[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Thank you
Yes, I don't have the status bar icon, only the big notification in the pulldown. I just want to get rid of that big notification. I could do that by turning off notifications for GMD. But that turns off the toast messages, which I need working. Is it possible for the toast messages to be working while notifications are off for GMD?

What Android version are you running? Oreo has special style for low priority notifications which is less intrusive. I have to dig a bit deeper to see if I can find a new workaround but I want to make it clear that notification is required by Android and hiding it is a abuse of system bugs.

tiho5

• Jun 21, 2010
    Bulgaria
    What Android version are you running? Oreo has special style for low priority notifications which is less intrusive. I have to dig a bit deeper to see if I can find a new workaround but I want to make it clear that notification is required by Android and hiding it is a abuse of system bugs.

I'm on Android 7.0
    Samsung Galaxy S8 plus

It's just that I have too many persistent notifications already:
    AquaMail
    Viber
    Tasker
    Call recorder
    LastPass
    And now GMD

My whole pulldown is overwhelmed.
    It's not you. It's Android. I think this isn't a proper way they did go with this.

Anyway, I could live with that and nothing so important or even urgent about this.
    Thank you.

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
    I'm on Android 7.0
    Samsung Galaxy S8 plus

It's just that I have too many persistent notifications already:
    AquaMail
    Viber
    Tasker
    Call recorder
    LastPass
    And now GMD

My whole pulldown is overwhelmed.
    It's not you. It's Android. I think this isn't a proper way they did go with this.

Anyway, I could live with that and nothing so important or even urgent about this.
    Thank you.

Are you in beta? I uploaded 10.1.8 with hide notification fix to beta channel. Let me know if it works.
    Have you tried helper apps for other notifications?
    https://www.xda-developers.com/hide-app-running-background-notification-android-oreo/

Last edited:
    Reactions: tiho5

medwatt

Oct 26, 2013
    There's one problem I'm facing. I have set the app to open recent apps if I swipe up with 2 fingers. The problem is if I'm trying to zoom in on something, with my thumb resting on the display and my finger swiping up (pinching out gesture), it still gets recognized as 2 fingers swiping up and opens the recent apps window. Is there a way I can eliminate this ?

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
    There's one problem I'm facing. I have set the app to open recent apps if I swipe up with 2 fingers. The problem is if I'm trying to zoom in on something, with my thumb resting on the display and my finger swiping up (pinching out gesture), it still gets recognized as 2 fingers swiping up and opens the recent apps window. Is there a way I can eliminate this ?

First let me say that this is intentional. At some point it looked like a good idea to allow for multi-finger gestures to work in a way where you hold all fingers still and do the gesture just with one finger. It mostly makes sense with starting zones and I'm not sure if anyone is really executing gestures this way :rolleyes:.
    As a quick fix you probably need to think of some different gesture that does not conflict with your regular device usage: 3 fingers, starting zone, more complex path. 2 finger gestures in general tend to conflict with zoom.

Reactions: PhilipTD

tiho5

• Jun 21, 2010
    Bulgaria
    Are you in beta? I uploaded 10.1.8 with hide notification fix to beta channel. Let me know if it works.
    Have you tried helper apps for other notifications?
    https://www.xda-developers.com/hide-app-running-background-notification-android-oreo/

Thanks again.
    I'm not in beta. I think I need a g+ account, but I don't have one. Could you post a link somewhere, so I could download it.

And the notification matter is more complicated for me. My problem is that I want only the big notifications absent. The small icon on the Taskbar is something I need. For instance if I suspend the gestures, I want to see the icon that the gestures are switched off. Another example is that I don't need the big Tasker or call recorder notifications, but I need to see their small icons in the task bar, so that I know they're running at all times. May be someone can create an app for that...

Also I'm still on nougat, not on Oreo.

The helper apps you provided a link to (thanks for that again) also provide solutions, but all of them eliminate both the big notification in the pulldown and the icon in the taskbar. So they're not going to work for me.

I repeat that I can live with the persistent notification, but they're getting too many and clutter the pulldown.

First let me say that this is intentional. At some point it looked like a good idea to allow for multi-finger gestures to work in a way where you hold all fingers still and do the gesture just with one finger. It mostly makes sense with starting zones and I'm not sure if anyone is really executing gestures this way :rolleyes:.
    As a quick fix you probably need to think of some different gesture that does not conflict with your regular device usage: 3 fingers, starting zone, more complex path. 2 finger gestures in general tend to conflict with zoom.

What you explained here is something which was discussed in this thread and I think it is a very good option. Actually I use this functionality all the time (holding one of the fingers and making the gesture with only the other one).

To give the other user an idea to possibly use as an alternative: My first gesture for recent apps is 2 fingers down anywhere. This one has never interfered with zoom for me. Also I have a second one which is DL/UR on the middle of the right border with one finger.

Alt+tab is only DL on the middle of the right border with one finger. And back is just Down on the middle of the right border with one finger. So these 3 gestures work pretty well for me as a close by gestures and similar movements.

Spl4tt

"Hide Notification" service in settings still doesn't work, After sometime there is still a big notification in the pulldown...

Pixel XL on 7.1.2 ROM and it works.. You sure you're on the latest beta update?

EDIT: Okay, the notification just appeared again. But I just turned the hide setting on and off, and it's fine again now

Last edited:

tiho5

• Jun 21, 2010
    Bulgaria
    "Hide Notification" service in settings still doesn't work, After sometime there is still a big notification in the pulldown...

I also have it some times. Then after screen off and back on, it dissappears from the pulldown. But it comes back again and goes away many times.

kojakfull

Jun 10, 2015
    I am having trouble with gmd gesture on my oneplus 3t oreo.
    The toast is appearing but it's not executing the app i specify.
    Even the back navigation is not working.
    The only thing that works is the home action.

Please help!

Reactions: gps3dx

Phlooo

Oct 29, 2011
    Hey,
    I finally decided to try GMD, and I gotta say it's freaking good!

It almost meets all my needs. I still have to keep Xposed Edge active though, because I use it to "Do nothing" when swiping up from the bottom edge. Otherwise, when I do the swipe up gestures in GMD, the navbar briefly shows. Is there any method to prevent this in GMD that I may have missed? That'd be nice, I could get rid of Xposed Edge ^^

Also, I'm not sure what the paid version brings compared to the free one? I may still purchase it anyway just to show support though.

Oh and last question, is there any way to make a swipe and hold gesture (iPhone X-like) ?

Thanks!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
      REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
      No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
      ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
      ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
      ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
      ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
      ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
      ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
      ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
      ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
      ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
      ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
      http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
      Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
      Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
      Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
      Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
      Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
      Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
      Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
      GMD Gesture Control Lite
      If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
      Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
      As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
      Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
      Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
      I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
      I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
      1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
      2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
      3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
      4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
      5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
      6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
      7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
      8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
      GMD aka StupidIdea
      10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
      https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
      - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
      - Minor fixes

Notes:
      Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
      Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
      Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone