[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
He used to, but then the thread got overrun with dumb questions.

Bromite is no more on XDA Labs because XDA Labs does still not support (as far as I know) multi-arch, and other issues (lack of automation for the releases etc); I was in contact with the XDA Labs devs about this but there were no replies or feedback for months.

The preferred channel to get updates is the dedicated F-Droid repository: https://www.bromite.org/fdroid

The.Zer0.#

Oct 22, 2018
Yes i know and i have already registered it to my fdroid client but i font work for me ,fdroid just crashes when i tap install on bromite app, so i was asking that if it can be done.
Thanku for giving ur precious time in reading and answering my query .

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Bromite is no more on XDA Labs because XDA Labs does still not support (as far as I know) multi-arch, and other issues (lack of automation for the releases etc); I was in contact with the XDA Labs devs about this but there were no replies or feedback for months.

The preferred channel to get updates is the dedicated F-Droid repository: https://www.bromite.org/fdroid
Okay Sir,
Thanku for giving ur precious time in reading and answering my query.

Tisckkytt

Jun 30, 2018
@csagan5 I know you said you're not going to add any feature that's not privacy related or any visual tweaks, but is there any chance that you add chrome extension support for Bromite like kiwi did? Want to know what's your thought on that. Thanks

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
fdroid just crashes when i tap install on bromite app
You have to report the bug to the F-Droid client issue tracker.

@csagan5 I know you said you're not going to add any feature that's not privacy related or any visual tweaks, but is there any chance that you add chrome extension support for Bromite like kiwi did? Want to know what's your thought on that. Thanks
Feel free to submit patches for the extensions support; I am not committing to develop any of them.

ouzowtf

Sep 8, 2010
Since I can not login to GitHub at the moment to create a new issue with the issue template (error: What?! Your browser did something unexpected. Please contact us if the problem persists.) I post it here:
I think the ua string should be updated. Currently we use a Chrome v71 string and showing such an old version has two disadvantages:

1) fingerprinting will be easier, because Chrome is for the majority of users updated automatically and on the newest version, we can not hide between them and become more unique
2) sites checking for version numbers to check if they can use specific functions start to send error messages that the browser is too old and content will not be delivered

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
Since I can not login to GitHub at the moment to create a new issue with the issue template (error: What?! Your browser did something unexpected. Please contact us if the problem persists.) I post it here:
I think the ua string should be updated. Currently we use a Chrome v71 string and showing such an old version has two disadvantages:

1) fingerprinting will be easier, because Chrome is for the majority of users updated automatically and on the newest version, we can not hide between them and become more unique
2) sites checking for version numbers to check if they can use specific functions start to send error messages that the browser is too old and content will not be delivered

See https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/156#issuecomment-445454173

Sites doing (2) should use feature detection; feature detection has been suggested as the best practice for the last ~20 years or so.

Saelfos Emaka

Jan 29, 2015
Syria
Is it possible to remove white space when ads are blocked ?
Hope you reply ,because this my third time asking about this with no reply..
If this not possible just tell me it is not because of this or that ..
Thank you

SgtDork

Jul 14, 2017
Anyone else getting this error with the latest update on fdroid? Have tried clearing fdroid cache but no luck.

Thoughts? 804900414.jpg

Reactions: automatisms

automatisms

May 9, 2016
Anyone else getting this error with the latest update on fdroid? Have tried clearing fdroid cache but no luck.

Thoughts?
Yea I was getting this as well however after downloading the appropriate apk from the latest release (76.0.3809.85) on GitHub it installed fine. Not too sure what the issue is with the F-Droid repo (I’ve never experienced any such error before with F-Droid) but the issue has already been reported on GitHub as issue #344 so it can be followed up there. Developer has requested an appropriate F-Droid logcat there to determine what’s going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: zputnyq

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Hiding blank spaces, blocks nothing.
LOL, he knows that.
You are aware that he is asking if the empty/blank areas from the removed ads can also be removed. You ever been at a page with a lot of blocked ads but the space occupied by those ads are still there? An annoyance, especially when there's quite a few scattered throughout an article.
The ad blocker MinMinGuard, f.i., attempts to remove said blank spaces. That's all he's asking, whether the dev will or will not consider such an "enhancement" to the ad blocking.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, Validus 8.1.0, microG-NanoDroid, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone