[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Noticed a strange, but good, oddity today. Setting up yet another ROM with Bromite webview. The apkmirror app (from F-Droid) had no ads in it, just an empty box with the word Advertisement. I didn't yet have AdAway up and running so I expected to see ads.
Curious so opened the apkmirror site in Webview Browser Tester (included with GZOSP ROM) and there were no ads. Went to a couple of news sites, guaranteed to have a bunch of ads, but there were none.
In the past folks have asked if the webview blocked ads which I believe it did not. Has that changed? If it hasn't I've got ad-eating gremlins in my system. [emoji16]

Moto G5s Plus XT1806, GZOSP v1.1, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

BaronKrause

Mar 3, 2016
it wasn't what I thought it was. just the interface is dark not the actual websites :(

hey @csagan5 any chance we get night mode like kiwi?

also downloads from fdroid working OK for me.

Normal Browser Dark Mode is the "Android Chrome UI dark mode" flag, which makes the theme itself dark like can be done on the desktop browser. What your thinking is the "Android web contents dark mode" flag, which alters the actual web content to be dark as well, but it is buggy as some pictures will be negated in color.

If your messing with flags, the combination of "Chrome Duet", "Android Chrome UI dark mode" and "Tab Grid Layout" is excellent. That enables all the new UI features that are currently being tested on Chrome Canary.

Tommytommy1234

Oct 3, 2015
It's more like a suggestion but can you add the feature that delete automatically cookies and site settings after we quit the browsing? Everything else is smooth so far. No ads, fast and stable. No complains!

fitittome

Jan 6, 2017
Cardiff
Proof of concept exploit on Chrome for Android.
Call me a Luddite but I really do think that browsers in general have become far to complex. I often feel that, from a privacy perspective, what is needed is something akin to version one Netscape. Just a plain old HTML browser, almost like the visually impaired would use. I dunno, just thinking out loud. lol.

Last edited:

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
Call me a Luddite but I really do think that browsers in general have become far to complex. I often feel that, from a privacy perspective, what is needed is something akin to version one Netscape. Just a plain old HTML browser, almost like the visually impaired would use. I dunno, just thinking out loud. lol.

Chrome OS is literally a browser-become-OS...

DeAdLyV!RuS

Mar 18, 2016
Leeds
When i sign into my google account on Bromite browser my phone is seen as a One plus 6 when it is actually a S10+, going into Bromite settings & then about, it has Android 9 ONEPLUS A6000, Is there any security risks to worry about...

G

GuestK00235

When i sign into my google account on Bromite browser my phone is seen as a One plus 6 when it is actually a S10+, going into Bromite settings & then about, it has Android 9 ONEPLUS A6000, Is there any security risks to worry about...

The browser uses a fingerprint spoofing method so that each and everyone who uses Bromite will appear to be using a Oneplus 6 while in reality we use different devices.

Google thinks you have a OP6 when you use Bromite to sign into your Google account because the browser's fingerprint tells the sign-in page that you are using OP6, While you use whatever device you use bromite on.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
The browser uses a fingerprint spoofing method so that each and everyone who uses Bromite will appear to be using a Oneplus 6 while in reality we use different devices.

Not everyone actually. My devices will show up as various Samsung models mostly. Sometimes they're different between ROMs (multiboot). My Moto sometimes appears as a FIG-LX3. Not even sure what phone that is. [emoji16]

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, /e/ 0.5-n ROM, microG (NoGapps), Multiboot, XDA Legacy

Reactions: Sapper Morton

dyingbread

Apr 7, 2012
Semarang
Is this how multitab view looks like in the latest version? Or maybe I did something with my bromite? Usually there was a screenshot of the web pages, but mine is gone now. Anyone knows how to change it back?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190501-214633_Bromite.png
    Screenshot_20190501-214633_Bromite.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 350

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone