[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

n1ck0

May 30, 2010
I tried with a multitouch test software and I get 10 points, so it should works....
In fact, I tried on my Lenovo K920 and it doesn't work.... I would like to use it on my pixel c but I would like to be sure it will be working before rooting it (and so lose Ota updates...)

Valiante

Jul 7, 2013
Is there a way to "hide status bar" but still use the "open notification panel" gesture to open the notification panel? I've tried using "expanded desktop" but the gesture doesn't work in that mode.

I'm thinking something along the lines of how Nova Launcher does it.

vic7212

Nov 26, 2015
So I got a new phone the Huawei P9. It uses Android Marshmellow 6.0

Gesture Control works fine. But the service does not seem to stick around. When I had the phone locked for a while and unlock it I first have to open up the Gesture Control App or the gestures won't be recognized. I have the notification set to default priority.

Any ideas on how to make the service stick so the gestures are always available? Make it a system app?

[e] making it a system app kinda helped but not really, after like 5min in standby the service is completely gone...

The same in my phone - Note 4 SM-910F - works perfect but after 10-15 min the service is stopped. Made an app system but didn't help.
Is there a workaround?

Reactions: IngoPan

FurryTails

Dec 2, 2015
Not working on OPT with CM13

Hi,

I'm using a OnePlus Two with Cyanogenmod 13 (Android 6.0.1).
CM-Build: 13.0-20160709-NIGHTLY-oneplus2 (I tried the app with few different versions)
Touchpoints: 12 (tried it with help of my girlfriend)

I tried to re-root, re-install the app but nothing helped. The app seems to not recognize the touch Events. The aquiring of root access works fine. I tried it few times but then I got another app because my hardware buttons not working anymore and I needed to do anything.
Actually I'm using "All-In-One Gestures" and that works but... sometimes a gesture hangs up and is trigged since I use the gesture again so I would really use GMD if I could get it to work. I've heard many good feedback from friends about your app.

So, If you got any idea why it's not working or what I could do to get it to work, that would be great! If you need some (debugging-?) information just tell me what you need and I will post it here.

kind regards and thanks in advance

IngoPan

Jan 11, 2011
The same in my phone - Note 4 SM-910F - works perfect but after 10-15 min the service is stopped. Made an app system but didn't help.
Is there a workaround?
Same here, the App works for some time. Then suddenly GMD stopps working.
I am on Note 3 here Arya Mod ROM MM 6.0.1.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

IngoPan

Jan 11, 2011
Is there a workaround?
Yes I just found workaround. You have to enable GMD service in the smart Manager so that the app is running in background after Screen off.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

Poroto

Dec 13, 2011
Yes I just found workaround. You have to enable GMD service in the smart Manager so that the app is running in background after Screen off.

Can you elaborate this further? I can't seem to avoid android killing the service of GWD and therefore having to manually reopen it.

IngoPan

Jan 11, 2011
Can you elaborate this further? I can't seem to avoid android killing the service of GWD and therefore having to manually reopen it.
i have an app on my samsung note 3 (marshmallow rom/mod) called smartmanager that allows me to set the apps that stay alive in background after the screen goes black.
i just enabled it for gmd and now its working just fine.

Poroto

Dec 13, 2011
i have an app on my samsung note 3 (marshmallow rom/mod) called smartmanager that allows me to set the apps that stay alive in background after the screen goes black.
i just enabled it for gmd and now its working just fine.

I also have Smart Manager but can't find an option to add an app to stay alive in the backgrounds, could you please add a screenshot or a more detailed walkthrough? thanks!

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
I think this app modifies the system. You are probably using the systemless root. Use the modified boot.img and try again if it works.

It does not modify system partition. All data/modifications are in app folder.
Android N is not supported yet. I will fix it after I catch 'em all
pikachu.png

Jokes aside, Android N broke my interprocess communication code and I'm waiting for the final release to make sure the fix works.

Last edited:

Vet-hd

Aug 8, 2016
Hi!
Hi have issue with gesture control lite on xiaomi redmi note2. Application do not recieve information from touchscreen: even i try manual calibrate the value do not increase. I try to set all type multitouche device from settings menu.

Can you help me to resolve this issue?

KamaL

Oct 2, 2006
500px.com
Is there an option to create a gesture to rotate the screen ? I'm not talking about toggling auto-rotate, I need a gesture to make the screen force rotate in portrait/landscape, as my device's rotation sensor isn't working.
This would be really helpful.

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
New York
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Is there an option to create a gesture to rotate the screen ? I'm not talking about toggling auto-rotate, I need a gesture to make the screen force rotate in portrait/landscape, as my device's rotation sensor isn't working.
This would be really helpful.

I think there's an app "Rotation" or something like that. You can install it then create a gesture to initiate the appropriate app activity via an activity shortcut?

Reactions: IngoPan and KamaL

Omineca

Sep 7, 2015
Feature Request:

This -- and the auto hide soft keys app -- are brilliant. I'm coming from webOS, and I was wondering if you could add a feature. You can already start a gesture in the bottom half of the screen, and I'm using this to have a single-finger swipe back gesture (from right to left), like on webOS. But using the entire bottom half of the screen for this action interferes with swiping cards off the screen, etc..

Would it be possible to add a starting zone that was only the bottom 25% of the screen? Kind of like this (pardon the ASCII art):

---------------------------------
-------<----------------o------- <<< active zone for gesture

Thanks for all of your work on the apps!

Reactions: IngoPan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have searched google play and coolapk to find an alternative gesture app for my new android 11 phone. No one has GMD's passthrough feature because of their non-root overlay implementation. With passthrough feature, I can use app's native border swipe and GMD's oblique/up/down border swipe at the same time. I usually bind oblique swip to back function.

Also, I don't need to leave finger from screen to make the next gesture, because the gesture starting point can be anywhere, instead of the overlay.

I am very happy to hear that GMD is still working on android 11. I will try GMD on my redmi k40 after I can root it.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone