Attachments

• Screenshot_GMD_Gesture_Control_20180101-162324.png
    Screenshot_GMD_Gesture_Control_20180101-162324.png
    155 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: StupidIdea

general1977

Apr 29, 2008
Hallo,

With 10.1.3 most gestures would not work on my Sony Xperia Tablet running Android 4.4.4
With 10.1.4 all gestures are working again, however I purchased the full version and are now back to lite again. Please provide the full version of 10.1.4 in Play Store as soon as possible.

Regards
Achim

Last edited:
Reactions: StupidIdea

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Update 10.1.5

Uploaded update version 10.1.5 to PlayStore:
Added tall screen support in UI.
Optimised LaunchPad performance.
Fixed reported crashes.
Fixed KitKat support that was broken when adding Oreo support. Email me if you have KitKat and it still does not work for you.

Hallo,

With 10.1.3 most gestures would not work on my Sony Xperia Tablet running Android 4.4.4
With 10.1.4 all gestures are working again, however I purchased the full version and are now back to lite again. Please provide the full version of 10.1.4 in Play Store as soon as possible.

Regards
Achim

I was looking for someone with KitKat to confirm the fix. Thank you.

Creed14

May 4, 2014
Eugene, OR
Uploaded update version 10.1.5 to PlayStore:
Added tall screen support in UI.
Optimised LaunchPad performance.
Fixed reported crashes.
Fixed KitKat support that was broken when adding Oreo support. Email me if you have KitKat and it still does not work for you.

I was looking for someone with KitKat to confirm the fix. Thank you.

I've got a G3 running SlimKat that I could dig up and test on. Want me to?

Love this app, btw. It's legit my favorite Android app of all time.

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Thank you, been waiting for this so long: "Optimised LaunchPad performance". Glad you didnt abandon this awesome app. Donated.

Let me know what you think. It's just a first attempt. The way it is done now Android can still claim icon cache memory if LaunchBar is not used for some time. I can do it more persistent if its cleared too often.

giusmobile

Oct 3, 2011
Just updated but still not working on MATE 9 with android 7. it stops continously after few minutes as before. I've tried with any settings and giving all autorization and protection from system to kill it. It works again for few minutes as screen goes off and on again. could you fix or is impossible? thanks

Last edited:

tiho5

• Jun 21, 2010
    Bulgaria
    I indeed now see a big notification, which is persistent. Turning off notifications for GMD, also turns off the toast messages.

Any chance we can get rid of the notification?

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
    I indeed now see a big notification, which is persistent. Turning off notifications for GMD, also turns off the toast messages.

Any chance we can get rid of the notification?

Running service without notification was disabled with Lollipop however GestureControl was abusing it with low API target. Latest update bumped API target in order to support tall screens. I can only suggest using Low Priority which removes status bar icon. Play Store prevents lowering target API so there is no way back.

Reactions: tiho5

tiho5

• Jun 21, 2010
    Bulgaria
    Running service without notification was disabled with Lollipop however GestureControl was abusing it with low API target. Latest update bumped API target in order to support tall screens. I can only suggest using Low Priority which removes status bar icon. Play Store prevents lowering target API so there is no way back.

Thank you
    Yes, I don't have the status bar icon, only the big notification in the pulldown. I just want to get rid of that big notification. I could do that by turning off notifications for GMD. But that turns off the toast messages, which I need working. Is it possible for the toast messages to be working while notifications are off for GMD?

Reactions: Techvir
    Thank you
    Yes, I don't have the status bar icon, only the big notification in the pulldown. I just want to get rid of that big notification. I could do that by turning off notifications for GMD. But that turns off the toast messages, which I need working. Is it possible for the toast messages to be working while notifications are off for GMD?
    Would like to know that too.

Reactions: tiho5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
      REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
      No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
      ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
      ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
      ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
      ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
      ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
      ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
      ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
      ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
      ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
      ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
      http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
      Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
      Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
      Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
      Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
      Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
      Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
      Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
      GMD Gesture Control Lite
      If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
      Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
      As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
      Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
      Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
      I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
      I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
      1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
      2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
      3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
      4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
      5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
      6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
      7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
      8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
      GMD aka StupidIdea
      10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
      https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
      - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
      - Minor fixes

Notes:
      Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
      Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
      Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone