[APP][4/5/6/7+] GMD GestureControl ★ root

Search This thread

NeTan

Jan 29, 2018
Can you explain what you mean by "make navigation support toggle One Hand Mode"?
Can you give have an example of actions you want to chain? I can't think of many case where it would be useful.

MIUI 8(or better) have function "OneHandMode". For activation this function need swipe Home and Back, or Home and Menu. But if softbar is disabled this can not be done. Can u add support for gisture-action-OneHandMode?
giphy.gif

I wanna
swipe down on the left border=Home+Menu
swipe down on the right border=Home+Back
Can u add this?

Last edited:

Harsh.gundecha

Dec 1, 2013
21.1702° N, 72.8311° E
MIUI 8(or better) have function "OneHandMode". For activation this function need swipe Home and Back, or Home and Menu. But if softbar is disabled this can not be done. Can u add support for gisture-action-OneHandMode?

I wanna
swipe down on the left border=Home+Menu
swipe down on the right border=Home+Back
Can u add this?
If this kind of functionality is added great
Else you could try tasker or MacroDroid

AlexVallat

Jun 16, 2008
Does Next tab/Previous tab actions work in Firefox for anyone? Close tab and Scroll to Top work fine, but next and previous tab do not. Firefox desktop supports Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown shortcut keys, so I was hoping it would be fine.

Or, is there any way to add a gesture to send a keystroke? I couldn't find one, but if there is, I could try sending Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab as an alternative, to see if that worked.

shihpo

Jan 31, 2015
gesture went wrong

i set up a screenshot gesture: swipe down with 3 fingers
imgur.com/I49DC4s.jpg

but, i can't trigger it out
instead, swipe down with 1 finger works...:confused:

below is the demo video
youtu.be/0lVsy6v25Vw

btw, when i change the gesture to swipe down with 1 finger, and i works with 1 fingers... :eek:

device: Nexus 5X
android 8.1, stock, with magisk

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i set up a screenshot gesture: swipe down with 3 fingers
imgur.com/I49DC4s.jpg

but, i can't trigger it out
instead, swipe down with 1 finger works...:confused:

below is the demo video
youtu.be/0lVsy6v25Vw

btw, when i change the gesture to swipe down with 1 finger, and i works with 1 fingers... :eek:

device: Nexus 5X
android 8.1, stock, with magisk
How do you take a still of the screen with the vid cast app you're using? (Although I assume it happened the same way before you recorded it)
Oh and evaluate on release under advanced is on? And there aren't any conflicting gestures in your launcher?

Last edited:

shihpo

Jan 31, 2015
How do you take a still of the screen with the vid cast app you're using? (Although I assume it happened the same way before you recorded it)
Oh and evaluate on release under advanced is on? And there aren't any conflicting gestures in your launcher?
i take a screen shot in youtube (second link) to get a still of the screen with the vid cast app i'm using

i don't understand your second question :confused: (valuate on release under advanced is on?)

i use nova launcher below is my gesture setting
imgur.com/kh69mae
imgur.com/jpZO0nL
btw, there's no the other gesture app

PhilipTD

Dec 17, 2010
LI
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i take a screen shot in youtube (second link) to get a still of the screen with the vid cast app i'm using

i don't understand your second question :confused: (valuate on release under advanced is on?)

i use nova launcher below is my gesture setting
imgur.com/kh69mae
imgur.com/jpZO0nL
btw, there's no the other gesture app
Sorry that I was unclear.

With respect to my first question, I was wondering if the way you take a screen shot in your vid-recording app involves executing a gesture by any chance which might be interfering with the troublesome GMD swipe-down gesture you captured in the video. A long shot, I know, but I just had to ask. You probably take a screenshot in that app by pressing a physical button?

In my second question, I was referring to when you create a gesture in GMD, at the bottom of the page there are advanced settings, one of which is "evaluate on release". I always check this, and feel that it contributes to eliminating conflicts among similar gestures.

My third thought was about the possibility that you may have set up a conflicting gesture in your launcher, but you have shown that such is not the case.

shihpo

Jan 31, 2015
anyway, i still cannot solve my problem...
and it seems that StupidIdea is busy on other things... orz...

Scarface1991

Jul 30, 2011
Android seems to kick the App out of memory after a while and I have to restart it. Anyone else experiencing this?
Using OxygenOS based on Oreo 8.0 and the OnePlus 3.

issue5854

May 13, 2013
Device Setup error

Hi, I use this app since I use smartphones, it's so cool.

But, I have an issue now. I'm using Resurrecion Remix Oreo (8.1) on OnePlus 3t, but no gestures are working. There is an issue with Device Setup. I tried all combinations on the Device Setup window, but no solution.

Error message says: No supported multitouch device detected! Please go to Device Setup and try to setup it manually.

I'm using Magisk root, and gave the app root permitions.

Any help?

Reactions: gps3dx

cmkmkmk

Jan 15, 2013
I also don't know of a way how to keep certain Apps in memory even when using Xposed. There was a Module that could do this called "App Settings" but it doesn't work with Oreo.
Same problem here Oneplus 5T 5.0.3,.Magisk. Currently having to force stop GMD and restart several times a day after GMD stops functioning. (Just starting GMD doesn't fix the issue)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gps3dx

cmkmkmk

Jan 15, 2013
Same problem here Oneplus 5T 5.0.3,.Magisk. Currently having to force stop GMD and restart several times a day after GMD stops functioning. (Just starting GMD doesn't fix the issue)

Actually, to be more precise, sometimes GMD stops functioning and just relaunching it doesn't fix the issue - only relaunching it after force stopping it restores it's functioning.
Other times, just relaunching GMD is enough. (The Force Stop button is greyed out in this case which I assume indicates GMD is no longer running)
Would appreciate very much if the developer investigates and resolves this issue as no other gesture type tool that I have found has the same level of functionality and usefulness for me.

ReasonablyRooted

Mar 22, 2011
Actually, to be more precise, sometimes GMD stops functioning and just relaunching it doesn't fix the issue - only relaunching it after force stopping it restores it's functioning.
Other times, just relaunching GMD is enough. (The Force Stop button is greyed out in this case which I assume indicates GMD is no longer running)
Would appreciate very much if the developer investigates and resolves this issue as no other gesture type tool that I have found has the same level of functionality and usefulness for me.

I have a 5T, latest Magisk, and no problems with GMD staying alive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Control device with mutitouch and multitask gestures similar to iPad or iPhone X. Works in all applications. Hide status bar, hide navigation bar and enjoy full screen in all apps and games.

"For those who tend to get tired of Android's status bar, or just want more intuitive gesture-based controls on their tablet, this app is definitely worth a shot." - Android Police

Android 4.0 (ICS) - 8.1 (Oreo) supported
    REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS
    No system modifications or xposed, just a regular app.

★ This is free version - no ads
    ★ Gestures work anywhere on screen and all time - no triggers required
    ★ Multitask - start any application, shortcut or custom action without leaving current application
    ★ Swipe left or right to switch between running applications
    ★ Home and Back gestures that work in all apps anywhere on screen
    ★ Access LaunchPad from any app - dialog with recent apps, your applications, shortcuts and custom actions
    ★ Hide status bar and Navigation Bar - enjoy full screen in all apps and games
    ★ Custom gestures - create your own gestures to start any application, shortcut or custom action, unlimited possibilities, hundreds of possible gestures.
    ★ Assign different actions per app or even lock screen.
    ★ Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    ★ It does not use overlays and does not make your apps and keyboard unresponsive like other gesture apps.

Check XDA forum for discussion:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

All available actions:
    Applications - start assigned application, switch to previous/next running app, kill current application, start launcher shortcut(bookmark, contacts, call, sms, settings, etc), start Tasker task, LaunchPad
    Navigation - full screen (hide/show status and navigation bar), home, back, recent apps, menu, search, voice search, open notifications
    Browser actions - back, forward, refresh new tab, close tab, incognito tab, next/previous tab, bookmarks, find in page, search, history, jump to page start/end
    Buttons - home, back, menu, screen off (lock screen), Power menu, Volume
    Media and Music - Play, Pause, Stop, Volume, Mute sound
    Settings - show settings panel, toggle rotation, wifi, bluetooth
    Gestures - disable/enable gestures with gesture, exit Gesture Control

Market:
    GMD Gesture Control Lite
    If you like my application, please rate it in market. Thanks.

market_qrcode.png

Tags: Hide bar, gesture, gesture control, status bar, system bar, full screen, Honeybar, ICS, SwypePad, iPad, multitouch, multitask, multitasking
    Thanks, PhilipTD, for generous donation :highfive:
    As a sigh on gratitude I built you latest development version of Gesture Control with Lollipop support. This is the first time I'm sending someone lollipop update.
    Quite a few features do not work but still it is usable :eek:
    Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Progress update:
    I'm currently working on Spen Control lollipop support but a lot of internal thing are common. However UI part is separate and while I updated Spen Control to 'material', GC is still holo.
    I will be releasing SPen Control first with refreshed ui and lollipop support but I want to make bigger update for GC and add/rework many things that were discussed here or I just have in mind. Some things are already implemented but need to be merged into master some still need to be done. Main idea is to clean up GC so it is more intuitive to new users but more advanced features still will be available when digging deeper into settings.
    1) One good example would be path and recorded gestures. In new version I want to join them in one dialog. So user can pick from predefined set of path gestures (swipe left, swipe right, double tap, expand, pinch, etc.) or record it but entering custom path string still will be accessible. At the moment it is confusing for new users they would they want to enter path instead of recording (pinch for example).
    2) Another example is launchpad settings. Currently its confusing that you have to select which launchpad you want to configure. In new version settings will be accessible directly from launchpad instead and configure particular launchpad.
    3) Blacklist - each gesture will have option to select apps where it is active/inactive. General blacklist will be simplified where you can select if gestures are enabled/disabled in homescreen, apps, lockscreen and keyboard.
    4) Default gestures - I will remove default gestures tab and pre-create these in User Gestures for new users. Lite version will have limited number of available actions but users still can change gestures for these actions.
    5) Settings, touch consumption, Advanced tabs, Help will be moved to menu. App will be Gestures view.
    6) Touch Consumption - after user multitouch screen several times with 3 or more fingers but do not execute any gesture app will popup a tutorial explaining touch consumption with link to settings. Now quite a few new users are confused why their effort at Fruit Ninja does not give any result.
    7) Reviewing/regrouping/fixing actions - so far I was just throwing in new actions. Some didn't work on particular android versions, others didn't work on some devices. I haven't decided how it will be done but I want to clean it up. I want to add plugins support too (downloadable from play store) so some really niche things or some bigger complex thing could be moved there.
    8) Backup/Import/Export - long time promised, its time to add it.

While such things don't add much for experienced users it will improve overall 'quality' of the app.

Why cant I just release an old version with lollipop support? I don't have such version. I added lollipop support to half broken/work in progress version and I intend to move forward instead of backporting it. Its not just SeLinux/root issues that needed to be fixed. Some internal Api changed, recent apps work differently, etc, etc. It will be released when ready. Family > full time job > Android (4-20 hours per week).

Regards,
    GMD aka StupidIdea
    10.0.0-alpha

Uploaded 10.0.0-alpha to Alpha channel:
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.goodmooddroid.gesturecontrol

Changes:
    - Android Nougat support (requires SuperSu v2.78)
    - Minor fixes

Notes:
    Tested it on N6P (7.1.1) and N72013 (6.0.1). All actions, keyboard detections and per app settings should work. But I didn't test any older Android yet.
    Thanks hasenbein1966, for donation :highfive:

Update:
    Currently Launchpad and Blacklist are completely broken. UI is mix of material and holo. There are still some issues with recent apps. I will create alpha version G+ channel (without support) for lollipop version when I have more stable build.