[APP][5.0+] Ampere the charging meter

nihil0

Jan 7, 2007
Budapest
The v1.00 will not work after 2015-01-31. When you have v1.00 installed, please update it to v1.01 before 2015-01-31.
A time lock was added in the early developer versions and it remained unfortunately in the first released version. The time lock has been removed in v1.01.

Change log for v1.01:
  • Sign problem corrected
  • I don't owe an Oppo Find 7, but I think it maybe works now.
  • Time lock removed

miksontije

Feb 17, 2011
on my nexus 4,app is inacurate. with same cable and same apps running in background i get drastic change in values,if i start apk again(first run apk 400ma,then i kill ampere apk and run again and get 130ma). also in some usb cable i got 2A current,that is imposibile. i use htc evo 3d charger,he can give 1A max. i got also,with htc charger more charging current than with original nexus4(he is rated to 1.2A)

nihil0

Jan 7, 2007
Budapest
on my nexus 4,app is inacurate. with same cable and same apps running in background i get drastic change in values,if i start apk again(first run apk 400ma,then i kill ampere apk and run again and get 130ma). also in some usb cable i got 2A current,that is imposibile. i use htc evo 3d charger,he can give 1A max. i got also,with htc charger more charging current than with original nexus4(he is rated to 1.2A)
Yes, I noticed this behavior also on my Nexus 4. Please read the first post, the technical info part. The Nexus 4 is an older phone and I think it's measurement chip gives more random values as correct ones. I also noticed, that if used with a 2A charger and a good USB cable, then a charging current about 700-800 mA will be measured and this seems be stable. This means, that the Nexus 4 messes up the lower values.

Mahennemaha

Aug 29, 2011
Nice, finally an App for the OnePlus One.
Could you add a homescreen Widget for displaying the current?

Edit/
I tested the app and there is a little bug.
while charging with negative currents the app doesn't show a minus.

I charged via USB port on a laptop in standby, so the phone recognizes it as an ac adapter.
First it's charging with ~180ma on high brightness, the port only delivers about 600ma…
After turning on the camera led, the current is around ~-180ma and peaks at - 270ma.

Also min doesn't go below zero.

I've done a short video for demonstration: Ampere the charging meter: http://youtu.be/DM--yyZtWC0

Last edited:

kjwaugh

May 9, 2012
unfortunately not working on G3 d852 with CM12

Confirmed using CM 12 (nightly Jan 27) and it does not report a useful number after bouncing around for a moment - it just displays the min level of 10mA. It registers the fact that it is charging/discharging and my phone type/model.

meyerweb

Jun 19, 2010
On my Lg G3 (Sprint) with Illusion it works, sort of, but the value shown fluctuates so much it's essentially meaningless. Not the app's fault, I'm sure.