[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

ouzowtf

Sep 8, 2010
LOL, he knows that.
You are aware that he is asking if the empty/blank areas from the removed ads can also be removed. You ever been at a page with a lot of blocked ads but the space occupied by those ads are still there? An annoyance, especially when there's quite a few scattered throughout an article.
The ad blocker MinMinGuard, f.i., attempts to remove said blank spaces. That's all he's asking, whether the dev will or will not consider such an "enhancement" to the ad blocking.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, Validus 8.1.0, microG-NanoDroid, MultiROM, XDA Legacy
And hiding white space is a cosmetic thing :silly:

NamitNayan

Feb 11, 2017
LOL, he knows that.
You are aware that he is asking if the empty/blank areas from the removed ads can also be removed. You ever been at a page with a lot of blocked ads but the space occupied by those ads are still there? An annoyance, especially when there's quite a few scattered throughout an article.
The ad blocker MinMinGuard, f.i., attempts to remove said blank spaces. That's all he's asking, whether the dev will or will not consider such an "enhancement" to the ad blocking.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, Validus 8.1.0, microG-NanoDroid, MultiROM, XDA Legacy
hope so.
no,or maybe they never annoyed me much.(use kiwi but with it's AdBlock disabled,and host based adblocking.)
I think Dev answered before he won't have the feature.(or probably the readme file has that info too.)
Can't say about current instance.

Reactions: marcdw

Dyt199412syam

Apr 17, 2016
Makassar
I cannot delete my search history even after delete it in the settings, so i try to use duckduckgo, but it is still displays my search terms. I think there is a security issue in both DDG and bromite. @csagan5 please look inti it!

Edit:
I solve the problem, just clear the browser data and start to using always incognito and my problem solved. Nevermind and thanks for the great browser app. Cheers!!

Last edited:

mGforCe

Dec 3, 2007
Mumbai
Query : Bromite & IDM+ integration

Hello Fellow Users of Bromite,

A query... is there a way to integrate bromite with IDM+/other download manager in Android.

Say, when we download files in bromite, there is no option to download via download manager, IDM+ etc. Whereas all browsers like Firefox etc give this option.

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Hello Fellow Users of Bromite,

A query... is there a way to integrate bromite with IDM+/other download manager in Android.

Say, when we download files in bromite, there is no option to download via download manager, IDM+ etc. Whereas all browsers like Firefox etc give this option.
Integration would be nice as I'm so used to clicking a link and having options how to download. That said, I use Advanced Download Manager whose service is running. Long press a link and choose to copy link address automatically brings up ADM's dialog. Works most of the time except for some downloads behind buttons or whatnot.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, AospExtended v5.5 ROM, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Reactions: TiTiB

lopman

Jul 19, 2011
Hi guys

I want to change the default download location. I tried in the settings but the choice is locked at the download folder and I tried looking at the chrome flags for the Enable downloads location change but without any luck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Tommytommy1234

Oct 3, 2015
Hi guys

I want to change the default download location. I tried in the settings but the choice is locked at the download folder and I tried looking at the chrome flags for the Enable downloads location change but without any luck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Enable in Bromite settings> Downloads>"ask where to save files" and should work now.

Tommytommy1234

Oct 3, 2015
I tried this I only have the option to select the downloads folder.
That's strange. Try to reinstall bromite. Is should be like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190815-090935_Bromite_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20190815-090935_Bromite_1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 243

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I tried this I only have the option to select the downloads folder.

I see what you mean. Even though I'm not on Bromite proper right now, I also don't get the option to select a location with v76. To be honest I haven't checked recent previous versions as I always use a download manager. I'll have to check the other ROMs running Bromite/Chromium.

IMG_20190817_043651.jpg

IMG_20190817_043807.jpg

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, /e/OS 0.7-n ROM, microG (NoGapps), XDA Legacy

Last edited:

lopman

Jul 19, 2011
I see what you mean. Even though I'm not on Bromite proper right now, I also don't get the option to select a location with v76. To be honest I haven't checked recent previous versions as I always use a download manager. I'll have to check the other ROMs running Bromite.

ZTE Axon 7 A2017U, /e/OS 0.7-n ROM, microG (NoGapps), XDA Legacy

Yes this is exactly what I get. I've tried previous versions but still the same option.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone