[App][5.0+] Aurora Store - an unofficial OSS Play Store client [May 16]

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Lol 99,9% of google play apps has loggers and trackers and sure FB and signal has it too. Even apps on f-droid has logers and trackers but its mentions in app description aka Anti-features..
You can use NetGuard, XPrivacyLua, Warden, AppManager, etc to block/facking evil actions/services in apps.
Well, welcome to the privacy freedom club!
I'm in that club from android 6... when you'll get used to you'll not missing gapps at all.. mybe apps aren't that beautiful as in google play but sure they are more functional and privacy friendly.
Don't be scared just download f-droid from f-droid.org set permision for storage only. Run fdroid refresh repo by pulling down on 1st page wait to finish and viola you're ready to explore.
I advice you to search AdAway and NetGuard for start. You have threads on XDA for all that apps. Than you can download AuroraDroid more repos and nicer GUI for fdroid. Well just explore and search for info on XDA or github/gitlab.
For banking its safe as it can be on PC, you can use fennec, firefox, klar and setting up for privacy + ublock.
Again, welcome to privacy freedom.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD APKS FROM ANY SITE IF YOU DONT KNOWN THE DEVELOPER. IT'S EASY TO INSERT MALICIOUS CODE INTO APK AND UPLOAD IT... JUST DON'T DO THAT!!!
Good luck and stay safe.
A few corrections and notes:
  • Signal contains no trackers. It is fully FOSS, so you can check it.
  • Using banking apps is more secure than using a browser, simply because it is much easier to compromise a PC than to infect a smartphone. Privacy settings in browsers and uBlock don't keep you safe from trojans.
  • The Google Play ecosystem is a much better guarantee against malware than f-droid an sich when it comes to non-FOSS apps. Best app sources are the ones like Github and Gitlab, though these lack update notifications.
  • Netguard indeed is a great tool to block unwanted internet connections, and with the addition of XPrivacyLua to fake data that cannot be blocked it will keep you as safe as you can be.
  • As a general rule: don't use public WiFi spots, limit yourself to your home WiFi and only use cellular connections outside.

V7BHl1fBkTVNzPR9E13I

Dec 9, 2018
  • Using banking apps is more secure than using a browser, simply because it is much easier to compromise a PC than to infect a smartphone. Privacy settings in browsers and uBlock don't keep you safe from trojans.
  • The Google Play ecosystem is a much better guarantee against malware than f-droid an sich when it comes to non-FOSS apps. Best app sources are the ones like Github and Gitlab, though these lack update notifications.
  1. They meant phone browser, not PC browser
  2. F-Droid app-store is a place where you can only get open-source apps. There are no closed-source apps there. It's actually better than github and gitlab, because app developers can attach whatever apk they want to the release notes. Meanwhile all apps (F-Droid website states it's not all, but I haven't encountered such exception myself) in F-Droid are built from source by F-Droid, so you always know that the app is built from the available source, and not from some hidden branch with malicious addons.

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
  1. They meant phone browser, not PC browser
  2. F-Droid app-store is a place where you can only get open-source apps. There are no closed-source apps there. It's actually better than github and gitlab, because app developers can attach whatever apk they want to the release notes. Meanwhile all apps (F-Droid website states it's not all, but I haven't encountered such exception myself) in F-Droid are built from source by F-Droid, so you always know that the app is built from the available source, and not from some hidden branch with malicious addons.
I don't want to start an f-droid discussion here (actually, for apps that don't check for updates themselves I do use it), but I don't see why I should trust whoever is behind the f-droid service over the actual developer of an app.

Let's get back to Aurora Store now please.

Last edited:

1337haXXor

May 28, 2016
Okay, I've done some searching and have a question. I have a good amount of paid apps through Google. I know there have not been any substantiated bans, but I have an idea just in case. What if I were to login to Aurora using one of my "family" accounts through Google? That way I could access all of my paid apps and *if* I were to get banned, I could just remove the family member and do it again with another account?

Also, there are some apps that use my Google login as the account (I'm trying to minimize those). For those, could I still do this? Connect the burner, family account through Aurora but use my "main" Google email to login to the account, or would there be issues?

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
The main token server is still down.
Having the same address (I assume http://auroraoss.in:8080) in the tokenizer field does not mean they are using it. The main tokenizer server url is http://auroraoss.com:8080, which is used by default. There is no automatic fallback in case the main server fails (is either down or overloaded), which is why there is the toggle "Enable custom tokenizer" for users to enable manually. You can also host your own server for the tokens and insert your custom server address there. Enable this toggle and restart the app, then you should be able to login just fine.
I'm not sure what you mean with "...to have both addresses from the Wiki page in that field at one time?". You can see both addresses on the Server status page.
I've tried setting that option to use the .in server, but it still fails to build API

Edit: Nevermind, clearing app data fixed it

Reactions: duttyend

duttyend

Dec 18, 2012
A few corrections and notes:
  • Signal contains no trackers. It is fully FOSS, so you can check it.
  • Netguard indeed is a great tool to block unwanted internet connections, and with the addition of XPrivacyLua to fake data that cannot be blocked it will keep you as safe as you can be.
  • As a general rule: don't use public WiFi spots, limit yourself to your home WiFi and only use cellular connections outside.
Just to add a useful information regarding GitHub: you can receive notifications for 'New releases' when you have an account

zenon9

Jan 18, 2021
Lol 99,9% of google play apps has loggers and trackers and sure FB and signal has it too. Even apps on f-droid has logers and trackers but its mentions in app description aka Anti-features..
You can use NetGuard, XPrivacyLua, Warden, AppManager, etc to block/facking evil actions/services in apps.
Well, welcome to the privacy freedom club!
I'm in that club from android 6... when you'll get used to you'll not missing gapps at all.. mybe apps aren't that beautiful as in google play but sure they are more functional and privacy friendly.
Don't be scared just download f-droid from f-droid.org set permision for storage only. Run fdroid refresh repo by pulling down on 1st page wait to finish and viola you're ready to explore.
I advice you to search AdAway and NetGuard for start. You have threads on XDA for all that apps. Than you can download AuroraDroid more repos and nicer GUI for fdroid. Well just explore and search for info on XDA or github/gitlab.
For banking its safe as it can be on PC, you can use fennec, firefox, klar and setting up for privacy + ublock.
Again, welcome to privacy freedom.
DO NOT DOWNLOAD APKS FROM ANY SITE IF YOU DONT KNOWN THE DEVELOPER. IT'S EASY TO INSERT MALICIOUS CODE INTO APK AND UPLOAD IT... JUST DON'T DO THAT!!!
Good luck and stay safe.
Thank you for nice words and long explanation 👍
I appreciate 😊

I flashed my older phone and before installing anything first check on my another phone with Google to make sure about app.

I checked Google translate app and I was surprised it looks like it doesn't have any tracker's ?! Is it the only app from Google that I can use ? I can use without logging in.

And one more question even if you do not install anything dy you think that that open source android without Google apps is not tracking?

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Thank you for nice words and long explanation 👍
I appreciate 😊

I flashed my older phone and before installing anything first check on my another phone with Google to make sure about app.

I checked Google translate app and I was surprised it looks like it doesn't have any tracker's ?! Is it the only app from Google that I can use ? I can use without logging in.

And one more question even if you do not install anything dy you think that that open source android without Google apps is not tracking?
Of course Google Translate is tracking you. They just don't include external trackers because they are Google themselves.

If you install a true AOSP ROM or official LineageOS and nothing else (so also no GApps) you can be pretty sure you are not tracked. Note that some AOSP ROMs actually do include GApps.

Reactions: duttyend

drnightshadow

Dec 4, 2008
Of course Google Translate is tracking you. They just don't include external trackers because they are Google themselves.

If you install a true AOSP ROM or official LineageOS and nothing else (so also no GApps) you can be pretty sure you are not tracked. Note that some AOSP ROMs actually do include GApps.
Well official LOS 17.1 for whyred contains two serious tracking apps for China. Just to support the phones using in China. You can read it on LOS thread and how to remove it, yeah after every OTA. Well i create a simple batch file to automate the process. Maybe some day I'll create magisk module. As you can see trackers are everywhere, specialy on China devices.
Good luck and stay safe!

razerphynx

Jan 28, 2017
Well official LOS 17.1 for whyred contains two serious tracking apps for China. Just to support the phones using in China. You can read it on LOS thread and how to remove it, yeah after every OTA. Well i create a simple batch file to automate the process. Maybe some day I'll create magisk module. As you can see trackers are everywhere, specialy on China devices.
Good luck and stay safe!
Huh wow, you weren't kidding!

drnightshadow

Dec 4, 2008
Huh wow, you weren't kidding!

Yes, I take privacy really(deadly) seriously. I hate if someone trying to invading or raping human rights, including privacy. :devilish:
Good luck and stay safe!

zenon9

Jan 18, 2021

Thank you for response.

But how can I know if rom is true AOSP ?

How about those rom ?
havoc os
bliss rom
Arrow os
MSM-XTENDED

And about tracker
I checked telegram and it shows
Google tracker and Microsoft ! WTF ? I don't understand
Telegram is in F-Drodid so it is open sure but they let to use trackers?

Thx 🙏

temporarium

May 16, 2012
Thank you for response.

But how can I know if rom is true AOSP ?

How about those rom ?
havoc os
bliss rom
Arrow os
MSM-XTENDED

And about tracker
I checked telegram and it shows
Google tracker and Microsoft ! WTF ? I don't understand
Telegram is in F-Drodid so it is open sure but they let to use trackers?

Thx 🙏
Whom do you fear?
Root your phone, debloat your ROM, install Adaway and this app. Use a firewall to limit network access. And don't use Google apps. Unless you're on the Mafia hitlist or some terrorist, you should be ok 😁

KostasGangstar

Aug 18, 2020
I use this wonderful app to backup split apks of my paid and free apps for a long time now without a ban or anyone stealing my accounts, however I was trying to backup the latest nightly of the aurora store itself and noticed that the nightly builds page is no longer working? Just a few days ago it had nightly builds but i didn't backup any and now the page is not working. And the latest stable is still the one I backed up last year, there won't be any more updates? Does anyone know where to grab the latest nightly or what happened to the nightly builds

Hb20032003

Oct 22, 2015
Noida
I use this wonderful app to backup split apks of my paid and free apps for a long time now without a ban or anyone stealing my accounts, however I was trying to backup the latest nightly of the aurora store itself and noticed that the nightly builds page is no longer working? Just a few days ago it had nightly builds but i didn't backup any and now the page is not working. And the latest stable is still the one I backed up last year, there won't be any more updates? Does anyone know where to grab the latest nightly or what happened to the nightly builds
The nightly builds have been turned off atm. As for updates v4 is around the corner. A group admin posted screenshots of the alpha build in the telegram group :) I have attested the last nightly below.

Attachments

Last edited:

drnightshadow

Dec 4, 2008
The nightly builds have been turned off atm. As for updates v4 is around the corner. A group admin posted screenshots of the alpha build in the telegram group :) I have attested the last nightly below.
Why are so evil:ROFLMAO: stop teasing us.(read it as a joke)
Sure looks nicee, can't wait to get it stable.🤩.
Good luck and stay safe!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone