[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015
I still have to keep Xposed Edge active though, because I use it to "Do nothing" when swiping up from the bottom edge. Otherwise, when I do the swipe up gestures in GMD, the navbar briefly shows. Is there any method to prevent this in GMD that I may have missed? That'd be nice, I could get rid of Xposed Edge ^^

Why not get rid of the navbar altogether?
If you have Magisk, there is a nice module available, otherwise set qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1 on build.prop.

Also, I'm not sure what the paid version brings compared to the free one? I may still purchase it anyway just to show support though.

Unlimited customizable gestures ?

Last edited:

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015

oniemjan

Feb 16, 2012

cswithxda

Jan 24, 2012
all over
Have been struggling with this bug:

When calling up the action "media volume", the panel would pop up three times, I would have to dismiss additionally twice to finally dismiss the panel.

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
@StupidIdea

When I Implement "suspend gestures" action, the gestures are indeed suspended and I see an icon in the taskbar.

But when I switch off the screen and switch my screen back on (unlock my phone), the gestures are actived again.

Maybe there's a reason for that to be so.

So is it possible to make the gestures be suspended until only I turn them back on myself? I just don't like them turning on automatically after I unlock my phone.

Edit:
Samsung Galaxy S8 plus
Android 7.0

NeTan

Jan 29, 2018
@StupidIdea
Hello! I have Redmi 5 plus with Miui 9 on Android 7.1. You can make navigation support toggle One Hand Mode? Or add support to assign two or more consecutive actions to one gesture? Thanks.

rogerinnyc

Feb 1, 2006
Still my favorite app and the reason why I root, but my Mate 10 has such aggressive power management that it constantly terminates GMD, even when your app is excepted from power optimization and authorized to launch itself and run in background. I disabled the Power Genius app through Titanium, which one user said would fix the problem, but I'm still having GMD stop. By contrast, other root apps (e.g., AdAway, Reboot) keep running. So, not a bug in your app, per se, but I'm wondering if there's anything you can do or suggest for Huawei devices?

EDIT: I think I've found a fix simply by making GMD a system-priv app -- I used the Magisk module Terminal Systemizer. So far, so good.....

Last edited:
Reactions: StupidIdea

kehne

Nov 15, 2013
Is it possible to simultate 3D touch during the gesture. For example only activate the gesture when the pressure level is over 0.5

kehne

Nov 15, 2013
No.. but it sounds like a possible idea for the future

I don't know any apps that utilize the pressure level sadly.

Technically it's not so difficult, just log the first pressure value. That's important because each finger didn't create the same value. When there is no big movement in the x and y position but the pressure increase activate the gesture.

There are some open source projects witch notice the 3d touch really good. Let's make our Android great again. Would be one of the biggest improvement in Android.

vingar

Mar 24, 2012
@StupidIdea I'm sad, I used your app in my Op3 with a custom 8.1 rom and everything worked perfectly. The touch is not recognized after the latest updates. I tried with the rom Nitrogen and other Aosp, no longer works in any! What is the problem? For me Gmd Gesture is essential.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

system1system2

Sep 16, 2017
Custom gesture not working with GBoard active

@StupidIdea first of all, let me say that this app is fantastic. I paid for the full version and I simply refuse to buy a new phone until it's rooted to not lose it.
Now the problem:

As you can see in the screenshot attached, I recorded two custom gestures (the rounded ones at the top of the list) to invoke Back and Home navigation commands.
They work perfectly everywhere in the system and allow full OS navigation just by using the right thumb in a very natural way (so natural that I disabled Android navigation buttons one year ago and never looked back).

Screenshot_20180203-174033.png

The only place where those 2 gestures don't work is in apps where Google GBoard is on-screen. For example an ongoing Whatsapp chat. In that situation, even if I defined "Active on Keyboard" in Advanced Option for each gesture, my movement is not registered.
To circumvent the problem I had to create a second pair of gestures, this time by creating a path (the squared ones at the bottom of the list). They have the same function of the rounded ones, but are less fast and intuitive, hence not ideal.

The squared paths work perfectly even when GBoard is active on screen. The rounded recorded gestures don't. Why? Am I doing something wrong? Is it GBoard to blame? Can it be fixed somehow?

Thanks a lot

Spl4tt

Dec 8, 2009
St. Gallen
OnePlus 8 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Technically it's not so difficult, just log the first pressure value. That's important because each finger didn't create the same value. When there is no big movement in the x and y position but the pressure increase activate the gesture.

There are some open source projects witch notice the 3d touch really good. Let's make our Android great again. Would be one of the biggest improvement in Android.

Yes I know, it shouldn't be that difficult if the android framework allows access to that value. And GMD would be even more revolutionary than it already is now.

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
@StupidIdea I'm sad, I used your app in my Op3 with a custom 8.1 rom and everything worked perfectly. The touch is not recognized after the latest updates. I tried with the rom Nitrogen and other Aosp, no longer works in any! What is the problem? For me Gmd Gesture is essential.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi,

I also tried using it on custom roms earlier on my op3 and it wasnt working. But now i tried setting it manually on the Z UNLEASHED rom and it worked.
I used DEVICE SETUP -- MANUAL -- TOUCH DEVICE -- synaptics
and TOUCH EVENT PARSER -- legacy (HC)

And it is working fine....

Hope it works for you.

regards
Greg

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
I'm shopping for new phone for development and then I will do another round of updates.
Gestures are still active while keyboard is present, Oreo 8.1
What device and what keyboard? It work properly for me on 6p Oreo stock keyboard.
I am having trouble with gmd gesture on my oneplus 3t oreo.
The toast is appearing but it's not executing the app i specify.
Even the back navigation is not working.
The only thing that works is the home action.
Please help!
Are you using Magisk? Upgrade to Magisk if you are still using SuperSU.
Hey there,
Anyway of adding app shortcuts (long press app icon) in launcher? Couldn't find it, even with"activities".
Thanks!
I will check what I can do.
Hey,
I finally decided to try GMD, and I gotta say it's freaking good!
It almost meets all my needs. I still have to keep Xposed Edge active though, because I use it to "Do nothing" when swiping up from the bottom edge. Otherwise, when I do the swipe up gestures in GMD, the navbar briefly shows. Is there any method to prevent this in GMD that I may have missed? That'd be nice, I could get rid of Xposed Edge ^^
Also, I'm not sure what the paid version brings compared to the free one? I may still purchase it anyway just to show support though.
Oh and last question, is there any way to make a swipe and hold gesture (iPhone X-like) ?
Thanks!!!
Completely disabling starting areas was discussed before. I think it is a feature that there are no dead spaces and clicks works anywhere and it's a feature that this app does not use persistent overlays. I still might add such option in the future but it is not high in my priorities.
I plan to add swipe and hold.
Have been struggling with this bug:
When calling up the action "media volume", the panel would pop up three times, I would have to dismiss additionally twice to finally dismiss the panel.
I know what is causing it and I will fix it.
@StupidIdea
When I Implement "suspend gestures" action, the gestures are indeed suspended and I see an icon in the taskbar.
But when I switch off the screen and switch my screen back on (unlock my phone), the gestures are actived again.
Maybe there's a reason for that to be so.
So is it possible to make the gestures be suspended until only I turn them back on myself? I just don't like them turning on automatically after I unlock my phone.
Edit:
Samsung Galaxy S8 plus
Android 7.0
It is implemented this way because it was intended for short use. But I will add an option for this action.

Last edited:

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
@StupidIdea
Hello! I have Redmi 5 plus with Miui 9 on Android 7.1. You can make navigation support toggle One Hand Mode? Or add support to assign two or more consecutive actions to one gesture? Thanks.
Can you explain what you mean by "make navigation support toggle One Hand Mode"?
Can you give have an example of actions you want to chain? I can't think of many case where it would be useful.
Still my favorite app and the reason why I root, but my Mate 10 has such aggressive power management that it constantly terminates GMD, even when your app is excepted from power optimization and authorized to launch itself and run in background. I disabled the Power Genius app through Titanium, which one user said would fix the problem, but I'm still having GMD stop. By contrast, other root apps (e.g., AdAway, Reboot) keep running. So, not a bug in your app, per se, but I'm wondering if there's anything you can do or suggest for Huawei devices?
EDIT: I think I've found a fix simply by making GMD a system-priv app -- I used the Magisk module Terminal Systemizer. So far, so good.....
I just tell the truth, I cannot afford to buy each device and its impossible to fix such issues without owning the device. I'm glad you solved it and shared the solution. Thank you.
Please add auto Backup/Restore via Google Drive for Gestures and Settings.
Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I agree I need to add backup/restore and I will implement it soon™.
Is it possible to simultate 3D touch during the gesture. For example only activate the gesture when the pressure level is over 0.5
A couple of years ago different devices were reporting different pressure ranges or none at all and the measurement was very unreliable. I need to check if its more consistent now.
Now the problem:

The only place where those 2 gestures don't work is in apps where Google GBoard is on-screen. For example an ongoing Whatsapp chat. In that situation, even if I defined "Active on Keyboard" in Advanced Option for each gesture, my movement is not registered.
To circumvent the problem I had to create a second pair of gestures, this time by creating a path (the squared ones at the bottom of the list). They have the same function of the rounded ones, but are less fast and intuitive, hence not ideal.
The squared paths work perfectly even when GBoard is active on screen. The rounded recorded gestures don't. Why? Am I doing something wrong? Is it GBoard to blame? Can it be fixed somehow?
Thanks a lot
Maybe you disabled Active on Keyboard for recorded gestures? All gestures use same input and only recognition logic is different. Do you have disabled gestures for some apps in Settings->Per App Settings?
Seems to only work in chrome and not system wide. Or am I doing something wrong
Talking about the feature like ios "(double) tap to top" to scroll to the beginning of the page.
The action fires standard page start event however it up to the browser to handle it. I'm not surprised many browsers just ignore it cause normally you need hardware keyboards to fire such event.

Last edited:
Reactions: Techvir

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have searched google play and coolapk to find an alternative gesture app for my new android 11 phone. No one has GMD's passthrough feature because of their non-root overlay implementation. With passthrough feature, I can use app's native border swipe and GMD's oblique/up/down border swipe at the same time. I usually bind oblique swip to back function.

Also, I don't need to leave finger from screen to make the next gesture, because the gesture starting point can be anywhere, instead of the overlay.

I am very happy to hear that GMD is still working on android 11. I will try GMD on my redmi k40 after I can root it.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone