• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP] 4G Toggle Widget v1.2 (6/18) - w/Sense disabled + SOURCE

Search This thread

B3RL1N

Sep 26, 2009
Las Vegas
tyler.berlin
GTX2 4G Toggle

Sup guys, I come baring gifts!
After messing with Eclipse OS X for awhile I got lazy and tried searching for a simple way to sign APKs. Luck be have it, I found a way and it's via XDA too!

Check it out here: Editing APKs to match themes (Not just app icons!)
Thanks mixpix405!

So if anyone else is as Javascripted handicapped as I am they can use this simple file to auto-sign. The down-side? It doesn't sign the apk file to your name. So you're pretty much throwing your apk into the wind here.

Now part 2!

Using this, I've created a GTX themed 4G widget. The only problem is that since theres no text label under the 4G icon it's off centered on my screen. Kind of disappointing really. From here, I plan on making another that's text only. So it should look much better.

Here's what I've gotten so far. The ring is just an indicator. It isn't really there.
4GRelease1.png

-Waiting for the 4G status reboot fix before posting the apk-

Last edited:

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
Re: [APP] 4G Toggle Widget v1.1 - w/Sense disabled

Before I post the .apk, I wanted to make sure that rDude's 100% okay with.
Just wanted to check in with him first. :)
Seeing as this is pretty much all his work and the file isn't signed to either of us.

That is 100% totally fine! I'm actually going to post the entire source to Google Code soon so everybody can hack away at it however they please.

stroths

Dec 1, 2006
Already did that one, but thanks!

Post one thing that is already posted and someone wants to be a jerk...Well here's trying to contribute. I apologize I missed it. I guess I assumed that since rdude had just posted it was ok to modify and post, that no one had posted it yet.

Calm down. If you read jabbawalkee's earlier posts in this thread, you will see he was the first one to make a Sprint themed version of this, but he did not release it. You are the first one to post the apk in this thread. Jabbawalkee meant that he had already created that theme for himself, but was thanking you for your effort.

eme82

Aug 31, 2007
Kansas City
Calm down. If you read jabbawalkee's earlier posts in this thread, you will see he was the first one to make a Sprint themed version of this, but he did not release it. You are the first one to post the apk in this thread. Jabbawalkee meant that he had already created that theme for himself, but was thanking you for your effort.

I apologize, had a long day.

ChrisDos

Sep 5, 2009
Denver
Widget does not remember state on reboot.

It seems that the widget does not remember it's state on a reboot. If 4G is turned off prior to reboot, the widget will turn the 4G radio on after reboot. Uninstalling the widget causes the phone to remember the previous state of the 4G radio.

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
Re: [APP] 4G Toggle Widget v1.2 (6/18) - w/Sense disabled

It seems that the widget does not remember it's state on a reboot. If 4G is turned off prior to reboot, the widget will turn the 4G radio on after reboot. Uninstalling the widget causes the phone to remember the previous state of the 4G radio.

Good catch. I never noticed since I don't restart my phone very often. I'll take a look into it.

jabbawalkee

Dec 22, 2008
Chevy Chase, MD
twitter.com

Thanks, that's exactly what I meant :) I'll try not to be so short next time. Anyways, yeah, it looks good. I wasn't sure if rdude was cool with me releasing the one I did, but no big deal. Good work guys!

B3RL1N

Sep 26, 2009
Las Vegas
tyler.berlin

Good catch. I never noticed since I don't restart my phone very often. I'll take a look into it.

Yeah, I just PM'd you about this rDude. I can confirm it as well. I think there's more to it than that though.

stroths

Dec 1, 2006

I noticed that too. Thought it was something to do with my custom config (i.e. ADW) or possibly that I modded the APK with my own icons. Glad to see it isn't just me.

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
I noticed the same issues here.

Is there any way to fix this?

Haha, I wasn't lying earlier when I said I'm working on it. In the meantime, if you want to take a crack at the code and try fixing it, it's available on Google Code ;-)

But in all seriousness, I'm debugging it and will post an update as soon as I have a fix or anything useful to report.