[APP][5.0+]Android VoIP Call Recording - Record calls from WhatsApp, Viber, Skype etc

Search This thread

Psycho_Ch

Mar 20, 2021
@ Psycho_Ch
So you did run namely PerfMon, which doesn't require root, and still can't get CPU load reading? What's your OS version and phone model? Magisk version? You should have similar OS function, try to find Magisk CPU module, or try this app.

Do you use the Recorder's overlay feature, or only its Notification? My point was about overlay, but I agree it doesn't show up in Recents, possibly because its running in background all the time. But the dev can fix that.

I also don't see overlay line in A10 after phone reboot, despite Float View is chosen in settings, and the Recorder starts at boot and shows Notification.
Yeah "Perfmon" dosen't work with me but is normal, muy device dosen't support CPU/GPU load monitors, they only show frequencies of them.
I'm running Android 8.1 (But I change constantly of Android versions between 8-10) Redmi 5 plus, latest version of magisk (22.1) BTW all the xiaomi devices have a "Game booster" with CPU/GPU and FPS meters, works fine but you need the stock ROM or MIUI based ROM (You lose the compatibility with CPU/GPU load monitor if you change of ROM is a bug in my model) I try to find any "CPU module" but I don't find nothing 😂 also I download the app that you said but don't work too, show a "Overall percentage" but are based on the frequencies no is a exact CPU load monitor, An example if you have all the cores in the lowest frequency the app say that you are using the 29% of the CPU, also if you lock the frecuencies to the MAX the app say that you are using the 100% that no true (and the app say that I'm using the 29% of the CPU recording at FHD60+Mic+Internal sound)

No, I only use the Notification.

Yeah I mean the notification no the overlay, also you are using a "Samsung galaxy A10" ?? My phone have more power than yours (even is better than an A20) but hey, I going to write some things about the app for the developer that I found, because some errors/problems were my bad no of the app.

Psycho_Ch

Mar 20, 2021
1.- Yeah problem solved thanks for that.

2.- Ohhh i'm so ****ing dumb, yeah i didn't
notice that in "About" Sorry for through the security of your app 😂😂

i have been used more and more the app and i find more errors/problems.

1.- the app don't let you to record at more resolution that your screen.
i have an old phone with low specs and i need lower the resolution of my screen for get a smooth "Experience" (And more recording the screen) so when i lower the resolution and i set in settings that i want record at 1080x1920 the app record at 360x720 that's pretty bad.

Unique Solution.- Record 1 time with the "normal" resolution, stop the recording, go to lower the resolution of your screen and start again the recording (% 6.- Please allow to record at more resolution that your screen %)

2.- Problems with the "Lock App"
In "Special settings" say that you need lock the app for avoid some problems but when i lock the app the recording gets corrupted, everything black or green, so only you need activate that in some smartphones.

Unique Solution.- Don't activate the app lock (% 4.- Put a message about that %)

3.- Audio gets corrupted.
Most times the audio gets corrupted after 40-80 seconds of recording for all the video (exept the first 40-80 Seconds) gets inaudible any sound from the recording (Internal sound and Microphone) you don't notice that after see the recoding HAHAHA (So bad)

Unique Solution.- Deactivate the options "Force internal sound" and "Force microphone" that are activate by default (% 7.- Put by default off the options or put a message about that %)

4.- Extremely bad performace.
Sometimes when you record the performace is so bad IDK why.

Unique Solution.- Record again (% 4.- need fix %)

5.- Force resolution.
After the first time that you record always the app record the next times at the max resolution of your screen, dosen't matter if you select any resolution always is the max.

Unique Solution.- Erase the Data of the app after every time that you record (π 6.- So bad π)

6.- False resolution.
This not is an error but hey why not, if you select record at 1080x2160 (or any resolution) the app record in another resolution in this case 1088x2160 and is little strange that are inaccurate the resolutions in the app.

Unique Solution.- Nothing (1.- Acceptable)

7.- You can't enter in the app using "Recents"
Yeah only that, you can't enter in the app while/after record using "Recents"

Unique Solution.- Enter in the app using the notification (% 2.- Acceptable but need fix %)

8.- Sound gets so high in some apps.
In some apps the sound gets SO high (like 200%) only internal sound, that's no normal.

Unique Solution.- Make some test with every app and lower the internal sound for every app before of record your video (π 6.- So Bad π)

I wrote a lot, i give some solutions for almost everything but some things need big change.
I put after every solution a number + my opinion, the number represent the grade of "Need a fix" highter number means that is more important (Max number is "10") and also i put a " %" in some of them that means that those problems no are "So bad" when you know how to solve them and a "π" when even knowing how to solve that problems are So bad.
Okay man I arrive with more info of the errors and news.

1.- The app don't let you record at more resolution that your screen.
Yeah this need a fix, I don't find nothing new about that.

2.- Problem with the "Lock app"
Yeah man you was right, that was an error of the ROM, in that ROM the lock app don't work fine, when I lock the app after a while automatically the lock of the app change between unlock/lock stopping for 1 second the recording, that was why the recording was corrupted (Only happens with that ROM)

3.- Audio gets corrupted.
Yeah this still happens with all the ROMs that I use, this error only can be solved turning off "Force microphone/System Internal"

4.- Extremely bad performance.
Yeah this also never happen me again (Maybe was an error of the ROM too) but that was crazy, running at 6FPS the launcher 😂

5.- Force resolution.
I found why this happens.
You remember the first problem that I have in my list (that the app don't let you record at more resolution that your screen) also you remember the solution that I give (Record with the normal res. of your screen and change the res while you are recording) only happens that if you use my solution, so if you let record at more resolution you solve 2 errors (Maybe)

6.- False resolution.
I said the same in the another list.
This is only info, no are problem by self. Also some video editors don't support that resolutions (Only happen me with "Kinemaster")

7.- you can't enter in the app using recents.
Yeah this is a bug that no only happen to me.

8.- Sound gets so high in some apps.
Yeah this only happens with some apps, maybe no are a error of you app, but IDK I never have been used another internal sound recording app, so I can't tell you if is an error of your app (Also no is only so high sound, variates between apps and is hard need make test for every app before of record and select different " Internal sound percentages" for every app)

Also I found a new bug

9.- Video have some problems with some resolutions.
When I lower the resolution of my screen to HD+ (720x1440) the recording have some bugs on the video, appear random horizontal lines of pixels on some games (IDK if happen with native HD+ screens)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-191045_ТВ_Плеер.png
    Screenshot_20210416-191045_ТВ_Плеер.png
    2 MB · Views: 4

zamar27

Oct 20, 2016
Given extremely high demand on the market for recording Voice conversations which is blocked in latest OS versions, I don't think recording Video chat is high priority at the moment, and recording Games seems indeed low or no priority, as many other apps can do that. But you did some good testing for the app's future roadmap. :)

But voice source levels normalization, mic noise filtering, and automatic recording start should probably be the 1-st line priorities for the dev.

Last edited:

Psycho_Ch

Mar 20, 2021
Given extremely high demand on the market for recording Voice conversations which is blocked in latest OS versions, I don't think recording Video chat is high priority at the moment, and recording Games seems indeed low or no priority, as many other apps can do that. But you did some good testing for the app's future roadmap. :)

But voice source levels normalization, mic noise filtering, and automatic recording start should probably be the 1-st line priorities for the dev.
Yeah probably, is the name of the app "VoIP Recorder"

But this app still being the best, another apps are so bad for record screen with internal sound and mic (on android 5 to 9) don't let you use headphones or even you can't hear anything, don't have to much options and have more errors.

Farsca

Jan 12, 2018
Hi!

Randomly the application does not convert "boldbeast_voip1.rec" files to ".mp4". The file has data, "800Mb" for example. I have uninstalled the application several times, but the file is not converted and cannot be played. What is the problem? I can't send any log since I deleted the data from the application.

Thanks.

boldbeast

Oct 23, 2014
Hi!

Randomly the application does not convert "boldbeast_voip1.rec" files to ".mp4". The file has data, "800Mb" for example. I have uninstalled the application several times, but the file is not converted and cannot be played. What is the problem? I can't send any log since I deleted the data from the application.

Thanks.
The .rec file is a working file during recording. Normally the file will be changed to .mp4 at the end of recording. If the app is killed by the system before the recording is ended, the .rec file will be left there. You can try to change .rec to .mp4 by a file manager, but most possibly it can't be played back because it was not saved correctly. Maybe you can copy it to your computer to use other video tools trying to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android VoIP Call Recording - Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger, Google Voice, Google Hangouts, Google Duo, Line, WeChat, Skype, magicApp, Signal etc, is a feature many Android users are waiting for. But for so many years you still can't enjoy the feature, even if your Android phones are more and more powerful, even if you have rooted your phone.

Several recorders said they can record VoIP calls, but actually they can't. Why? Because Android allows only one app to use the microphone. As a result,
    • If the VoIP app (WhatsApp, Skype etc) is using the microphone, the recorder fails to start recording.
    • If the recorder is using the microphone, the caller can't hear your voice during the call because the VoIP app (WhatsApp, Skype etc) is denied to use the microphone.
    For this reason all call recorders and all screen recorders can't record VoIP calls. You can test and confirm the fact yourself.

Boldbeast VoIP Call Recorder
    This app adds the VoIP Call Recording feature to your phone. It uses the microphone in a shared manner, so it can record VoIP calls successfully on all Android phones.
    • Record video calls and voice calls from VoIP apps such as WhatsApp, Skype etc. Actually all VoIP apps on the market are supported.
    • Capture game playing, video playing, music playing, app using etc. Recordings can be saved as video+audio files or pure audio files. Audio is loseless because the data is copied directly from the system internal.
    • Audio can be saved in stereo or in mono.
    • Save all recordings locally in your phone memory or in the external SD card, so they are available at once after recording is ended.
    • Manage recordings, play back, rename, delete, share etc.

Requirement
    • Android 5.0 up.
    • Root needed.

Installation
    • Install the app from Google Play: Android VoIP Call Recorder
    • In the app tap "Root > Grant Root Access" to grant root access to this app.
    • On the screen you'll see the folder name in which the CallRecordingFix module is saved. Please use Magisk Manager to install the CallRecordingFix module from the folder.
    • Power off then power on the phone.
    Now you can enjoy the new VoIP call recording feature on your Android phone.

Start / Stop / Pause / Resume Recording
    When a VoIP call comes, the VoIP app (WhatsApp, Skype etc) doesn't notify this app, so this app can't start recording automatically because it doesn't know the event. You should tap the record button on the notification or on the float view to start recording. When the call is ended, this app doesn't know the event either, so you should tap the stop button to stop recording. During recording you can pause and resume recording if you want.

Feedback
    The app has just been released. Feedback, bug reports are welcomed.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android VoIP Call Recording, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    boldbeast

Version Information

Created 2020-03-16
    Last Updated 2020-03-16
    Ok, the problem was solved after i made a call as other member mentioned before. But the problem I have now is that after having installed the module through magisk, when i open the app it says the module is not installed, but in magisk shows up as installed.
    Thanks to AloneDevils for sending log files to me. I checked his log files, and found a minor bug that made the problem.
    I have just released the new version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder V1.2 in Google Play, the problem has been fixed. Please
    - update the app in your phone to V1.2.
    - tap "Root > Check CallRecordingFix" to generate the new CallRecordingFix module.
    - use Magisk Manager to install the new CallRecordingFix module.
    - reboot the phone.
    Now it should work. In Magisk Manager please confirm the module is V2004.

Google Play may need time to publish the new version, so please wait a while if needed.
    I DO installed the fix module through magisk,but when I check callrecordingfix in this app,it keep saying “you have not installed the call recording fix module yet". Please help. My device are pixel 2xl and pixel 3axl with Android 10 rooted via magisk.
    Another user met the same problem on his Pixel 3a XL Android 10 phone, and he sent log files to me.
    I'm checking the log files at this moment. It seems a file in CallRecordingFix is not executed when Magisk starts up. I'll fix it soon.
    Another user met the same problem on his Pixel 3a XL Android 10 phone, and he sent log files to me.
    I'm checking the log files at this moment. It seems a file in CallRecordingFix is not executed when Magisk starts up. I'll fix it soon.

actually,the user who sent you log files and I are the same person.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Hi, I have been used this app for weeks in different Roms/Kernels and is very good
    1. We have just released the new version of Boldbeast VoIP Recorder V2.2. Please update the app on your phone to V2.2. The "root access" problem should be fixed.

2. With the free version everyday you can record 2 full recordings without limit, and more recordings limited to 30 seconds each. Please upgrade to the pro version to remove this limit.

3. Thanks for the H.265 suggestion. We'll consider it.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone