194

Feb 21, 2015
Vancouver
With latest webview i facing problem with log in to some app like twitch, switch back to Android system webview then i can log in normaly. Is there any changes in latest realase cause this? Because i never face that issue in previous versions of bromite webview.

Lifear

Jan 24, 2007
In standard Google on the Desktop the bookmarks seems to be stored at "%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default" as "Bookmarks" file. I can sync that file automatically to my private storage (WebDAV, SFTP or SMB) and sync that private storage with my phone. So that files is automatically available to my phone also. Is it possible that Bromite could use that synced file for bookmarking? I didnt have rooted my phone.

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone