[APP] 4G Toggle Widget v1.2 (6/18) - w/Sense disabled + SOURCE

Search This thread

lolz mclollerson

Mar 29, 2008
Haha, I wasn't lying earlier when I said I'm working on it. In the meantime, if you want to take a crack at the code and try fixing it, it's available on Google Code ;-)

But in all seriousness, I'm debugging it and will post an update as soon as I have a fix or anything useful to report.
It's no issue to me, I'm just thankful that the widget even exists.

Take your time, and thanks again for your hard work!

t.o.m.

Nov 21, 2008
I moved the 4G widget away from the main screen page and it no longer automatically enables 4G on reboot. Also updated to Fresh v0.3 as well.

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
I moved the 4G widget away from the main screen page and it no longer automatically enables 4G on reboot. Also updated to Fresh v0.3 as well.

Pretty sure it has more to do with using Fresh than what screen it's on. I don't have it on my main screen but still have the issue. As far as I can tell so far, querying the state of the radio seems to turn it on sometimes. This is the type of driver issue that could be in some ROM's but not others.

However, I could be wrong there. Still researching. It's slow going since I have to keep rebooting my phone every time I want to test it, but i am making some progress.

D

dehelflix

can any of you fine gentlemen throw together a 4g toggle that matches beautiful widget design?

Tundricles

Jun 14, 2010
So...for fun, I decided to edit the images in the 4G Toggle apk from this thread and replace them with the stock images for the 4G Toggle. It's not perfect, but here's the result:

Toggle Off:
snap20100616_170048.png

Intermediate - toggle turning on:
snap20100616_170056.png

Toggle On:
snap20100616_170242-1.png

Did this because I thought it would be fun to have the sense 4G toggle on vanilla Android, mix things up a bit. Thanks for making this possible rdude!

What rom is that and where can I get all those fancy widgets like that protected power brick one?

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
What rom is that and where can I get all those fancy widgets like that protected power brick one?

id also like some info on your rom/widgets! the power widget up top.. is that the new default on froyo or is that someone elses widget? who makes the 2nd widget down? and the brightness widget.. where can i find that? :)

getting back on track though.. much thanks to the OP! this is what i was waiting for and pretty much the only reason i was still using senseUI. excited to switch to Launcher now(and froyo once the camera issue gets fixed)!

*EDIT*
ok after further reading i see the top widget is switchpro.. and ill def be looking into getting that :)

Last edited:

rdude

Oct 24, 2006
Seattle
twitter.com
excited to switch to Launcher now(and froyo once the camera issue gets fixed)!

Unfortunately, last I checked (V6), WiMAX wasn't working on Froyo. I think nobody has actually ported the HTC drivers over since HTC hasn't released their kernel source yet.

Hey, speaking of various ROM's, is anyone using this widget with Damage Control ROM? I got a bug report saying it wasn't working on there and want to check if anyone else is having the issue. I'll probably drop the ROM over the weekend and test myself too.

chaoswarp

Aug 17, 2007
Beautiful Widgets - 4G Toggle

Any chance of having a 4G toggle that looks like the Beautiful Widgets icons?

I threw this together quick, I had to fake the text under the widget so its all
an icon, but it seems to fit in just fine with everything else.

This is a graphic hack of the original 4G toggle to fit the beautiful widgets style.

-ross

Attachments

• BeautifulToggle4GWidget.apk
    56.3 KB · Views: 182

amirborna

Jun 19, 2008
[highlight]MOD Edit: No warez allowed[/highlight]

Last edited by a moderator:

psywiped

Jul 4, 2010
id also like some info on your rom/widgets! the power widget up top.. is that the new default on froyo or is that someone elses widget? who makes the 2nd widget down? and the brightness widget.. where can i find that? :)

getting back on track though.. much thanks to the OP! this is what i was waiting for and pretty much the only reason i was still using senseUI. excited to switch to Launcher now(and froyo once the camera issue gets fixed)!

*EDIT*
ok after further reading i see the top widget is switchpro.. and ill def be looking into getting that :)
curvefish makes the brightness widget.

i want to know who makes the widget at the bottom that allows you to group together the 8 icons into the space of 2

mrkmrk

May 19, 2010
Austin, TX.
Upon installation, I only get a lightbulb as the widget icon :(. I searched for lightbulb and light bulb in this thread with no results, so I assume that the topic hasn't been covered yet...

EDIT: Eh, just using SwitchPro now. Worth a dollar!

Last edited:

pgh2atl

Jun 21, 2010

This is a graphic hack of the original 4G toggle to fit the beautiful widgets style.

-ross

For some reason I cant get this to install on my phone. I tried install & get a 'Application not installed' error. Anyone know what I can do to get this installed?

sakasune

Jul 3, 2010
Sweet!

-ross

Thank you good sir, I switched from Sense to ADW and a 4G toggle was the only thing missing from Beautiful Widgets and it's fits in nicely. Well done and many thanks!