[APP] [4.4+] Bromite - Chromium plus adblocking

Search This thread

Adrian1983xda

Feb 23, 2019
I return with my problem, I can not solve the problem that freezes or has page breaks when scrolling through the web pages.

I have given all the permissions to bromite to try and I am not lucky either.

I want to use this browser but I can't! Please help.

SnowFuhrer

Apr 5, 2018
Spirit River
I return with my problem, I can not solve the problem that freezes or has page breaks when scrolling through the web pages.

I have given all the permissions to bromite to try and I am not lucky either.

I want to use this browser but I can't! Please help.
Download chrome canary. Then enable developer options and change the webview to chrome canary. See if that does anything.

Reactions: Adrian1983xda

Adrian1983xda

Feb 23, 2019
Download chrome canary. Then enable developer options and change the webview to chrome canary. See if that does anything.

First of all thank you for responding. I have very little technical knowledge and English is not my primary language. Be patient because it is hard for me to understand sometimes

You want to say that I downloaded from the Chrome Canary Play Store and then it would tell me the developer options in my phone settings. On this site should you find an option to change the webview?

Confirm this procedure!

Adrian1983xda

Feb 23, 2019

No news, I just tried following the steps you suggested. Unfortunately it did not improve.

I still can't navigate the breaks and stops when scrolling through the pages. I will wait for the next version of bromite to see if the situation improves

Thanks for the help, if anyone suggests anything else, here I am.

Reactions: SnowFuhrer

Slmnj

Oct 27, 2018
No news, I just tried following the steps you suggested. Unfortunately it did not improve.

I still can't navigate the breaks and stops when scrolling through the pages. I will wait for the next version of bromite to see if the situation improves

Thanks for the help, if anyone suggests anything else, here I am.

It's a known issue:
https://github.com/bromite/bromite/issues/353
@csagan5 is aware of it, but can't say for sure if it will be fixed anytime soon.

Adrian1983xda

Feb 23, 2019
My problem is that I really don't know how to set bromite system webview as default.

I successfully download the file, once downloaded, I press "finish" but then I can't use it.

The file is actually found in the download folder of my phone but it does not appear in the webview settings.

Configuration-developer options-system web View: only google webview appears here.

I also tried installing Chrome canary and in this case the option to change to canary webview appears.

I do not know how to do.

fijasko

Mar 17, 2012
As of version 76.0.3809.129, Google AMP blocking doesn't work. I googled an image and tried to access the website behind it and it loaded the AMP page.
how do you block amp pages on previous versions? I always saw them in search results

Last edited:

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
@Adrian1983xda, I assume you are on an OEM stock ROM. If so then you more than likely cannot use Bromite webview as these ROMs seem to support only Google's products. More info here...
https://github.com/bromite/bromite/wiki/Installing-SystemWebView

Since you are not rooted you cannot try alternate methods such as the Bromite Magisk module and/or AnyWebView Xposed module.

Moto G5S Plus XT1806, balanceOS 2.0, MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
FYI :

A while ago Mozilla stopped development on Firefox for Android / Fennec ( which is in maintenance mode only; F-Droid build recommended since it strips most of Mozilla's analytics and telemetry.. ) to shift all resources to the new Firefox for Android / Fenix :

https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/

Some highlights of this new Firefox for Android ?

# about:config no longer available.

# Extensions no longer supported.

# Access to file:// to be entirely removed :

https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/4049

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1563422

No more playing local media files, no more opening local images, txt or html files, no more testing / running local web sites, no more running local web applications or wikis, no more receiving content shared from any other application...

They've clearly lost their minds, I guess ?

Bromite may very well soon be the only privacy focused, fully functional open source browser on Android left standing.

I'd suggest taking a look at the donation options to support development right now.

Last edited:

csagan5

Oct 11, 2017
www.bromite.org
While exploring Bromite (Great work, btw! Donated on the Bromite page), I found this: //chrome/newtab. clicked on it and got this:

i-hRkrzvt-X3.png

How can I edit this page? I've done some searching and haven't come across its location.

These are automatically set to most visited sites and bookmarked sites; Bromite makes sure that no suggested articles and other promos appear here and that there are 4 rows available.

would it be possible to implement the feature of clearing browsing data on exiting the app, just like the desktop chromes?
You can set cookies to be cleared for each new session and enable incognito mode.

As of version 76.0.3809.129, Google AMP blocking doesn't work. I googled an image and tried to access the website behind it and it loaded the AMP page.
Please submit a bug to the issue tracker; it is most probably due to the image search results changing their output format.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone