[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

PhilipTD

I pm'ed you a link with Oreo fix. If it works I will push it to PlayStore. I know what broke Oreo but I was looking for proper solution.
I'm thrilled to report that my 60+ gestures are working perfectly on my Pixel 2 XL 8.0.0 . Life is good. I can finally use my new phone. There is a Santa Claus. I'll keep you posted when I get around to flashing 8.1. Thank you very much!

Reactions: tiho5 and Spl4tt

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Update 10.1.1

Uploaded version 10.1.1 with Oreo fix to Play Store.

I'm thrilled to report that my 60+ gestures are working perfectly on my Pixel 2 XL 8.0.0 . Life is good. I can finally use my new phone. There is a Santa Claus. I'll keep you posted when I get around to flashing 8.1. Thank you very much!

Your version contained a "dirty fix" not ready for prod. PlayStore version now has different proper fix. Please update and let me know if its still working. No need to to test every gesture. If Back works than other actions will work too.

Last edited:

PhilipTD

Uploaded version 10.1.1 with Oreo fix to Play Store.

Your version contained a "dirty fix" not ready for prod. PlayStore version now has different proper fix. Please update and let me know if its still working. No need to to test every gesture. If Back works than other actions will work too.

Will do. Thanks

"Back" works.

Last edited:
Reactions: StupidIdea

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Update to 10.1.1, do not works on my Moto X Pure with Android 5.1.1, "Back" not works, reboot, not works.
Roll back to 10.0.0, everything works fine.

Thanks for the report.
10.1.2 is already in PlayStore and should work with all Android versions.

cswithxda

Jan 24, 2012
all over
Just spotted a weird issue:

I have a gesture for "sleep" action. Randomly, when executing this gesture, it would trigger camera app. I suspect that this has to do with the OS gesture "double click power button to open camera".

I am on app version 10.1.3 and OS version 8.1 DEC patch level. Is this a known issue?

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015
It may seem minor, but this app should be one of the first to fully support tall screens - 18:9 and such - in the main UI, in order to not give a false impression that the gestures would not work well on such devices (they obviously do though).

Maybe update the target API too while you're at it ?

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
It may seem minor, but this app should be one of the first to fully support tall screens - 18:9 and such - in the main UI, in order to not give a false impression that the gestures would not work well on such devices (they obviously do though).

Maybe update the target API too while you're at it

Could you send me a screenshot what is wrong with tall screens?

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015
OnePlus 5T (18:9), AOSP-based ROM with navbar disabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171229-151304.png
    Screenshot_20171229-151304.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: StupidIdea

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015
No, apps that support the height take advantage of the space. For example, Chrome, XDA Labs, Slack and built-in apps.

For comparison here is how it looks with the navbar - still looks taller than supposed to be since it does not adapt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171229-180107.png
    Screenshot_20171229-180107.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 208

PhilipTD

No, apps that support the height take advantage of the space. For example, Chrome, XDA Labs, Slack and built-in apps.

For comparison here is how it looks with the navbar - still looks taller than supposed to be since it does not adapt.
Please forgive me if I'm being obtuse, but I don't see the difference between your screenshot and mine (Pixel 2 XL, also 18:9).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 124

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015
Please forgive me if I'm being obtuse, but I don't see the difference between your screenshot and mine (Pixel 2 XL, also 18:9).
You're right, there is no difference as Pixel also does not force-stretch apps like most OEMs do.

You can, however compare it to some apps I named to see how the navbar behavior differs.

Reactions: PhilipTD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have searched google play and coolapk to find an alternative gesture app for my new android 11 phone. No one has GMD's passthrough feature because of their non-root overlay implementation. With passthrough feature, I can use app's native border swipe and GMD's oblique/up/down border swipe at the same time. I usually bind oblique swip to back function.

Also, I don't need to leave finger from screen to make the next gesture, because the gesture starting point can be anywhere, instead of the overlay.

I am very happy to hear that GMD is still working on android 11. I will try GMD on my redmi k40 after I can root it.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone