[APP][5.0.2][IR]LG QuickRemote for AOSP [1-13-15]

Search This thread

KronicSkillz

Jan 30, 2013
LG G8
i made a flashable zip that FINALLY works for me. Ive only tested it once on an already heavily broken in install of bliss6. Using nebula 12 kernel, I flashed this zip and wiped cache and dalvik-cache partitions before rebooting. Everything worked perfectly the first try

i put the zip in another thread here

I am using the lgqremote.apk from 5.1 on G4, and quicksetsdk from the D855 stock M port thats been going around. Let me know if this works for your build

the lib file in quickset sdk is 0 bytes and is completely blank i can't see how this works.. it doesn't work for me on cm13 or mokee6 and ive also tried both with custom kernel (777). i'm made sure init.d is working ive made sure selinux is permissive the quickset sdk never shows up in app list and thus no manufactures show up and learning feature doesn't work

bitworm93

Nov 5, 2014
Muscat
the lib file in quickset sdk is 0 bytes and is completely blank i can't see how this works.. it doesn't work for me on cm13 or mokee6 and ive also tried both with custom kernel (777). i'm made sure init.d is working ive made sure selinux is permissive the quickset sdk never shows up in app list and thus no manufactures show up and learning feature doesn't work
you should try AnyMote https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy4
im using it on cm13 and it has a much bigger database than the LG quick remote app...works perfectly

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

It work on LG L90 (CM13)?

you should try AnyMote https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.remotefairy4
im using it on cm13 and it has a much bigger database than the LG quick remote app...works perfectly

KronicSkillz

Jan 30, 2013
LG G8
you should try AnyMote https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy4

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

you should try AnyMote https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.remotefairy4

i got this remote working and its better because it can learn any remote

bitworm93

Nov 5, 2014
Muscat
The latest version of peel smart remote also allows custom remotes. You just open the remote and click custom remote. From there you can add which buttons from any remote you have that you want to setup.
thanks a lot...this remote with the program guide feature is insane...everyone should give it a try for sure

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Does not work with g3 on cyanogenmod 13 app don't show up after flash zip

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park

J0SH1X

Jan 3, 2014
Aachen
Looks like you didn't bother reading some of the thread. Below is where you need to go.
Read through the thread carefully.
You'll need SELinux Permissive but everything you need to know is there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3301931

[PORT] LG QuickRemote for AOSP MM

LG G3 D851, PAC-MAN ROM, Tapatalk 4.9.5
My selinux is permissive coz I use quick circle case and for working on AOSP you need permissive
b95d58c4e6c291ee705d96a0e662ef54.jpg

Moderat=permissive

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: marcdw

DS-1

May 15, 2013
www.facebook.com
Can anyone helps me in installing it on g2 d802 with cm13?

I flashed it thru recovery, than i rebooted, but the app didn't appear. So I enabled init.d with the app in the first link and then changed SELinux status to permissive, rebooted but nothing, still no app present.

Then I flashed it again thru recovery, but always the same issue.

EDIT: with an .apk found in the previous pages, I've installed correctly the app, but it can't find any manufacturer list!

Last edited:
Reactions: droide_volante

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
Can anyone helps me in installing it on g2 d802 with cm13?

I flashed it thru recovery, than i rebooted, but the app didn't appear. So I enabled init.d with the app in the first link and then changed SELinux status to permissive, rebooted but nothing, still no app present.

Then I flashed it again thru recovery, but always the same issue.

EDIT: with an .apk found in the previous pages, I've installed correctly the app, but it can't find any manufacturer list!
Did you do a little reading first? No, of course, is the answer.
I posted in the previous page the link for the MM version and guide for Quick Remote.

Reactions: DS-1

droide_volante

Dec 9, 2012
Napoli
Looks like you didn't bother reading some of the thread. Below is where you need to go.
Read through the thread carefully.
You'll need SELinux Permissive but everything you need to know is there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3301931

[PORT] LG QuickRemote for AOSP MM

Hi.
The guide is very interesting..
Have you a guide to install Quick memo on cm13?
Thanks

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
I've lost your message, sorry.

Your guide made me install the app without problems.

Thanks a lot for the help!
No worries. Excuse my weird attitude.
The guide for MM is not mine, I just provided the link. Glad you got it working. So far Quick Remote has run fine on three MM ROMs. Those were SELinux permissive by default which made things easier. Now I gotta try on others.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

Confirmed not working on LG G3 CM 12.1
Try this thread also. It might be helpful.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3193159

[PORT][LL ONLY] LG G3 QuickRemote for AOSP

Reactions: DS-1

marcdw

Sep 24, 2014
Baldwin Park
where is the app i have installed this mod in recovery but where is the app shortcut in the menu help?
If it flashed correctly you will see QuickRemote in the app drawer of your launcher. Not in some menu (but I'm sure you meant app drawer).
Note: I also assume you're running Lollipop. That's what this thread covers.

EDIT: Two or three posts before this I posted a link to the other Quick Remote thread. Try to flash that one instead. It should work.

Last edited:

Fifa91

Jun 5, 2014
Pakrac
If it flashed correctly you will see QuickRemote in the app drawer of your launcher. Not in some menu (but I'm sure you meant app drawer).
Note: I also assume you're running Lollipop. That's what this thread covers.

EDIT: Two or three posts before this I posted a link to the other Quick Remote thread. Try to flash that one instead. It should work.

I don't see a shortcut from the LGremote control but i downloaded SURE remote control app and it works perfect :laugh:

Reactions: marcdw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This zip installs the QuickRemote app and enables the IR blaster to work on AOSP Lollipop ROMs for the LG G3 (and G2). Not every device or rom has been tested, so flash at your own risk.
    Credits go to @sefnap for the original G2 port, @RieGo for the original scripts, and @zzeneg for updating to the G3 versions.

WORKAROUND DETAILS:
    The default SELinux policy for android was changed to enforcing mode in Lollipop to increase security. This restricts the functionality of some apps, so for QuickRemote to work we have to change the SELinux policy back to permissive mode until we have a better solution.
    This zip installs an init.d script which runs at boot and sets the SELinux policy, as well as other permissions. It will also create the file /sdcard/QRemote.log, which records the SELinux policy at startup.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    --Make a backup (or at least download the uninstall)
    --Install the latest SuperSU (highly recommended)
    --Wipe dalvik/cache (just in case)
    --Flash zip in recovery (TWRP or PhilZ)
    --Reboot--
    --It may take a moment for device manufacturers to load, so be patient.

TROUBLESHOOTING:
    First, make sure init.d is enabled:
    -Check for /sdcard/QRemote.log. If the file isn't there, the init.d script did not run.
    ---Enable init.d support with this app

-If it still isn't working after enabling init.d and rebooting, verify that SELinux was set to permissive at boot in QRemote.log
    ---Try this app to set the SELinux policy instead.​
    If the QuickRemote app force closes when you open it:
    -Make sure QuicksetSDK is installed. It won't be in the app drawer, so check Setting->Apps->All
    -Clear QuicksetSDK data, delete /sdcard/Quickset Setup, reboot​

Thanks to everyone in this thread for helping figure this thing out!
    Congratulations for making the portal news. :)
    Oh, sweet! I didn't see that!

Updated
    So, here's another update that should set SELinux to permissive on boot. It will also make a log file (/sdcard/QRemote.log) to confirm that the init.d script ran and show the SELinux policy at boot. Hopefully this will help troubleshooting.
    This is a lot of trial and error since this stuff is all new to me, so I appreciate everyone's patience and feedback.
    @op if you want help getting this to work on enforcing im willing to help
    Here's the Quickremote zip with the updated QuicksetSDK (For CM12!):

http://www.mediafire.com/?bbfbfefbnj7bj7k

I hope you don't mind me uploading this here @zzeneg, all credits are going to you! If you want me to, I'll take it offline immediately.

I think it should work on any 5.0 AOSP-Rom.

For some reason my IR-Blaster isn't working, the app launches, but the IR-Blaster just doesn't work.
    OP updated with Lollipop fix!
    Man, it's good to have this back.. Thanks, @Xerionius and @ahk31!