supertommino

Nov 19, 2013
play.google.com
SQLite Database Editor​
Database read and edit​
Hi all, this is my new app.
Let me know what do you think about! :)
PLAY STORE DOWNLOAD
Open and modify your SQL databases directly from your device.
For ROOT users it is also possible to modify the databases in the system memory, having directly available the list of installed applications with the relative databases.
Especially useful as an aid to the development of an application that uses a SQLite database, which will be graphically visible and editable directly from the device.

Last edited:

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
Requests:
1. Main screen should have a list of the recently opened DBs, including a FAB to open a new one.
2. in "App list" screen (typo: should be "apps"), have the checkbox of "Hide system app" (typo: should be "apps") in the toolbar. No need to take this space. It's not that common to turn it on&off.
3. Support landscape mode
4. Allow sorting (and remember the sorting) of the apps. To me, the most common sorting would be by update or by install.
5. The app already has ads (banner ads). Interstitial ads are annoying... Maybe offer a reward video instead, that will appear once (or rarely) ? It's annoying to see a full screen ad each time I open a DB... There are already free apps (even without any ads) that show DB files, including within other apps, though I'm not sure about editing...

supertommino

Nov 19, 2013
play.google.com
Requests:
1. Main screen should have a list of the recently opened DBs, including a FAB to open a new one.
2. in "App list" screen (typo: should be "apps"), have the checkbox of "Hide system app" (typo: should be "apps") in the toolbar. No need to take this space. It's not that common to turn it on&off.
3. Support landscape mode
4. Allow sorting (and remember the sorting) of the apps. To me, the most common sorting would be by update or by install.
5. The app already has ads (banner ads). Interstitial ads are annoying... Maybe offer a reward video instead, that will appear once (or rarely) ? It's annoying to see a full screen ad each time I open a DB... There are already free apps (even without any ads) that show DB files, including within other apps, though I'm not sure about editing...
Thanks for your tips :)
"Recently dbs" and "sorting" was already in my to-do list, in next weeks I'll work to implement your requests.

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
I like the clean, simple UI of this app. It now replaces my previous SQL app.

One "bug": when adding a new row to a table, the list of columns can be scrolled up and down to see all of them, but if you've tapped in one of the entry fields, the keyboard pops up and now you can no longer scroll down to see the last columns (they are covered by the keyboard).
Essentially, the scrolling in the Add view doesn't cater for the reduced view when the keyboard is showing.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs

Reactions: supertommino

supertommino

Nov 19, 2013
play.google.com
I like the clean, simple UI of this app. It now replaces my previous SQL app.

One "bug": when adding a new row to a table, the list of columns can be scrolled up and down to see all of them, but if you've tapped in one of the entry fields, the keyboard pops up and now you can no longer scroll down to see the last columns (they are covered by the keyboard).
Essentially, the scrolling in the Add view doesn't cater for the reduced view when the keyboard is showing.

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
Thanks for your report, fixed in the version 1.0.5 :)

Reactions: BillGoss

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014

AndroidDeveloperLB

Mar 30, 2014
This app is free and has ads like mine, but can only read database, not edit
I see.
But there are others. Even for PC :
https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/

And this one is truly free, without ads.
It's even open sourced, I think:
https://github.com/sqlitebrowser/sqlitebrowser

EDIT: found the free, no-ads app that I told you about:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=oliver.ehrenmueller.dbadmin
Sadly it's not available anymore, but I can still download it.
Attached APK of it.
It's very easy to use, shows recently opened DB files, and all with minimal steps (all on main screen).

Last edited: