[APP][4.4+] Speaki - Voice Notifications

Search This thread

dEVshr

Jul 9, 2015
Hi all,

This is my first public app :)
I first created it for myself because I wanted to hear notifications when while I'm biking with headset plugged in and all other available apps doesn't work that well.

INFO:
Speaki read aloud your notifications by android's Text-to-Speech capabilities.

FEATURES:
+ Smart - trying and learning to read only the relevant text from your notification.
+ Selection - select which apps would you like Speaki to read aloud.
+ Speak Output - protect your privacy and control when Speaki should read.
+ Read content - read aloud full notification content (beside title and summary).
+ Caller ID - speak caller ID on incoming call.
+ Stop - stop Speaki from reading by double press the power key or by pressing the stop/play button on your headset.
+ No interruption during phone calls.
+ Quick enable/disable switch and tile.

- Speaki can only read your notifications if your device Text-to-Speech support the notifications text language.
- You can either use the default Text-To-Speech (TTS) engine, already built-in your mobile phone or any other TTS engine you find and download from the Google play store.
- The following languages supported by Google Text-to-speech: Bangla (Bangladesh), Bangla (India), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Mandarin (China), Mandarin (Taiwan), Nepali, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Sinhala, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.

You are more than welcome to request new features or report bugs.

DOWNLOAD:
Google Play Store

SCREENSHOTS:
-6iQ3uhrnWS3yUDRTgoJAzf_77uPLZkyCtj_Tj-dioMBBDK_L_ySJNNYuVd58TiMNA=h900
JeT7usbNPWVXOkshKNnDwQ9ipj1EB89B8brSrPq2aihJYkmrr1z6gE4UKiA_KU0SbTY=h900

itUKLFnZseLNvUDG1EEOplpYPWk6wdmB0-UXc2IFmjOT9Ho6Vkg1rOU24sDAmagKnA=h900
m0h-Xp3-w1DlJFgO1jGIdf1HToptEfNJNTz4Rz0fj5lT70T0DCaMR9IIog0Cd1FblKA=h900

Last edited:

dEVshr

Jul 9, 2015
Much changed since my first post here:
- The app is now much smarter - knows better what to read and what not from your notification's text.
- Memory and performance improvement
- Bugs fix
;)

Reactions: robot_head

dEVshr

Jul 9, 2015
Speaki is now even smarter!

*** 1.12.0 Update ***
Improve Speaki intelligent:
- Speaki can now learn and improve it capability to decide what notifications to read.
- Fix Speaki missing some "good" notifications to read in Android 6.0 and below.

grimloktt

Dec 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Thank you for sharing! I was struggling trying to get an application to read my Abode home security notifications. They would only read that I had a notification from Abode and that it says Abode. I installed and tried yours and right away it read the Abode notification, such as my side door was opened. Good job!!! Thnx!

dEVshr

Jul 9, 2015
Thank you for sharing! I was struggling trying to get an application to read my Abode home security notifications. They would only read that I had a notification from Abode and that it says Abode. I installed and tried yours and right away it read the Abode notification, such as my side door was opened. Good job!!! Thnx!
Cool, very happy to hear that :)

pantinPL

Jul 9, 2015
Hi, great app.

How change text on incoming call (its possibile?, like in speak prefix). I have in english.

Wysłane z mojego A0001 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This is my first public app :)
    I first created it for myself because I wanted to hear notifications when while I'm biking with headset plugged in and all other available apps doesn't work that well.

INFO:
    Speaki read aloud your notifications by android's Text-to-Speech capabilities.

FEATURES:
    + Smart - trying and learning to read only the relevant text from your notification.
    + Selection - select which apps would you like Speaki to read aloud.
    + Speak Output - protect your privacy and control when Speaki should read.
    + Read content - read aloud full notification content (beside title and summary).
    + Caller ID - speak caller ID on incoming call.
    + Stop - stop Speaki from reading by double press the power key or by pressing the stop/play button on your headset.
    + No interruption during phone calls.
    + Quick enable/disable switch and tile.

- Speaki can only read your notifications if your device Text-to-Speech support the notifications text language.
    - You can either use the default Text-To-Speech (TTS) engine, already built-in your mobile phone or any other TTS engine you find and download from the Google play store.
    - The following languages supported by Google Text-to-speech: Bangla (Bangladesh), Bangla (India), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (India), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Mandarin (China), Mandarin (Taiwan), Nepali, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Sinhala, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.

You are more than welcome to request new features or report bugs.

DOWNLOAD:
    Google Play Store

SCREENSHOTS:
    -6iQ3uhrnWS3yUDRTgoJAzf_77uPLZkyCtj_Tj-dioMBBDK_L_ySJNNYuVd58TiMNA=h900
    JeT7usbNPWVXOkshKNnDwQ9ipj1EB89B8brSrPq2aihJYkmrr1z6gE4UKiA_KU0SbTY=h900

itUKLFnZseLNvUDG1EEOplpYPWk6wdmB0-UXc2IFmjOT9Ho6Vkg1rOU24sDAmagKnA=h900
    m0h-Xp3-w1DlJFgO1jGIdf1HToptEfNJNTz4Rz0fj5lT70T0DCaMR9IIog0Cd1FblKA=h900
    *** 1.12.4 Update ***
    - Read notifications on silent/vibrate mode when Bluetooth/headset is connected (depend on Speak Output configuration) ( @alexeei @pieceofphil @alejo2790)
    - Add quick settings tile (Android 7.0+) ( @xPr0metheus)
    - Change Speaki to pause/resume your playing audio on reading (instead of lower/gain the audio volume)
    - Bugfixes
    *** 1.13.0 Update ***
    - Select Bluetooth devices | @qwen3579, @pieceofphil
    - Allow to change Caller ID prefix | @pantinPL, @Terraalpha
    - Change settings order
    New version is out (1.18.13):
    * Fix Bluetooth connectivity issues
    * Remove service notification when disable Speaki from the Quick Settings tile | Thanks @pieceofphil for reporting

Sorry guys for been inactive lately - I'm currently busy with my own personal stuff.
    Hope to comeback ASAP to add some cool requested features ;)
    Thnx for the updates! I'm loving this app. Another comparable application that you could look at for possible improvements is Shout. That being said, could I ask for two feature requests?
    1) Add a widget to be able to enable/disable?
    2) Add a location option to enable it in certain diameters and disable it in others...or change settings under those parameters?

Thnx and keep up the good work!

1. Widget will be available soon
    2. Location base configuration is already in the features development list but will not be available soon